Fat Ash - "Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe"

David Icke - Son of God

Playing the jolly santa and praising Kinnear while clearing the way to sell Owen.

I don't think he is clearing the way to sell Owen.  I think in those quotes he's just trying to emphasise that despite him being a billionaire, he is not of the calibre of Abu Dhabi and we should have realised that from the start.

Playing the jolly santa and praising Kinnear while clearing the way to sell Owen.

I don't think he is clearing the way to sell Owen.  I think in those quotes he's just trying to emphasise that despite him being a billionaire, he is not of the calibre of Abu Dhabi and we should have realised that from the start.

It was clear from very early on that that was the case - despite him saying it I don't think many people really expected Chelsea/Man City level spending - a bit yes but nothing daft.

The bit about "I can't stop him going to Man City" while very true is telling imo.

It was clear from very early on that that was the case - despite him saying it I don't think many people really expected Chelsea/Man City level spending - a bit yes but nothing daft.

The bit about "I can't stop him going to Man City" while very true is telling imo.

I wouldn't say so, he's just trying to brace the fans to prevent a backlash.  If he goes even if they offer him 200k per week, alot of our fans will not understand the differing levels of wealth and come out with

"Where's the money Ashley, BOYGOUTT, I'll kill you and your family Ashley, Wise has been spending the money on hobgoblins like Xisco, Die Wise, Die Ashley, etc"

We've offered him 90k a week thers nowt more Ashley can do, he's fucked up in the past and he's probably just trying to stop another massive backlash in case he does go as I now believe he wants to stay and wants to take the sting out of the fans reactions to certain things.  I expect we'll see alot more statements like this over the coming months.

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the f***ing irony. :lol:

Some seriously f***ed up logic on here.

The logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol:

if there is a difference it is that NUSC is a small, newly formed amatuer supporters group which is still finding its feet, while ashley is a professional businessman who owns our club. so you have to hold him to higher standards. are you suggesting that it is the opposite and we're supposed to cut ashley slack for the same faults? if there's anyone out there who pans NUSC for being unprofessional and making jokes and doesnt do the same for ashley (if these quotes are real), then they have an agenda.

if there is anyone out there who never believes Sun's football related news but suddenly believes that it is a Gospel of Truth when the news can be used to hit Ashley, then they have an agenda

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the fucking irony. :lol:

Some seriously fucked up logic on here.

T

he logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol:

if there is a difference it is that NUSC is a small, newly formed amatuer supporters group which is still finding its feet, while ashley is a professional businessman who owns our club. so you have to hold him to higher standards. are you suggesting that it is the opposite and we're supposed to cut ashley slack for the same faults? if there's anyone out there who pans NUSC for being unprofessional and making jokes and doesnt do the same for ashley (if these quotes are real), then they have an agenda.

Ashley's remark was a light-hearted throw away comment. If NUSC comments are also light-hearted and not meant to be taken seriously then you have a point. Is it all a big joke then?

If this quote is genuine, Ashley has just proved that he knows as much about Football and managers as he does about investing.....how much did he lose again, in the Bradford/Bingley gamble ?? Oh Yes - it was 100m... just chicken-feed !!!

Best comment about managers since Harold Thompson of the FA said that the reason they appointed Ron Greenwood as England manager instead of Brian Clough was because ; 'he's a jolly nice man..!!''

And people wonder why England haven't been a power in the game since 1973....Could this be a sign for the future of NUFC..!??

quite a bit of irrelevant dog poop in that post. well done :thup:

The logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol:

if there is anyone out there who never believes Sun's football related news but suddenly believes that it is a Gospel of Truth when the news can be used to hit Ashley, then they have an agenda

Ashley's remark was a light-hearted throw away comment. If NUSC comments are also light-hearted and not meant to be taken seriously then you have a point. Is it all a big joke then?

Alpal, i said if true. these are direct and extended quotes so i would imagine they are for real.

Tron, Not all of ashley's remarks are light hearted fun, but even when he's trying to make serious points he reverts to this sort of approach, which simply adds to the layers of confusion. The nature of his, and some of the club's, sporadic announcements are quite farcical and unprofessional, so i'll criticise him and them for that. We all criticised Shepherd when he made stupid announcements so i'll hold Ashley to the same standards. Had Shepherd announced that he thought Souness was better than Lippi people would've crucified him for it!

And I've done the same in criticising the NUSC's poorly prepared press releases. The difference is that NUSC are of little importance to me and as a newly formed amatuer org ill cut them some slack. Ashley on the other hand owns our club and has a lot to make up for. With our peculiar situation, i dont think it is a great time to be making these sorts of statements, though i'm not going to pan him for what is just a joke.

I'm not personally bothered by Ashley's Capello comment, just as i'm not bothered about NUSC's christmas poem. My main point is this -  it will be interesting to see if those who outright condemned NUSC for a bit of light-hearted fun will outright condemn Ashley for it too. (i doubt it)

And speaking on the glowing reference from Ashley comparing him with the England boss, JK joked: "I already knew that!

"I saw the article and was surprised in many ways it makes a change from the normal ones, it is Christmas."

Arf!  :laugh:

So Joe Kinnear thinks he's a better manager than Capello too?!?1!

OMG.

Clearly a piss take aimed as much at the media as anything else.  Anyone taking them seriously has issues ...or agendas.

spot on! Why can't people just listen to or read the stuff, and just shrug it off? It's not like Ashley's quotes in a tabloid are going to make the world of a difference with regards to.....anything really! What's important now is that the club is a) in the PL next season, and b) is sold to ambitious owners as soon as possible. The he said/she said bullshit is exactly that. Bullshit. Walk it off people!

