LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

He never gets loads right. So if he has done well already he's bound to get a few wrong.

Predicted an Everton win which will most likely be wrong = Draw or win for us.

Will show my working for an extra mark.

(Lawro's shockingly bad prediction ability) + (Incredible stroke of luck in getting a few correct) / Bound to be wrong sooner or later = Everton prediction will fail in epic fashion.

LOLROMATICS.

You put all those Newcastle players up for sale and you look at the quality of clubs that come in for them.

Yet nobody did...

Have you visited an alternate universe were all our players were put up for sale like?

You put all those Newcastle players up for sale and you look at the quality of clubs that come in for them.

Yet nobody did...

Have you visited an alternate universe were all our players were put up for sale like?

Every player is available to buy. Being "up for sale" means nothing these days.

I missed this peach about his previous predictions:

"Lawro got four results right, with no perfect scores, and his score of four was beaten by Rutherford (three correct results, including one perfect score), who picked up five points. Despite his win, Rutherford sits bottom of the guest scoreboard (at the bottom of the page)."

So, his score was beaten by "Rutherford", whoever that is. But Rutherford still sits bottom of the guest scoreboard. So, the worst guest predictions of the season so far > Lawro.

I missed this peach about his previous predictions:

"Lawro got four results right, with no perfect scores, and his score of four was beaten by Rutherford (three correct results, including one perfect score), who picked up five points. Despite his win, Rutherford sits bottom of the guest scoreboard (at the bottom of the page)."

So, his score was beaten by "Rutherford", whoever that is. But Rutherford still sits bottom of the guest scoreboard. So, the worst guest predictions of the season so far > Lawro.

Rutherford is the bloke that won gold for GB in the long jump during the Olympics.

Newcastle v Norwich

Newcastle put on a real Jekyll and Hyde performance at Everton on Monday but they ended up nicking a point.

Demba Ba got their last-gasp equaliser but his agent has not done him any favours since then by coming out and talking about him possibly leaving. That sort of thing really annoys me.

I would expect them to win this game without half as much drama, however, because I am worried about Norwich's prospects under former Magpies boss Chris Hughton.

Clearly things are not going to be the same as they were under his predecessor at Carrow Road, Paul Lambert. For a start, it is always difficult when the guy before you has been so successful.

But, as well as that, Lambert's approach was completely different. He ran the club from top to bottom whereas Chris is just a really good coach.

Prediction 2-0

:megusta:

Guest expat in the pool

the scumbag has been at it again, saying they should buy Ba in jan cos of get out clause.(and cos they're shite,got no forwards of worth and are going down)

why would anyone in their right mind go to them.

Reading vs Newcastle

I might end up saying this every week for the forseeable future but I look at Reading and just don't think they have enough quality.

That is understandable for a side coming into the top flight but, on top of that, they also have quite a few liabilities in their team. Defensively they are not strong enough, not just not good enough. In midfield too, they are a little bit lightweight and I think teams are finding it too easy to play through them.

Newcastle have made a strange old start to the season in many ways. You could argue they didn't play well against Everton and got a point, and that they didn't play well against Tottenham and Norwich and got a win.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew goes back to the club where he made his name as a manager between 1999 and 2003 and I think it will be a happy return for him, especially if his side can begin to find some form.

Prediction: 1-2

I bet that includes the postponed Sunderland vs Reading though. Add imminent home wins against Reading and Wigan to their 4 points and he's not far off.

Not only did he overrate Wolves, he's vastly underrated their rivals West Brom though.

Newcastle vs Man Utd

I covered Manchester United's win over Cluj in the Champions League on Tuesday and, even against ordinary opposition, Sir Alex Ferguson's side were still easy to play through, which was a worry for them.

It is good news for Ferguson that he has Darren Fletcher back in midfield, and that Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie works up front, but they looked very narrow going forward.

It is not often in the last 20 years you can say a United team lacked width in attack but it was a sign of a more cautious approach, even though you always felt that, once they equalised against the Romanians, they would go on and win the game.

The best United will get in the North East is a draw. And going on the attack is definitely Newcastle's best bet because they can get at this United defence.

The Magpies let the opposition play too, as Reading found out in their draw last week, but the form Demba Ba is in at the moment will make him very dangerous especially because Hatem Ben Arfa is capable of exploiting any weakness United have at the back.

Prediction: 1-1

We see him trollin', we hatin' :troll:

Guest BooBoo

If you think we get it bad, Sunderland received just nine words in his preview of their game against Man City. :lol:

Nobody gives a toss about them. :yao:

Are Sunderland his new Wolves? He's got them on 13 points ffs.

Probably a similar underlying reason tbh. The Beeb do have their little managers' old boy's club, so they're like to back them to do alright - just like they did with Mick McCarthy who was under fire. Artie Ziff refusal to win until last week, means Lawro has inflated their predicted points total - just like he did with Mick. Once Martin O'Neill steers them into mid-table I'd expect more normal predictions.

I bet I put more thought into my predictions than Lolro every week. :lol: Starting to take it really seriously, thinking about the games during the week, etc.  The sign of an impending downward spiral.

Must be difficult being at the top. Everyone gunning for you. Everyone wanting your spot. The pressure. It's a lot to take.

I dunno IP man, if I were you... I'd just quit... get out..