He's back?

oldtype

Why the need to apologise? The Glazers didn't apologise when they increased season ticket prices (before reclaiming the Premiership title...), Abramovich didn't apologise when he fucked up with Mourinho. There are plenty other examples of high profile fuckups by the top clubs in Europe and none have been followed by an apology. Fuck words. Just act. Spend some money and we're all good, Mikey.

Why the need to apologise? The Glazers didn't apologise when they increased season ticket prices (before reclaiming the Premiership title...), Abramovich didn't apologise when he fucked up with Mourinho. There are plenty other examples of high profile fuckups by the top clubs in Europe and none have been followed by an apology. Fuck words. Just act. Spend some money and we're all good, Mikey.

generally agree with this. the best apology is to use actions to put things right rather than hollow pronouncements.

Hope he does come back, should never have bottled it in the 1st place.

Come back, admit his mistakes, get the club moving forward again and i couldn't be any more happier for him to return.

Assuming that includes not spending much in the summer? You were one of the first to criticise him over transfer dealings.

Not having a go btw, you were right then and I wasn't.

Not spending enough in the summer was really just an effect of the breakdown in the transfer system in place. At the time I didn't know how in depth the problem was, i knew there was something amiss, but no one would say it was so serious KK was going to walk when the window closed.

I blame Keegan for walking, its his choice, i blame Ashley for putting him in that position. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Possibly, however I don't really see Keegan turning down the sort of players who would cost significant amounts of money (say £10m+). If the problem was Keegan turning down players rather than Wise not sanctioning purchases, or Jiminez failing to secure a transfer, I can only see it being because he either didn't rate them, or thought they were too unproven to go straight into the first team which is what was required for certain positions. Those types of players are ones you pick up for around £5m, like Xisco for example. If that's the case, then maybe we missed out on spending an extra £10m or so on a couple more youngsters, but I really don't think significant funding was there waiting to be spent.

It depends what you consider "enough" I guess, but with the lack of significant spending the year before and with all the extra revenue coming into the club this year and last, I know I was expecting around £20m net at least.

Guest Howaythetoon

The ironic thing is, one of the chairmen in the Premiership that I think most clubs would die for (Gibson) only spent a net £500k, and saved £7m a year in wages...yet he's lauded for it and Ashley is criticised.

Stupid argument tbh. That same chairman/owner has saved Boro time and time again over the course of a generation so quite rightly doesn't get criticised, where as Ashley... what the fuck has he ever done for this club? Fuck all. The comparison is ridiculous. If he's welcomed back by fans then we'll deserve the club we get under him. He doesn't want to be back at SJP because he misses it all and still cares. He can fuck off.

He can fuck off, even if he does spend a bit of money in January that hardly makes up for the total fuckup of a mess were in right now does it? The only way I would be happy to see him back is with a top class manager in charge with enough money to spend as he needs and this sham of a backroom staff booted out.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why the need to apologise? The Glazers didn't apologise when they increased season ticket prices (before reclaiming the Premiership title...), Abramovich didn't apologise when he f***ed up with Mourinho. There are plenty other examples of high profile fuckups by the top clubs in Europe and none have been followed by an apology. f*** words. Just act. Spend some money and we're all good, Mikey.

Increasing season ticket prices is a business decision and par for the course really. Abramovic didn't have to apologise for getting rid of a manager either, that too is par for the course. In short those things happen in football and are generally related to the football. Your argument is daft as Nut comparing Gibson and Ashley.

Not that I demand an apology from Ashley (I wouldn't believe a thing the man said even if one did come anyway) but he does need to acknowledge his role in all of this and look to heal a lot of wounds and throwing money at the manager isn't the answer even though the team desperately needs strengthened.

Hey Mike, do your worst just spend a few quid son shine.

Such is the distrust his regime has installed in me anyway, I'd question his motives if he were to do just that spend big. I guess that's his top job winning back some trust and I can't see a way back in for him on that front because again, everything he did or say would rightly be met with suspician.

He's fucked up, NUFC and football isn't for him clearly or rather he isn't for us as he's shown, so kindly try and find a buyer.

