Abdoulaye Faye

Willow

Was pretty pissed off when he left cos he was a really good defender, just ask Northern Monkey. However the feeling seems to be that it was him who wanted to go, so it was kinda pointless hanging onto a decent player who couldn't be arsed. So in that case, the board did what it does best and sold a player for a fair price - we got our money back after all.

Replacing him though, oh my...

I was really bewildered by his sale.  Definitely flawed, but thought he was our best CB and his sale just seemed needless.  Was pissed off when he gave us grief at St James's - seemed uncalled for, think most of us liked him and he wasn't getting abuse.  He clapped at the Britannia but couldn't tell whether it was sarcastic or in response to some people clapping him.

He refused to play for Keegan, why the **** would we keep him after that.  :doh:

Everyone seems to be missing this crucial point.

Did he?

I thought that they simply didn't get on, and Faye wanted to move?

I was really bewildered by his sale.  Definitely flawed, but thought he was our best CB and his sale just seemed needless.  Was pissed off when he gave us grief at St James's - seemed uncalled for, think most of us liked him and he wasn't getting abuse.  He clapped at the Britannia but couldn't tell whether it was sarcastic or in response to some people clapping him.

We sacked his best mate.

I dont like the cunt,says alot about his personailty when he went mental celebrating up in St James.Couldnt give a fuck that hes a good footballer,hes gone now I would prefer to have players who want to play for us rather than some pre maradona who looked like he got a hissy fit because he was a sub for a couple of matches under Keegan.

It was never going to work out for him up here once we sacked Big Sam unfortunately.

Just wish we didn't peddle him to a team that would end up being one of our relegation rivals.

I dont like the c***,says alot about his personailty when he went mental celebrating up in St James.Couldnt give a f*** that hes a good footballer,hes gone now I would prefer to have players who want to play for us rather than some pre maradona who looked like he got a hissy fit because he was a sub for a couple of matches under Keegan.

Faye > Taylor

So just for that reason, I'm going to disagree with that last sentence.

I dont like the cunt,says alot about his personailty when he went mental celebrating up in St James.Couldnt give a fuck that hes a good footballer,hes gone now I would prefer to have players who want to play for us rather than some pre maradona who looked like he got a hissy fit because he was a sub for a couple of matches under Keegan.

:lol:

He was our best defender, and we haven't replaced him with anyone of the same ability. Of all the departures - including Milner and Zoggy - he's the one we missed most by far.

He played every game under Keegan other than the first when he was just back from the ACN, so that's a load of old shite.

Your whole point is hilarious btw. Losing players like that (what the fuck is a 'pre maradona'?) is why we're probably going to be relegated on Sunday.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

• 2 years later...
Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Like I said in the other thread, will be a good centre half for West Ham next season. No surprise Big Sam got him in at all.