The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Think Redknapp did a good job at Spurs, but a list of his expenditure would be intresting. He's always had a very generous budget there. If were going to be harsh then the top 4 should be expected. That said, did well to get in that spot twice given the apparent strength of the other sides.

Knocking AC out the champions league is not easy either.

Did no better than Jol ever did, just got flukey that the top four opened up with Liverpool falling away.

That's nonsense and you know it.  Like saying we were flukey to finish 5th.

How is it nonsense? We improved massively last season, Spurs improved barely from Jol's tenure if anything at all.

2 4th place finishes in 3 years, they didn't manage any under Jol.  Not to mention the position they were in when he took over from Ramos and transformed them.

To say Redknapp has done anything other than an excellent job is daft imo.

Guest neesy111

Ian Dennis ‏@Iandennisbbc

Harry Redknapp has left Spurs ‪#bbcfootball‬

10:55 PM - 13 Jun 12

zzzzzzzzz

The top four was an extreme closed shop for 4 or 5 years. Jol managed to finish 5th two season in a row (one year being extremely unlucky on the final day with half the squad coming down with food poisoning). His net spend during that time was £6 million in '06, £6 million in '05 and £13 million in '04.

Then when they stepped their spending up a notch (£40 million in 07) he was given the boot after 2 games of the season. They had Ramos for a year then spent another £40 million in the summer of 08. Redknapp came in and steadied the ship but essentially took over a much improved side from Jol and finished 1 place higher, helped out by Liverpool having an abysmal season compared to the previous 5 years.

Not massive progress at all and certainly not done a better job. He's just lucky that that Ramos in between makes him look like he turned round a terrible team when it was anything but.

Guest neesy111

I'm not surprised he's outraged at suggestions of his quitting last night. Fucking disgusting claims.

The more you think about it, it was a ploy to make the odd's go higher so people could profit from it (conspiracy theory).....

I'm not surprised he's outraged at suggestions of his quitting last night. Fucking disgusting claims.

The more you think about it, it was a ploy to make the odd's go higher so people could profit from it (conspiracy theory).....

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. :thup:

How dare you people suggest he would walk out on

a multi-million pound pay-off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

zzzzzzzzz

:)

I think it's insane to get rid of him personally. Ultimately they enjoyed some very good finishes with him at the helm, and IMO  replacing him will inevitably result in another failure ala Ramos.

zzzzzzzzz

It's what is known as a reputable source you utter bore.

Guest neesy111

zzzzzzzzz

It's what is known as a reputable source you utter bore.

You think my source tonight was from twitter.....

:yao:

I think it's insane to get rid of him personally. Ultimately they enjoyed some very good finishes with him at the helm, and IMO  replacing him will inevitably result in another failure ala Ramos.

In normal circumstances I'd be inclined to agree but I think there's clearly been bad feeling there since the England business and once the relationship between manager and board is weakened like that then it's usually only going one way.  If that relationship is tense and the trust on either side has been compromised then it's probably wise from Spurs' point of view to cut their losses at this point, especially when Redknapp was angling for a significantly longer contract.

I am slightly nervous about Pardew tbh, not gonna lie. And I'm even willing to accept reassurance from Martin Jol....

If Martin Jol confirms they're not interested I'll shit myself tbh.

Can't decide. Feel like either way they're going to suffer. If he didn't walk out, I think he was beginning to make his position untenable. As far as he was concerned he was already gone at the end of the season. Don't think he'd have anywhere near the authority he'd had previously among the players and the club in general. But as you say, they could easily go out and get someone that could ruin what is a very promising team. If I were them I'd probably have taken that risk too, tbh. :dontknow: