Sven "Interested" - DENIED

Guest eyeball_tickler

No "big" manager will ever come here as long as Fat Fred is our manager.  Because they are low paid here. Cant choose their own team, because FF wants "big" name signings to make the fans satisfied. While the manager needs a striker, fat fred goes out and buy a winger.  Who would ever come working for him?  SBR did, because he was a NUFC Fan, and he love our club.  If we ever are going to achieve big things, we need to sack Fat Fred, and the board. We need to find ourself a good manager, and let him choose his own coaching staff. We need a revolution in the way we are doing our buisness, because this Fat bastard doesnt know much about running a football club.

Freddy Sheperd and the board out, Its time for a revolution at our club.

bloody hell fred has got full contol of everything toon manager as well.seriously i think sven comes with the media circus but you cannot deny his club record is excellent but there is always a nagging doubt and is this just me that anything fat fred has done in recent times has been a disaster for us to moving on.this the scum story about sven has probably been done to stir it up and has no substance but will cause alot of disscusion on here and anal oliver will have a "club source at newcastle says sven story a joke " headline in the ronnygill and his own little jibe because  "i know everything that goes on at the toon and you dont" crap.

Guest Gemmill

I'd much rather have Roeder and a new Chairman, than Freddie and a new manager.

As for Sven - my worry with that kind of senior figure is whether they really have the motivation. Sir Bob did, but he was an exception. You wonder whether, at the first sign of the shit flying around, they're going to think, I've been through this before and proved my worth, why should I have to take it all again?

There's something to be said for a manager who's career is still on the rise.

If Sven puts another failure on his CV, that's his career at the top level over (some might say taking a job at Newcastle indicates that that's already happened), so I don't think that there'd be any issues with motivation for him.  If he fucked up here, that would be the end of the gravy train.

Just to complete the circus feel, get the clown prince in as manager. Could anyone stomach watching how Englands galacticos played in the end?

As much as I don't think Sven is a great motivator, I think he's got a good vision of how a club should be set up for success.  More so than the current incumbent and a lot of the alternatives out there.  I think we'd have a much more professional set-up from top to bottom with Sven in charge, and we'd have a much greater chance of attracting decent players/coaches to the club as well.

what he said, spot on

There really is nothing of substance in the article and the fact that it's from The Sun is enough for me to ignore it.  I'd suggest everyone else does the same.

Hypothetically though, Eriksson would be a very good option as the next manager of this club.  People can claim that he bought all of his success in Italy but the fact is that we have bought nothing but mediocrity for a large portion of the Premiership era.

Same question to you. Do you think they had to give £200m to the managers to buy players.

We know that many people get a rag on at Fred for calling Geordie women dogs ( FYI I didn't marry one :) ) and so think he's a wanker. How exactly does that stop Newcastle supporters appearing as wankers to outsiders by not being happy with a Board that funds it's managers to that extent? These are two different things.

Perhaps you will actually answer these questions. Or will it be a snip of a few words and a bit of sarcasm as usual???? :cool:

I might have a bash HTL :)

"Do you think they had to give £200m to the managers to buy players." Well, as that money was generated by the club, primarily through the fans (via tickets, TV subscriptions, merchandise et al) then the options were to cream that cash off, accumulate it in the bank or spend it on the club - either players or infrastructure. So in a sense YES, they were obliged to spend that money on players, pay off the debt on the stadium and develop training and corporate factilities. Are you suggesting that as shareholders they should simply pocket all profits (as has been suggested was done in the old days?)

"How exactly does that stop Newcastle supporters appearing as wankers to outsiders by not being happy with a Board that funds it's managers to that extent?" Only the ignorant would suggest we are angry with Freddy for spending so heavily on players - we are angry that despite this investment we are still failing to reach achievable goals. We have seen a succession of managers who have failed to bring success - the media and outsiders would probably latch onto this fact as a flaw in our supporters, but those campaigning for Shepherd's removal feel that the malaise runs deeper than flawed players and managers, that something deeper is holding us back, and large sections of the Newcastle support group feel that "something" is the board, embodied by Mr. Fred Shepherd Esq

Good answer really. However, taking the first paragraph. I don't think the Board is obliged to spend anything like the amount they have done on players. It hasn't worked out overall, but they have funded the managers to a level that they hoped would allow the club to compete near the top. They definitely did that because we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th under Robson. Having then given Souness £50m to improve on a team that finished 5th I don't think they can be accused of trying to compete at a lower level. They could have opted years ago to try to operate at a lower level, therefore making less transfer funds available to managers. That's all I'm saying.

I understand the second paragraph and it's written from the point of view of a Newcastle supporter of course, but put yourself in the position of an outsider who doesn't feel the frustration. They won't know exact figures but they will be aware that Newcastle have been big spenders for years. The majority of the country see managers buying players, not Chairmen so will see a club that has a Board that fiair enough have appointed managers who haven't worked out but still a Board that backs the managers with cash. Mny clubs don't do that anywhere near as well as ours. This actually is a flaw in some supporters in my opinion. Look at the list of players signed by Dalglish. Some were good but he wasted a good deal of money, similarly with the others. Did Fred buy Maric, Marcelino for example, or was that Gullit? The list goes on.

The attitude of blaming the Board for failed signings ( and that's whata it is ) does the club no credit, a bit like Fred calling Geordie women dogs.

what the hell has happened to this board, and what happened to the banning of anyone who"s abusive.