How come no-one aside from one or two have actually managed to note and talk about the rest of what he said, which by all means makes the situation a little clearer?

You get some (albeit vague) answers to a couple of the questions we've been asking, and some of you lot instead moan about the little throwaway comment. It's almost as if you're looking for the bad stuff.

How come no-one aside from one or two have actually managed to note and talk about the rest of what he said, which by all means makes the situation a little clearer?

You get some (albeit vague) answers to a couple of the questions we've been asking, and some of you lot instead moan about the little throwaway comment. It's almost as if you're looking for the bad stuff.

Surely not!

JOE KINNEAR has been hailed as “better than Fabio Capello” by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

In Ashley’s eyes Kinnear has proved to be no ordinary Joe after he brought him in from the managerial wilderness to become temporary boss three months ago.

The appointment was widely ridiculed but Kinnear has imposed his authority and is now being compared to England boss Capello.

He masterminded a 3-0 thrashing of Portsmouth at Fratton Park last weekend which pulled Newcastle clear of the Premier League relegation zone.

Ashley, who turned to Kinnear after Kevin Keegan quit and Terry Venables rejected the chance to stand in, boldly predicted: “We will stay up. Yes, definitely.

“Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

Ashley still intends to sell Newcastle but, in troubled economic times, he cannot find a buyer prepared to pay £250million.

In the meantime Kinnear wants to dabble in the January transfer market and bring in the type of recruits which will ensure Newcastle’s survival and make Ashley’s club more attractive to prospective purchasers.

Keegan’s main reason for leaving was that Ashley’s sidekicks Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez dictated transfer policy.

But Ashley has promised there will be no such interference with Kinnear, who is in charge until the end of the season.

Ashley said: “It is up to Joe, we have signed him, it’s up to him. I’ve definitely got some money although whether I will give it to him or not is another question! Joe realises that Newcastle don’t have a bottomless pit of money so he will be very careful with what he does.

“If it’s a player that costs £30m then I can absolutely say ‘I don’t think so’.

“But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer’s yes.”

Ashley released a lengthy statement three months ago when he put the club up for sale.

He added: “The situation over the sale of the club has not changed. It’s still a reality, it is still for sale.”

Source: The Sun.

Seems to contradict each other. I tend to believe the quote. I think the sun probably added the first bit highlighted, because if there is no interference then Keegan could come back.

JOE KINNEAR has been hailed as “better than Fabio Capello” by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

In Ashley’s eyes Kinnear has proved to be no ordinary Joe after he brought him in from the managerial wilderness to become temporary boss three months ago.

The appointment was widely ridiculed but Kinnear has imposed his authority and is now being compared to England boss Capello.

He masterminded a 3-0 thrashing of Portsmouth at Fratton Park last weekend which pulled Newcastle clear of the Premier League relegation zone.

Ashley, who turned to Kinnear after Kevin Keegan quit and Terry Venables rejected the chance to stand in, boldly predicted: “We will stay up. Yes, definitely.

“Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

Ashley still intends to sell Newcastle but, in troubled economic times, he cannot find a buyer prepared to pay £250million.

In the meantime Kinnear wants to dabble in the January transfer market and bring in the type of recruits which will ensure Newcastle’s survival and make Ashley’s club more attractive to prospective purchasers.

Keegan’s main reason for leaving was that Ashley’s sidekicks Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez dictated transfer policy.

But Ashley has promised there will be no such interference with Kinnear, who is in charge until the end of the season.

Ashley said: “It is up to Joe, we have signed him, it’s up to him. I’ve definitely got some money although whether I will give it to him or not is another question! Joe realises that Newcastle don’t have a bottomless pit of money so he will be very careful with what he does.

“If it’s a player that costs £30m then I can absolutely say ‘I don’t think so’.

“But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer’s yes.”

Ashley released a lengthy statement three months ago when he put the club up for sale.

He added: “The situation over the sale of the club has not changed. It’s still a reality, it is still for sale.”

Source: The Sun.

Seems to contradict each other. I tend to believe the quote. I think the sun probably added the first bit highlighted, because if there is no interference then Keegan could come back.

it's a question of what is classed as interfeerence. for example west ham.if the press are to be believed are willing to cash in on dean ashton for around £15mill. if a manager wants to buy him but the clubs board thinks it is too much for a player with his injury record etc......is that "interference" ?

if rochdales manager wants to buy christiano ronaldo but his board says we can't afford him..is that interference ?

if for example  david moyes wants to bid £15mill for terry henry and his board don't want to spend that much on someone that old but are willing to sanction a larger bid for carlos tevez..is that interference ?

It would surprise me greatly if those quotes were real. Unfortunately this board is full of 16 year old idiots (decky) who will take everything put before them as vertabim.

Funny that, given the way you behave on here, you would swear you were the 16 year old idiot. Call me some more names though, make yourself feel good.

Alpal, i said if true. these are direct and extended quotes so i would imagine they are for real.

Come on, how many times have we seen the Sun coming out with rubbish 'direct and extended quotes'....there's a reason why people call the Sun a cheap tabloid. My point remains, that you seem willing to give more credibility to this particular news compared to previously because it can be used to attack Ashley. In my view your justification is post conclusion. You decided the conclusion first (to accept the news) before justifying it by saying that they are "direct and extended quotes". I honestly can't remember ever using news from the Sun to attack anybody, not even Freddie.

Of course with the "if it's true" disclaimer (which I missed), then I agree with your point to a large extent.