Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I have a horrible feeling that Owen will score hatfulls for them lot. Forget what he did here, Fergy is a brilliant manager.

Barring January onwards last season, he still had an impressive goals per game record. Big problem was those lack of games.

Cant imagine the Man U fans will be in raptures over it.

All the papers are saying he's going to sign now. Fair play to him tbh, I certainly didn't think he'd get a move like this.

Hope he flops massively of course.

Forget the chances he'll get and the 'playing in a good team' bollocks, what will really fuck me off will be when he invariably tries much harder for them. He went through the motions with us and for any player - never mind club captain - that is unacceptable.

Forget the chances he'll get and the 'playing in a good team' bollocks, what will really fuck me off will be when he invariably tries much harder for them. He went through the motions with us and for any player - never mind club captain - that is unacceptable.

yup. i'll never forget his last 6 months here, biggest cunt of the lot - well, barton excepted...

Guest neesy111

what a step backward's for man utd

the replacement for tevez is a 30 year old striker, he hasn't scored in almost 6 months and can hardly run

complete opposite of tevez as well, and he won't fit into man utd's team

man utd will not be able to compete at all in europe next season imo, they got lucky a couple of times last season in the champs league as well

the replacement for tevez is a 30 year old striker, he hasn't scored in almost 6 months and can hardly run

man utd will not be able to compete at all in europe next season imo, they got lucky a couple of times last season in the champs league as well

looks like a very worrying time for Man Utd tbh, if Fergie is buying Owen as one of his first XI players they're in big trouble and won't be in the running for the title. but if they go out and get another 3 or 4 top players and Owen is used as a sub then they'll be fine.

Guest ObaStar

I bet he hopes playing with rooney will get him a call up to england because of club partnership

Exactly - Tevez is the sort of player that can get you out of your seat, a fast footed SKILLFUL player that can make something out of nothing.  Owen is a one dimensional poacher that relies on everyone else to do the leg work, while he takes the glory.  If the ManUre fans are slagging off Berbatov now, just wait to see how they react to this cunt.

Guest toonlass

Exactly - Tevez is the sort of player that can get you out of your seat, a fast footed SKILLFUL player that can make something out of nothing.  Owen is a one dimensional poacher that relies on everyone else to do the leg work, while he takes the glory.  If the ManUre fans are slagging off Berbatov now, just wait to see how they react to this cunt.

Just imagine a Berbatov and Owen partnership,  :lol:

lol, so what happened to 'No top 4 club will ever want him' and that he is 'finished' then huh?  The best team in the land wanting the guy on those kinds of wages.. i wonder why?  Maybe because despite the shit he served us with horrible work rate, we didn't create the guy anything.  Lets see how many he gets next season. 

We'll see if it's true. I certainly cant see him starting with Rooney. Ferguson all out of ideas and options tbh

It's hardly panic buying, still a whole month left and no doubt from that Ronaldo money he has agents on the phone to him every other minute.

We'll see if it's true. I certainly cant see him starting with Rooney. Ferguson all out of ideas and options tbh

It's hardly panic buying, still a whole month left and no doubt from that Ronaldo money he has agents on the phone to him every other minute.

Owen got 19 premiership goals once upon a time. Clearly Ferguson with his giant ego believing he can get Owen back to that.

Laughable if he gives Owen a contract after offloading Ruud Van Nistelrooj 2 years back. A player basically ten times better than Owen and a better goalscorer to boot

lol, so what happened to 'No top 4 club will ever want him' and that he is 'finished' then huh?  The best team in the land wanting the guy on those kinds of wages.. i wonder why?  Maybe because despite the shit he served us with horrible work rate, we didn't create the guy anything.  Lets see how many he gets next season. 

Not at all. I'm sure any of the top 4 clubs would be interested in signing Owen for free, but only as backup. He might be fragile, but that's not a problem if you only want to play him in emergencies, and he certainly has the experience at all levels. I figured they'd offer him much lower wages than clubs lower down the table, however, and that Owen would refuse.

Owen got 19 premiership goals once upon a time. Clearly Ferguson with his giant ego believing he can get Owen back to that.

Laughable if he gives Owen a contract after offloading Ruud Van Nistelrooj 2 years back. A player basically ten times better than Owen and a better goalscorer to boot

Despite the utter shit we all saw from Owen last season, when it came to shots to goals he was leading the PL conversion rates, Man Utd create like 20 chances a game?  I can see why they would sign him up, he's not dynamic, but can be useful.

lol, so what happened to 'No top 4 club will ever want him' and that he is 'finished' then huh?  The best team in the land wanting the guy on those kinds of wages.. i wonder why?  Maybe because despite the s*** he served us with horrible work rate, we didn't create the guy anything.  Lets see how many he gets next season. 

Not at all. I'm sure any of the top 4 clubs would be interested in signing Owen for free, but only as backup. He might be fragile, but that's not a problem if you only want to play him in emergencies, and he certainly has the experience at all levels. I figured they'd offer him much lower wages than clubs lower down the table, however, and that Owen would refuse.

Huh, i agree he wont be a starter or at least shouldn't be.  What you wrote about wages is what I don't particularly agree with..  if he moves to Man Utd he wouldn't want to be on the bench and being paid less then going somewhere he will play and pay more

Exactly - Tevez is the sort of player that can get you out of your seat, a fast footed SKILLFUL player that can make something out of nothing.  Owen is a one dimensional poacher that relies on everyone else to do the leg work, while he takes the glory.  If the ManUre fans are slagging off Berbatov now, just wait to see how they react to this c***.

tbh this is the sort of player manu need off the bench. They never replaced their other cunt solskjaer

Well fuck, I guess someone will go for him.  Will admit I didn't consider the goal hanger angle, but I suppose it makes sense. 

With Ronaldo leaving they may need to rely on someone for the last 20 or 30 minutes of target practice to pick up a goal, and he has a knack for being in the right spot.  Breaking down teams parking the bus doesn't require the things he's missing anymore.