Why the need to apologise? The Glazers didn't apologise when they increased season ticket prices (before reclaiming the Premiership title...), Abramovich didn't apologise when he f***ed up with Mourinho. There are plenty other examples of high profile fuckups by the top clubs in Europe and none have been followed by an apology. f*** words. Just act. Spend some money and we're all good, Mikey.

Increasing season ticket prices is a business decision and par for the course really. Abramovic didn't have to apologise for getting rid of a manager either, that too is par for the course. In short those things happen in football and are generally related to the football. Your argument is daft as Nut comparing Gibson and Ashley.

Not that I demand an apology from Ashley (I wouldn't believe a thing the man said even if one did come anyway) but he does need to acknowledge his role in all of this and look to heal a lot of wounds and throwing money at the manager isn't the answer even though the team desperately needs strengthened.

Such is the distrust his regime has installed in me anyway, I'd question his motives if he were to do just that spend big. I guess that's his top job winning back some trust and I can't see a way back in for him on that front because again, everything he did or say would rightly be met with suspician.

He's fucked up, NUFC and football isn't for him clearly or rather he isn't for us as he's shown, so kindly try and find a buyer.

Well he's clearly not doing enough to force a sale so the only option left is to resort to verbal abuse. Here's my two pence worth:

You fat pansy Ashley. You are horrible.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's f***ed up, NUFC and football isn't for him clearly or rather he isn't for us as he's shown, so kindly try and find a buyer.

Well he's clearly not doing enough to force a sale so the only option left is to resort to verbal abuse. Here's my two pence worth:

You fat pansy Ashley. You are horrible.

:lol:

Don't hold back Tron.

Guest neesy111

if any fan's go back to protesting this season they should be shot, the last thing we need is another public humilation which was totally blown out of proportion by many fan's

like in that hull match with the cockney mafia banner, is that supporting the team no is it fuck, and did they think the players wouldn't be effected by it

i'm no ashley fan, but we're in a relegation battle and if any more protest's start happening then i believe we as fans deserve to be relegated

Guest Stephen927

He's just testing the water to see how welcome he would be back. Also helps with creating the image of him and his family as victims.

Guest toonlass

He's just testing the water to see how welcome he would be back. Also helps with creating the image of him and his family as victims.

A bit like poor little rich boy?

Is there no end to the evil of the man? He buys the club simply in order to sell it, appoints Keegan with the deliberate intention of forcing him out of the club, and then -- just to piss people off -- refuses to sell the club after all. Finally, just to rub it in, he insists on coming to sit in the stand that cost him £45 million.

Makes Hitler look like Mary Poppins.

he speaks highly of you, especially when you backed him when he took over.

The ironic thing is, one of the chairmen in the Premiership that I think most clubs would die for (Gibson) only spent a net £500k, and saved £7m a year in wages...yet he's lauded for it and Ashley is criticised.

Stupid argument tbh. That same chairman/owner has saved Boro time and time again over the course of a generation so quite rightly doesn't get criticised, where as Ashley... what the f*** has he ever done for this club? f*** all. The comparison is ridiculous. If he's welcomed back by fans then we'll deserve the club we get under him. He doesn't want to be back at SJP because he misses it all and still cares. He can f*** off.

How long has Gibson been there compared to Ashley?

Putting aside whether it was a good or bad decision, Ashley putting in his 'system' and backing it over a manager is a business decision and as such would be par for the course.

He can f*** off, even if he does spend a bit of money in January that hardly makes up for the total fuckup of a mess were in right now does it? The only way I would be happy to see him back is with a top class manager in charge with enough money to spend as he needs and this sham of a backroom staff booted out.

Agree with all that.

Is there no end to the evil of the man? He buys the club simply in order to sell it, appoints Keegan with the deliberate intention of forcing him out of the club, and then -- just to piss people off -- refuses to sell the club after all. Finally, just to rub it in, he insists on coming to sit in the stand that cost him £45 million.

Makes Hitler look like Mary Poppins.

he speaks highly of you, especially when you backed him when he took over.

Don't try and ruin another thread ffs.

You can't compare Ashley to the Glazers/Roman.

