He's back?

oldtype

Is there no end to the evil of the man? He buys the club simply in order to sell it, appoints Keegan with the deliberate intention of forcing him out of the club, and then -- just to piss people off -- refuses to sell the club after all. Finally, just to rub it in, he insists on coming to sit in the stand that cost him £45 million.

Makes Hitler look like Mary Poppins.

Aye, he uses the safety of his kids as an excuse for why he has no choice but to sell the club, then when he can't sell it for a profit after a year when he's fucked up the club and put it in real danger of relegation at the same time as practically all other businesses have gone down massively in value, it looks like he's going to use his kids in PR to try and make it look like he's had a change of heart.

Move over Mother Teresa, this man's a Saint.

Watch out next week for part 2 "Ashley was offered £500m for the club but turned it down because he didn't think the new owners had the best interests of the club at heart."

Guest firetotheworks

Is there no end to the evil of the man? He buys the club simply in order to sell it, appoints Keegan with the deliberate intention of forcing him out of the club, and then -- just to piss people off -- refuses to sell the club after all. Finally, just to rub it in, he insists on coming to sit in the stand that cost him £45 million.

Aye, he uses the safety of his kids as an excuse for why he has no choice but to sell the club, then when he can't sell it for a profit after a year when he's f***ed up the club and put it in real danger of relegation at the same time as practically all other businesses have gone down massively in value, it looks like he's going to use his kids in PR to try and make it look like he's had a change of heart.

Watch out next week for part 2 "Ashley was offered £500m for the club but turned it down because he didn't think the new owners had the best interests of the club at heart."

Or 'the children'  :angel:

Better off staying away certainly right now. if he turns up for the stoke game im in no doubt the majority would accept him, however it only takes a couple of twats with a banner or trying to have a pop and the rest of the ground will be distracted and we will be in danger of throwing more points down the drain.

Aye, he uses the safety of his kids as an excuse for why he has no choice but to sell the club, then when he can't sell it for a profit after a year when he's fucked up the club and put it in real danger of relegation at the same time as practically all other businesses have gone down massively in value, it looks like he's going to use his kids in PR to try and make it look like he's had a change of heart.

Fucking hell!  :lol:

Nothing gets past you, does it? You wily old fox.

Watch out for part 3 "Callous  Mike Ashley uses his own kids as Cocaine mules"

best thing that could probably happen right now, IF he's learned from his mistakes

the fact he's given kinnear the job for the season suggests he hasn't though, so it might as well be treated as bullshit, especially as kinnear has "revealed" it anyways the fucking gobshite

best thing that could probably happen right now, IF he's learned from his mistakes

the fact he's given kinnear the job for the season suggests he hasn't though, so it might as well be treated as bullshit, especially as kinnear has "revealed" it anyways the f***ing gobshite

To be fair to Ashley, (assuming that he's back for good) if we finish this season without being relegated, I'm 90% sure that Kinnear will get a declaration of "utmost gratitude" and "best wishes for the future," and be shown the door when his contract runs out with a better manager to come in.

Sacking Kinnear right now would have been a colossally bad move imo. You don't sack managers mid-season unless they're failing abysmally. Kinnear has proven that he's just about adequate.

the fact he's given kinnear the job for the season suggests he hasn't though, so it might as well be treated as bullshit, especially as kinnear has "revealed" it anyways the f***ing gobshite

To be fair to Ashley, (assuming that he's back for good) if we finish this season without being relegated, I'm 90% sure that Kinnear will get a declaration of "utmost gratitude" and "best wishes for the future," and be shown the door when his contract runs out with a better manager to come in.

Sacking Kinnear right now would have been a colossally bad move imo. You don't sack managers mid-season unless they're failing abysmally. Kinnear has proven that he's just about adequate.

nah, fuck kinnear, he's a clown, sorry puppet

if the mans getting nothing to spend then fine, leave him in charge 'cause no-one else would take the job anyways...that means ashleys not learned from his mistakes as i say

if he had learned and decided to stay he'd realise he needs to invest, and that investment should not be overseen by joe kinnear

the end

not bad news at all imo.

if he comes back in and sorts out the issues a la levy at spuds, then we'll be on a much better footing.

you'll know in January, spending or lack of will tell us what we need to know

the papers are claiming kinnear has been told he's got no money to spend, sell to buy

tells me all i need to know given the papers were pretty fucking spot on all summer about what he was making available for transfers

i want him back, want him back, want him back for good.

