Kinnear Out

oldtype

Who is going to come here at this stage of the season? No ability to do anything in the transfer market, question marks still above the owner and the system, a team that will be even more bewildered, and not sure they'll be kept on next season if we go down. We couldn't even get Shearer.

As I said, there's no point even discussing it.

You get a lower level manager with a good record and lots of self confidence. Take a risk, if we go down, they'll have a better chance of coming up than Kinnear, and if we stay up, even better.

If Kinnear stays, we'll be in this position in the Championship next season.

If Messi-ah hadn't started that Martinez thread, who would you have suggested?

I suggested Martinez weeks ago in this very thread iirc. If not here somewhere else. Now apologise.

You can't just sack your manager every time you go on a shitty run of games ffs.

Why not just sack our manager every Friday afternoon and win the following game?  ???

It's not as if Kinnear was a class manager with a decent record and we're just turning on him because of recent poor form. FFS.

He was never good enough. Appointing hiim was a mistake from the start. Let's just get around to rectifying that before we're dead and buried.

It was either him or Hughton. Take your pick.

No-one else wanted the job.

Getting on my nerves how everyone states this with utter certainty.

If you were an unemployed manager who'd just left a Championsihp club, would you not jump at the chance to manage anywhere in the Premiership? No matter how s***?

Well there are a few of those out there right now. And every last one is leagues better than Joe f***ing Kinnear.

Do you blame the players at all or is it totally, 100% on Kinnear?

The players are also s*** but they'd be significantly less s*** if they weren't being coached by a complete idiot.

Is it impossible in your mind to both improve the squad AND get a new manager? Does it have to be either/or?

Not at all. But I can't see a long line of top players and managers forming an orderly queue to join us, can you?

In my opinion the players need to take a large share of the responsibility of the blame for where we find ourselves. If you disagree then fair enough.

I don't absolve the players from blame in the slightest. I don't see why you keep trying to misrepresent me in that manner.

We need to make a couple signings AND sack Joe Kinnear if we want to stay up. There are replacements out there.

Name them.

Search the thread, I've done so at least five times and I really can't be arsed anymore. :lol:

I think you mentioned unemployed Championship managers.

What do you think the reaction would be if we gave Glenn Roeder or Paul Jewell a hefty 4 year contract?

Kinnear is just a symptom of the cancer within the club.

I really don't like the comparison, i've used it before surely i have, i hate seeing a problem in football deemed cancer like, but fuk me, its spreading like fuk through the heart and soul of the club.

There will be nothing left come May.

Guest The Libertine

if kinnear has any sense about him he'll get that new contact signed tonight. it could be the most intelligent thing he ever does.

(if it exists, of course)

Who is going to come here at this stage of the season? No ability to do anything in the transfer market, question marks still above the owner and the system, a team that will be even more bewildered, and not sure they'll be kept on next season if we go down. We couldn't even get Shearer.

You get a lower level manager with a good record and lots of self confidence. Take a risk, if we go down, they'll have a better chance of coming up than Kinnear, and if we stay up, even better.

I suggested Martinez weeks ago in this very thread iirc. If not here somewhere else. Now apologise.

They've a decent chance of passing us on the way up, why would he leave them? Who else is there?

I could be a c*** and just say "search the thread"

Or I suppose I could be a decent man and just mention Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew, both of whom are probably desperate to get back into Premiership management (or management of any sort for that manner) and would jump at the chance.

There are also managers in the Championship that I'm sure could be tempted. Chris Coleman, Simon Davey, Roberto Martinez?

They're not world-beaters, but like I said, "competent and non-embarrassing."

Midds, this one is for you.

Guest neesy111

glenn roeder anyone, we we're in a similar position when he took over last time and ironically after being thumped by man city

They've a decent chance of passing us on the way up, why would he leave them? Who else is there?

tbh anyone bar a Swansea fan would jump ship in the position he's in.

I know i keep going on about the bloke but i still reckon if we chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise's role (at the very least), and offered him a load of cash to spend on the squad... Steve Bruce would come here. Blatantly gonna be pissed off at what's happened at Wigan this month and i don't think he'd turn us down again.

Just my opinion like - others might find it unrealistic. But i reckon he'd jump at the chance to become a Geordie hero for keeping us up - which he would do. Probably should have done it at the start of the window though, to stand any chance.

Not that any of the above would happen anyway.

I know i keep going on about the bloke but i still reckon if we chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise's role (at the very least), and offered him a load of cash to spend on the squad... Steve Bruce would come here. Blatantly gonna be pissed off at what's happened at Wigan this month and i don't think he'd turn us down again.

Just my opinion like - others might find it unrealistic. But i reckon he'd jump at the chance to become a Geordie hero for keeping us up - which he would do. Probably should have done it at the start of the window though, to stand any chance.

Why, what's happened at Wigan this month? Have they flogged their best player? He must be sick, bet he's dying to come here.

Not sure if its been posted on here, apologies if it has...

Happy Face over on TT

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2418/managersnc0.jpg

Joe Kinnear is now statistically the worst manager in Newcastle history bar Ossie Ardiles.

Should he lose to the Mackems and West Brom (he couldn't, could he?), he'll drop to dead last.

Why, what's happened at Wigan this month? Have they flogged their best player? He must be sick, bet he's dying to come here.

Was resigned to losing the likes of Palacios from the very beginning but i bet he was well miffed that they let Heskey go for a mere £3m or so.

Don't think he'd come if we could go down.

That's why I'm advocating someone at a lower level, because they would be making a genuine step-up.

Or I suppose I could be a decent man and just mention Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew, both of whom are probably desperate to get back into Premiership management (or management of any sort for that manner) and would jump at the chance.

There are also managers in the Championship that I'm sure could be tempted. Chris Coleman, Simon Davey, Roberto Martinez?

What good will another short-term appointment do? If a new manager is to be appointed it has to be long term and in that sense we can do far, far better than the likes of Pardew and Coleman.

:thup:

we have no money

Don't think he'd come if we could go down.

That's why I'm advocating someone at a lower level, because they would be making a genuine step-up.

Not if we go down, no. Like i say - probably missed our chance now (if we'd had a look in December then maybe)... tbf though an enquiry wouldn't hurt.

What good will another short-term appointment do? If a new manager is to be appointed it has to be long term and in that sense we can do far, far better than the likes of Pardew and Coleman.

No we can't.

In the state we're in I'd hand either one of them a two year contract in a heartbeat.

No we can't.

In the state we're in I'd hand either one of them a two year contract in a heartbeat.

Despite the likes of Terim, Deschamps, Bruce and Shearer declaring interest in the job when KK left?

No we can't.

Despite the likes of Terim, Deschamps, Bruce and Shearer declaring interest in the job when KK left?

The club's stock has shot down like a rock since then.

Besides, none of them actually expressed genuine interest bar Terim. Shearer made a point of saying he wouldn't come here.