West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm willing to bet he'll break down in 5 mins given englands track record of having a clue about player fitness

I don't think he's the type of player who would break down and go off tbh. Which is a positive thing in many respects, but not if pride makes the injury worse...

1810: BREAKING ENGLAND NEWS

Andy Carroll has passed a late fitness test and will start against France at Wembley tonight, making his England debut, reports Five Live's Ian Dennis.

EVERYBODY FREAK THE f*** OUT!

Really good news i think. A few days ago we thought he would be out for a few weeks. 

'Late fitness test' - can't believe that. What is that tonight? A world cup semi-finale? Or at least a qualifier? No, it's a fucking friendly, he shouldn't be involved if he's not 100 % fit.

I agree with that. There are going to be plenty more opportunities before the next qualifiers too.

1810: BREAKING ENGLAND NEWS

Andy Carroll has passed a late fitness test and will start against France at Wembley tonight, making his England debut, reports Five Live's Ian Dennis.

EVERYBODY FREAK THE FUCK OUT!

:frantic:

The thing is: I'm sure Derek Wright who is our physio is also your NT's physio. If Carroll gets injured on his watch then he should be sacked the moment he gets back to Newcastle.

Carroll should also realise that he'll have plenty more opportunities to play for England. He doesn't have to be Superman and play in a fucking friendly today to prove how committed to the cause he is. Let's be honest, you're not exactly loaded up front so he'll get his chance sooner rather than later and there's still two years until the Euros for him to earn his place up front.

Derek Wright only works with the under 21s iirc.

I am pretty sure Gary Lewin (Arsenal Physio) is the national teams.

The thing is: I'm sure Derek Wright who is our physio is also your NT's physio. If Carroll gets injured on his watch then he should be sacked the moment he gets back to Newcastle.

Carroll should also realise that he'll have plenty more opportunities to play for England. He doesn't have to be Superman and play in a fucking friendly today to prove how committed to the cause he is. Let's be honest, you're not exactly loaded up front so he'll get his chance sooner rather than later and there's still two years until the Euros for him to earn his place up front.

Tbf, if you consider the amount of injuries Arsenal get, you have to question that.

Tbf, if you consider the amount of injuries Arsenal get, you have to question that.

Fair point - he seems to be well thought of but you'd think Robin the Rapist would be a full time job on his own.

I'd blame that more on strength and conditioning coaches tbh.

Southgate is typical of the media in this country. The glassing incident was almost a year ago and he's been punished for it, so why on earth shouldn't he play? The other thing with that slag is nothing more than an accusation at the minute, and the NOTW story was pure fiction.

Southgate is typical of the media in this country. The glassing incident was almost a year ago and he's been punished for it, so why on earth shouldn't he play? The other thing with that slag is nothing more than an accusation at the minute, and the NOTW story was pure fiction.

wonder what he thought of John Terry

Capello: "This is a big chance. To play with the senior side and to change his lifestyle. I hope he will understand what really happens when you play with the seniors. I have spoken to him about what he has to do during the game. I haven't spoken to him about his private life but I will. Everyone makes mistakes when they're young. He's 21. A lot of people drink, no? We have to help him but he has to understand he is in the senior team. There will be journalists, photographers, everyone focusing on him. Life will be different now. His behaviour has to be better. We decided it was not OK for him to stay with us for the Montenegro game because his behaviour was not OK. Now we have picked him because he can improve by staying with us. He has to be careful in every moment."

Guest Tall Striker

Southgate is one of the considerably better pundits out there and was massively hard done by at Boro. We could do worse than look at him for a number two.

Southgate is one of the considerably better pundits out there and was massively hard done by at Boro. We could do worse than look at him for a number two.

:lol: