Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Guest The German

Now another win against Wigan and a draw with Liverpool probably can bring us back to top half!  What a turnaround!

Aye aye not to fast my friend. Still only 4 points to relegation place. But also only 5 to europe  :celb: :celb:

Bassong was a brilliant signing, we all agree about that.

But lets slow down a little. He's not been here for half a season.

And comparing him to Shearer :nope:

Maybe when hes our captain and the big clubs are after him.

But a brilliant win and he & zoggy were class!  :celb:

Yet again, another solid display, really pleased with the way things are going at the moment, Think Kinnear has realised his strongest side and whilst his sub was a little late it was still a good one so credit to him for looking to take the game whilst others may have sen the dangers that spurs we creating a little too clearly.

Another solid display at the back, Bassong  in particular was very good, Gutrie had aquite game today but was still solid, Butt played well today but special mention to Zog, i think for the first time in a long time he's enjoying playing the the club and further more he workedfor the team today, noticed a few times that he drifted"into the hole" whether that was his own doing of Kinnear is one thing but he found himself in good posiitons a few times, pleasing stuff. Maybe not as penetrative as he could of been with his runs but still good. Is obviously enjoying the company of Bassong and that can only be a good thing.

Up front we were ok, Viduka i thought was ok, regained possession quite well but was feeding off relative scraps for most of the game, Owen was quiet today.

This team is well capable of finishing in the top8, thats the first time in the past 4 years ive said that and actually felt thouroughly confident, we're finally becoming a difficult team to beat, not letting our heads drop like we have done in the past.

Credit where credits due ;)

It's so great to see Zoggy so happy. With the current mood he is in he can really begin to hit the heights again.

I reckon he has found a big pal in Bassong and the fact they have both broken into the team and are holding onto their places really seems to be spurring both of them on.

Excellent stuff.

We deserved it, I thought we were the better team up until they scored and they were on top up until half time, the second half we were on top pretty much all of it.

Apart from the backheel I thought Viduka was non existent as was Ameobi when he was on the pitch, with no Martins on the pitch it's Owen who has to go out wide which isn't where we want him, he should have put the chance away that he had but luckily it didn't cost us in the end.

N'Zogbia was quality, as was Enrique apart from playing Modric onside for their goal, he handled the pace of Lennon really well and surprised me how quick he was.

We deserved it, I thought we were the better team up until they scored and they were on top up until half time, the second half we were on top pretty much all of it.

Apart from the backheel I thought Viduka was non existent as was Ameobi when he was on the pitch, with no Martins on the pitch it's Owen who has to go out wide which isn't where we want him, he should have put the chance away that he had but luckily it didn't cost us in the end.

N'Zogbia was quality, as was Enrique apart from playing Modric onside for their goal, he handled the pace of Lennon really well and surprised me how quick he was.

Martins is a big miss when he's out, makes a big difference to how both teams can play. That's not to say he isn't occasionally utter turd btw, he's just a huge player for us.

zoggy showed today why he is class and much better than duff. he tries to beat his man and put in some fantastic crosses from out wide and the BYLINE today. So crucial for a winger to try and get to the byline. fnatastic display from him.

Guest LucaAltieri

zoggy showed today why he is class and much better than duff. he tries to beat his man and put in some fantastic crosses from out wide and the BYLINE today. So crucial for a winger to try and get to the byline. fnatastic display from him.

Aye, off the top of my head I can remember 3 occasions he got in behind the defence and we should have had someone on the end of his cross.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Get the fuck in!!!

Left it late but credit JK for the attack minded substitution  O0 Jonas is our heartbeat and Bassing is our rock.. We did really well today, let in a soft goal bgut I will forgive them that. :lol:

upto 12th COME ON!!!!

Zog is a class player when he is on his game, still gives the ball away a bit too much by overrunning it and trying to do too much. Not entirely his fault though as he often gets left with little support.

Glad he had a quality game today, if we could get him back to his old best and even improve on that we have a cracking player in the squad.

Good result, was worried when we took an early lead and again when they equalised that it was going to be one of those days, and my Grandad was mocking my doom and gloom, but glad I was wrong.

This post tickled me:

Enrique off, fucking hell. I smell disaster.

:lol: