Kinnear Out

oldtype

i dont think it's got anything to do with keegan when people slate him, look at role model for instance.

personally i think he's done a good job and given our situation its a bit mad to want to drive him out, but i wouldnt offer him a job beyond the end of the season. he's a fairly mediocre manager who thrives on adversity and on his side being the underdogs, two conditions that are not going to last forever. to add to this he is an old school british manager which seems to be at odds with the way ashley wants to run the club.

i dont think it's got anything to do with keegan when people slate him, look at role model for instance.

personally i think he's done a good job and given our situation its a bit mad to want to drive him out, but i wouldnt offer him a job beyond the end of the season. he's a fairly mediocre manager who thrives on adversity and on his side being the underdogs, two conditions that are not going to last forever. to add to this he is an old school british manager which seems to be at odds with the way ashley wants to run the club.

Yeah agreed, he may be picking a winning team right now, but as we've seen time and time again under Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce, Newcastle United has always had the players to pick up two good wins on the bounce, the real test will be over the remainder of the season.

Three questions need to be answered over the course of the season:

1) Are the players currently performing inspite of Joe or because of Joe?

2) Will Joe show nous in the transfer market?

3) If he buys a transfer flop, will he admit to his own failure and drop him?

It will take positive answers on all three questions for me to give him enough credit to see him as a viable long-term option.

I've seen too many false dawns to give credit to someone based on two games. By taking this stance, I feel I admitting to my own mistakes with Souness and Roeder and Allardyce who won me over on the occasions he got a few wins out of some good players.

Or perhaps I'm that batterred ex-wife too scared to love someone again? Joe still has plenty more to do to prove that he's the right man to move on with.

'I'm looking upwards now,' said Kinnear. 'And if I could guarantee my players would stay fit, I would be looking up all the time.

'I'm very proud of our record. I have a good relationship with the players, which I hope continues and I'm getting the best out of them.

'I remember when I came in, I was told it was for six weeks and that's probably the reason why other people turned it down.

'I would have come for six days but what has happened in the financial world has changed things in my favour and the fact the club is not sold means I carry on.

'I knew the terms from day one and I'm glad I did. I have nothing to lose.'

Yeah agreed, he may be picking a winning team right now, but as we've seen time and time again under Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce, Newcastle United has always had the players to pick up two good wins on the bounce, the real test will be over the remainder of the season.

It will take positive answers on all three questions for me to give him enough credit to see him as a viable long-term option.

I've seen too many false dawns to give credit to someone based on two games. By taking this stance, I feel I admitting to my own mistakes with Souness and Roeder and Allardyce who won me over on the occasions he got a few wins out of some good players.

Or perhaps I'm that batterred ex-wife too scared to love someone again? Joe still has plenty more to do to prove that he's the right man to move on with.

I was just watching his post match interview on nufc.co.uk and one thing he said that interested me was that he claimed that he was told by the coaching staff that Bassong was a left back, but it was Bassong himself who talked to Kinnear and told him he wanted to play left centre, so he was given the chance. I know it's a small thing, but if that's true, I'm actually sort of impressed that Kinnear listens to his players and seems willing to try things out. There are some managers who don't seem to talk to their players at all.

Also, even if he's made some tactical mistakes (which he has) I've been impressed that he's been willing to give players chances to prove themselves and has stuck with in-form players, even if they aren't the typical starters. He clearly came in with a mentality that the experienced players should start, but he's allowed Bassong to take Taylor's place and N'Zogbia to take Duff's because they came in and earned the spot. When a manager shows that kind of consistency then the players, I think, will play well for them and will genuinely feel that if they give it their all, they will be recognized for it.

That being said, he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut to the media. Kinnear out!!!!  ;D

Guest Chris P

I was just watching his post match interview on nufc.co.uk and one thing he said that interested me was that he claimed that he was told by the coaching staff that Bassong was a left back, but it was Bassong himself who talked to Kinnear and told him he wanted to play left centre, so he was given the chance. I know it's a small thing, but if that's true, I'm actually sort of impressed that Kinnear listens to his players and seems willing to try things out. There are some managers who don't seem to talk to their players at all.

Also, even if he's made some tactical mistakes (which he has) I've been impressed that he's been willing to give players chances to prove themselves and has stuck with in-form players, even if they aren't the typical starters. He clearly came in with a mentality that the experienced players should start, but he's allowed Bassong to take Taylor's place and N'Zogbia to take Duff's because they came in and earned the spot. When a manager shows that kind of consistency then the players, I think, will play well for them and will genuinely feel that if they give it their all, they will be recognized for it.

That being said, he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut to the media. Kinnear out!!!!  ;D

well said . zoggy is playing the best football of his career at the moment. Kinnear in!!!!! O0

Resilient; that's what we are. I knew that we would win this match today because of resilience.

I think Joe has developed the resilience of a group (a small group) of very able players. We don't lose easily; six unbeaten.

Seb certainly played left-back at Coventry in the CC.So i don't disbelieve Joe,but doesnt it make Hughton look a bit of a tool?

If you think people here are just giving credit to him because of the recent back to back wins that's just idiotic. Seriously mate, it's what he's done as a whole. I've been positive to him even before the Stoke game, though then again, I've never been negative like most of the pessimistic members on here.

Though I agree on your three boxes to tick to see if he's worthy of the job full-time with a long term contract.

He's shown an ability to try out some new things and isn't afraid to drop players with reputations (Taylor, for example), so he deserves credit for that. We're also playing with more confidence now and much harder to beat but we need to get some consistency and play well against both the shit teams and the better teams. That will show whether our team's different to Roeder's and to an extent, Souness'.

Respect to JK.

In recent weeks we've look far more likely to win games than lose them. Unbeaten in 6 (including 2 last minute draws) and 5 points off Europe.

We are putting out a starting 11 that most fans are happy with, players in their correct positions and having the bottle to drop Taylor.

Its early days and i'm not saying i want him long term, but credit where its due.

Been beaten by only one goal under his spell so far, not bad considering he's had a few tough games.

Close games make interesting games, and that's what we are right now, interesting to watch.

And the two games where we were defeated by one goal, one was a free-kick and the other a penalty.

Been beaten by only one goal under his spell so far, not bad considering he's had a few tough games.

Close games make interesting games, and that's what we are right now, interesting to watch.

And the two games where we were defeated by one goal, one was a free-kick and the other a penalty.

If only his name was Kevin Keegan...