Whatever we said, whatever we did, we didn't mean it!

We just want you back for good!

ps. shocked no one had pulled that one, and:

how awesome would it be if that song would be sung at SJP?

not bad news at all imo.

if he comes back in and sorts out the issues a la levy at spuds, then we'll be on a much better footing.

the papers are claiming kinnear has been told he's got no money to spend, sell to buy

tells me all i need to know given the papers were pretty f***ing spot on all summer about what he was making available for transfers

Yep, those reliable papers get everything right. 

Not saying we will have money but theres a direct quote from JFK saying hes been told he had money, we'll be best just to wait tbh instead of another hypothetical argument kicking off again.

i want him back, want him back, want him back for good.

Whatever we said, whatever we did, we didn't mean it!

We just want you back for good!

ps. shocked no one had pulled that one, and:

how awesome would it be if that song would be sung at SJP?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not bad news at all imo.

tells me all i need to know given the papers were pretty f***ing spot on all summer about what he was making available for transfers

Not saying we will have money but theres a direct quote from JFK saying hes been told he had money, we'll be best just to wait tbh instead of another hypothetical argument kicking off again.

you've just described the summer, and the events that led to our current predicament...but yeah, lets hang fire til feb 1st and we're totally fucked

not bad news at all imo.

you've just described the summer, and the events that led to our current predicament...but yeah, lets hang fire til feb 1st and we're totally f***ed

Yeah but us arguing about it isn't going to make Ashley spend money, we can have a try if you want but it'll probably be a waste of both of our time.

not bad news at all imo.

you've just described the summer, and the events that led to our current predicament...but yeah, lets hang fire til feb 1st and we're totally f***ed

Yeah but us arguing about it isn't going to make Ashley spend money, we can have a try if you want but it'll probably be a waste of both of our time.

aye right enough, but then it's a discussion board - discussing team selection & tactics never makes the manager do what we want or the team win but people do it every week...

Hope he does come back, should never have bottled it in the 1st place.

Come back, admit his mistakes, get the club moving forward again and i couldn't be any more happier for him to return.

Assuming that includes not spending much in the summer? You were one of the first to criticise him over transfer dealings.

Not having a go btw, you were right then and I wasn't.

Come back, admit his mistakes, get the club moving forward again and i couldn't be any more happier for him to return.

Assuming that includes not spending much in the summer? You were one of the first to criticise him over transfer dealings.

Not spending enough in the summer was really just an effect of the breakdown in the transfer system in place. At the time I didn't know how in depth the problem was, i knew there was something amiss, but no one would say it was so serious KK was going to walk when the window closed.

I blame Keegan for walking, its his choice, i blame Ashley for putting him in that position. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Not spending enough in the summer was really just an effect of the breakdown in the transfer system in place. At the time I didn't know how in depth the problem was, i knew there was something amiss, but no one would say it was so serious KK was going to walk when the window closed.

I blame Keegan for walking, its his choice, i blame Ashley for putting him in that position. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Fair enough. :thup:

The ironic thing is, one of the chairmen in the Premiership that I think most clubs would die for (Gibson) only spent a net £500k, and saved £7m a year in wages...yet he's lauded for it and Ashley is criticised.

Hate to use the communication card again but Steve Gibson comes across as a Chairman who honestly makes the decisions based on whats best for his football club. I dont doubt that he looks at it ruthlessly from a financial aspect as well but it as much they way he puts it across as what he does.

The ironic thing is, one of the chairmen in the Premiership that I think most clubs would die for (Gibson) only spent a net £500k, and saved £7m a year in wages...yet he's lauded for it and Ashley is criticised.

Last year Chelsea made a profit on transfers. See how lucky we are to have Ashley instead of Abramovich!