Howay lads we"ve got a massive problem at the club, direct your anger towards them not each other.

instead of bitching get something organised that spells out to the club we"re not happy, it will have an effect if its well planned, sustained, and well executed

Yes, I agree. It's not good that someone with the responsibilty of a moderator should be abusing people by calling them stupid, still moaning about something that *happened* about 3 years ago. But he's a young lad, so I'm not surprised.

The fans have become so cynical no manager would satisfy them unless hero Alan Shearer took up the managerial reigns — a prospect not seen as likely in the near future.

Clueless toss.

Ever stopped to wonder at the impression created outside the area by these wankers going on about sacking a Board that's pumped somewhere close to £200m into buying players?

:lol:

Good one, ace.

£200 million, no success and some crappy buys.

Yes you can highly recommend the board on that basis.

There are of course top clubs who would have spent that money wisely.

Your defence of the board becomes more comical day by day. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

It could have been £20m. Which is the point you will never understand for obvious reasons.

Guest Gemmill

So Freddy has responded and he has no plans at all to take on Sven, the whole story has been rubbished!!  :thup: :thup:

It's not so much that he has no plans to take on Sven, rather that he has no plans regarding anything at all.  Every day is like a little adventure for Freddy.  He has no idea what's gonna happen, but hey, "one thing you can never say about Newcastle United is that we're boring *smug, brothel-creeping grin*".

Guest ChickenKiev

I'd much rather have Roeder and a new Chairman, than Freddie and a new manager.

How is that going to change things? Roeder will still be the same motivator he is now. He will still put out the same players he's putting out now. He'll still do exactly the same as he's doing now than under a new chariman so how's that better?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~920462,00.html

Toon Dismiss Sven Reports

NEWCASTLE United have dismissed newspaper reports linking Sven Goran Eriksson with a possible move to St. James' Park.

One national tabloid claimed on Tuesday morning that the former England boss is interested in joining the Magpies.

However, United chairman Freddy Shepherd responded: "This is all news to me. I have not spoken to Sven since he left the England job and I have no intention of speaking to him.

"Neither have I spoken to his agent Athole Still and as far as I am aware they have not tried to approach us.

"In any case if they did it would not matter because we already have a manager."

I honestly thought HTL had more about him than to point to the money spent on players and say "you'd have to be a wanker to want to get rid of that board!".  Disappointing.

And I thought you would be intelligent enough to see past your bias and recogninse that they did not have to try to compete near the top by making this level of cash available.

Guest Gemmill

I honestly thought HTL had more about him than to point to the money spent on players and say "you'd have to be a wanker to want to get rid of that board!".  Disappointing.

And I thought you would be intelligent enough to see past your bias and recogninse that they did not have to try to compete near the top by making this level of cash available.

Jesus Christ, THAT IS THEIR JOB.  If the club is generating that much cash, then YES, it is their duty to make that cash available to improve things on the pitch.  The alternative is that it goes in their back pocket - are you suggesting I should be grateful that it didn't??

So Freddy has responded and he has no plans at all to take on Sven, the whole story has been rubbished!!  :thup: :thup:

It's not so much that he has no plans to take on Sven, rather that he has no plans regarding anything at all.  Every day is like a little adventure for Freddy.  He has no idea what's gonna happen, but hey, "one thing you can never say about Newcastle United is that we're boring *smug, brothel-creeping grin*".

FFS:  "We don't plan at Newcastle. Geordies don't need to plan for anything.  You wouldn't believe the top names we have battering down my door to come here". 

* Goes back to desk and waits for phone to ring *

Sven would do me right now (not in a sexual way, although he'd probably have a pop) at least its someone with qualifications, a name, and someone FS wouldn't push about.

He'd demand financial backing and bring in an excellent set of staff (which you cant knock him for, the team he assembled at England was the most professional we've ever seen, England will aways be managed differently from now on because of that)

Guest Armchair Pundit

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~920462,00.html

Toon Dismiss Sven Reports

NEWCASTLE United have dismissed newspaper reports linking Sven Goran Eriksson with a possible move to St. James' Park.

One national tabloid claimed on Tuesday morning that the former England boss is interested in joining the Magpies.

However, United chairman Freddy Shepherd responded: "This is all news to me. I have not spoken to Sven since he left the England job and I have no intention of speaking to him.

"Neither have I spoken to his agent Athole Still and as far as I am aware they have not tried to approach us.

"In any case if they did it would not matter because we already have a manager."

On one hand you know that Freddy would come out with this sort of comment whoever was being discussed purely for the fact that he has to put a face on us not looking elsewhere while Roeder's still in charge. On the other hand Freddy doesn't like foreign managers, hasn't got a clue what this football club needs AND is a complete buffoon.

Guest CollapsOfEvolution

First of, I just want to say Hello, I'm new hear, I'm from Denmark, so if my grammar, spelling or sentences all together seems completly impossible to understand.

Back to football.

I do not see Svennie as a great coach, besides being a Newcastle fan I'm also  a Juventus man, and the years that Svennie spend at Lazio, might have earnt him and the club a Championship, but with squad he had availeble, any thing else would have been an disaster. His reign as your national coach, didn't exactly brighten my wiew on his abilities either.

I think a manager like Marcello Lippi (Don't blame the Juventus fan) would be perfect, he has proven himself time and time again, except at Inter off course.  I think he would bring our club back on track, with his enourmess experience and winning instinct.

Also in Juventus he proved that he didn't have to buy sttar players every year to win trophies. Which coould come prove to be handy considering our somewhat unstable  economic situation.