There is no need for Ashley to apologise, his vision and infrastructure he was implementing  was the best thing that happened to this club in a very long time. The only mistakes he made was hiring Llambias, should have been someone with experience in Football and the other was joining the fans in the Terraces, listening to all the Geordie sentimentalists talking about the good old days when Keegan was in charge and if he hired him, he would bring back the those glory days.

i dont think ashley even understands the 'system' he implemented, he just sees it as a way to reduce the costs of transfers, and also a means to generate player values in the future by buying talented youngsters. it's all about money and fits in with his philosophy at sports direct and some of his other actions and announcements as NUFC owner.

had he known about, understood and believed in the system as an end in itself (like wenger) rather than just a financial incentive, he would've gone for a continental first-team coach who has a proven pedigree in working in the setup. instead, we -know- that ashley has gone for Redknapp, Keegan, Venables and Kinnear, old school british managers, passionate, ruthless but likeable, ever so slightly dodgy outsiders who like to do things their particular way - a bit like Ashley himself you might say. Yet each of them horrificly unsuited to working with this new fangled system of his.

Of course, ashley could've instituted a team of scouts to do the same job but let the manager have the final say and use these tools if and when they see fit. that's the alternative to making the manager just a cog in the machine who answers the the DoF rather than the other way round. that he prioritised the value for money system says a lot about how he was running the club.

to move forward he should make this backroom setup answer to the manager, make this clear publicly and privately and back it with actions. Alternatively he could scrap the system and, like spurs, turn back to the traditional manager system. It remains an option to keep the system in place and appoint an impotent coach who answers to the likes of Wise, but in PR terms it would be a disaster and i believe it would see a repeat of the Keegan situation somewhere down the line. Kinnear is desperate for a job and on a limited contract but even he has tried to flex his muscles and obtain assurances that he has control over transfers.

i dont think ashley even understands the 'system' he implemented, he just sees it as a way to reduce the costs of transfers, and also a means to generate player values in the future by buying talented youngsters. it's all about money and fits in with his philosophy at sports direct and some of his other actions and announcements as NUFC owner.

had he known about, understood and believed in the system as an end in itself (like wenger) rather than just a financial incentive, he would've gone for a continental first-team coach who has a proven pedigree in working in the setup. instead, we -know- that ashley has gone for Redknapp, Keegan, Venables and Kinnear, old school british managers, passionate, ruthless but likeable, ever so slightly dodgy outsiders who like to do things their particular way - a bit like Ashley himself you might say. Yet each of them horrificly unsuited to working with this new fangled system of his.

Of course, ashley could've instituted a team of scouts to do the same job but let the manager have the final say and use these tools if and when they see fit. that's the alternative to making the manager just a cog in the machine who answers the the DoF rather than the other way round. that he prioritised the value for money system says a lot about how he was running the club.

to move forward he should make this backroom setup answer to the manager, make this clear publicly and privately and back it with actions. Alternatively he could scrap the system and, like spurs, turn back to the traditional manager system. It remains an option to keep the system in place and appoint an impotent coach who answers to the likes of Wise, but in PR terms it would be a disaster and i believe it would see a repeat of the Keegan situation somewhere down the line. Kinnear is desperate for a job and on a limited contract but even he has tried to flex his muscles and obtain assurances that he has control over transfers.

There are clear hazards in this DOF system, and ideally you'd want a DOF and Manager who had already worked together and who knew and trusted one another. It does involve a high level of co-operation and a willingness to compromise.

Having said all that, I'd still like to see us give it another go - mainly because I think Wise has actually done a good job, and it'd be a shame to lose him. Bassong, Coloccini, Jonas, Guthrie plus some promising youngsters - all at reasonable prices.

I also think we need a long-term plan. Throwing money at big name signings isn't an option - partly because we don't have the finance but also because there's too big a gap to the big four, who are bound to attract the better players at the moment. We need a good, world-wide scouting system and a good Academy to develop players, and that needs a lot of attention, particularly in the early stages. It's like asking the first-team manager to do two jobs.

I think it could work a lot better second time around, although I admit there are risks. I don't think Keegan was ever really committed to the system and in the end he was looking for a way out.