Sam Allardyce signs 3-year contract with Blackburn Rovers

Optimistic Nut

Allardyce will do well at Blackburn, at least in the short term. He may have flopped massively with us, but early on we got some good results under him.

All depends if the players there want to play for him.

Which results?  Even early on we weren't doing particularly well under Allardyce.  I can remember maybe 2 or 3 good results, the rest were average to diabolical.

We were unbeaten at home until November, that's pretty good going if you ask me. Infact we had 5 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats in the premier league. It wasn't until Portsmouth at home that the wheels came off for us really. Like I said, early on we were getting decent results.

This is exactly what the press were saying at the time, problem is it ignored the fact that we'd had an incredibly easy start to the season.

If we had Cruz we really wouldn't need Viduka, not for the wages he's on.

I'd like to see Barton get a chance, gutted for his injury, but if he's somewhere else he's someone else's problem.

Yeah, that's my view on it. Plus I reckon it'd be a lot cheaper to buy a better midfielder than Barton, than it is to buy a better striker then Santa Cruz...not that we'd sign him anyway of course.

If we had Cruz we really wouldn't need Viduka, not for the wages he's on.

I'd like to see Barton get a chance, gutted for his injury, but if he's somewhere else he's someone else's problem.

Yeah, that's my view on it. Plus I reckon it'd be a lot cheaper to buy a better midfielder than Barton, than it is to buy a better striker then Santa Cruz...not that we'd sign him anyway of course.

Aye, all pie in the sky really, but nice thoughts to keep me ticking through the day. :)

Allardyce will do well at Blackburn, at least in the short term. He may have flopped massively with us, but early on we got some good results under him.

Which results?  Even early on we weren't doing particularly well under Allardyce.  I can remember maybe 2 or 3 good results, the rest were average to diabolical.

We were unbeaten at home until November, that's pretty good going if you ask me. Infact we had 5 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats in the premier league. It wasn't until Portsmouth at home that the wheels came off for us really. Like I said, early on we were getting decent results.

This is exactly what the press were saying at the time, completely ignoring the fact that we'd had an incredibly easy start to the season.

I'm not ignoring the fact that it was an easier start to the season than most, if not every other team. All I'm saying is that for the first few months we were getting results against teams that we'd expect to get results off, with only 1 major blip - that being Derby. It's not like we're the only team to ever lose to a team much worse than our own on paper.

My argument was that we were doing good at the start of Allardyce's campaign and it wasn't all terrible results and performances like some people make out. I'm glad he was sacked as I never really wanted him here in the first place, but I'm willing to recognise that for a short amount of time we were getting results and things didn't look all bad.

I can't wait for Blackburn away now.

Same.  It was already my favourite away match to go to.

You could just go to Blyth at home in the FA Cup 3rd round - one of Big Sams first few games in charge!!!

And why would I want to go to Blyth? :lol:

Very, very relieved.

I was dreading him getting the Sunderland job where he had the ideal players for his setup and the club wouldn't have to sell, but indeed are even willing to spend more money.

Blackburn is going to be bloody tough. Santa Cruz is pretty much gone to City already, and other than him they have nothing.

January is a very difficult period to purchase players too and he will need a hell of a lot of players.

Very tough gig. Hope he tanks it.

This is exactly what the press were saying at the time, completely ignoring the fact that we'd had an incredibly easy start to the season.

I'm not ignoring the fact that it was an easier start to the season than most, if not every other team. All I'm saying is that for the first few months we were getting results against teams that we'd expect to get results off, with only 1 major blip - that being Derby. It's not like we're the only team to ever lose to a team much worse than our own on paper.

My argument was that we were doing good at the start of Allardyce's campaign and it wasn't all terrible results and performances like some people make out. I'm glad he was sacked as I never really wanted him here in the first place, but I'm willing to recognise that for a short amount of time we were getting results and things didn't look all bad.

Ok fair enough we did ok in our first 9 or 10 games result wise.  But I was never truly happy with the results overall even back then.

slightly worried now. i dont think we'll go down but this has increased our chances a little bit.

As long as we sort our own house out in Jan, then i'm not.

He's only a danger to us if we do nothing in the Jan window.

I reckon more bad times are to come for BB, their fans are as fickle as they come and when the lose in boring style they'll turn or as usual barely show up. Their best players want out and why not, its a dive of a club punching above its weight.

slightly worried now. i dont think we'll go down but this has increased our chances a little bit.

Do you really think Allardyce is the kind of manager who can come into a club in trouble and adapt himself quickly to the players he has to keep them up though?  He was good with Bolton given years to find the right players for his style but he showed here that he can't adapt at all.  He can only play one way and if the players don't fit his style they're fucked.