West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1330034/Andy-Carroll-England-running-Fabio-Capello-gives-Newcastle-striker-time-recover.html

Andy Carroll still in England running as Fabio Capello gives Newcastle striker time to recover

By Matt Lawton

Chief Football Correspondent

Last updated at 11:28 PM on 15th November 2010

Andy Carroll was clinging to his dream of an England debut on Monday night.

The Newcastle striker is being given every chance by England boss Fabio Capello to recover from a groin problem that is threatening his participation in Wednesday night’s friendly against France at Wembley.

The 21-year-old, who picked up the injury in Newcastle’s 0-0 draw at Fulham on Saturday, had a scan on Monday afternoon and the decision was taken to keep him at the England team hotel in Watford in the hope he can take some part in training at Wembley this morning.

Cardiff City’s Jay Bothroyd is on standby to start if Carroll fails to pass what amounts to a late fitness test.

They fucking better not make it worse.

Guest Dr. Mambo

Fron The Sun website... http://goo.gl/fjzE8

KASABIAN star SERGE PIZZORNO reckons Newcastle bad boy ANDY CARROLL is the closest thing football has to a rock star.

The Leicester lord - who's a tidy striker himself - is a huge footie fan and isn't exactly shy about getting stuck into a wild night out.

But when it comes to the true hell-raising spirit, the guitarist and songwriter reckons most Premier League players have a long way to go.

Serge said: "These boys can claim the money but they can't claim the attitude just yet. Footballers have definitely got rock stars' money now, but I couldn't name you one that's got any claim on spirit.

"Andy Carroll has the hair and he definitely likes a drink. He kind of looks a bit BLACK SABBATH."

KASABIAN star SERGE PIZZORNO reckons Newcastle bad boy ANDY CARROLL is the closest thing football has to a rock star.

The Leicester lord - who's a tidy striker himself - is a huge footie fan and isn't exactly shy about getting stuck into a wild night out.

But when it comes to the true hell-raising spirit, the guitarist and songwriter reckons most Premier League players have a long way to go.

Serge said: "These boys can claim the money but they can't claim the attitude just yet. Footballers have definitely got rock stars' money now, but I couldn't name you one that's got any claim on spirit.

"Andy Carroll has the hair and he definitely likes a drink. He kind of looks a bit BLACK SABBATH."

does he fuck?! where's his big iommi/butler tash? and he looks nowt like ozzy

although if he did have a big tash he might look more like kilcline

I think you need to keep your slightly volatile centre forward on side. If his dream is to play for England, and you go 'nah, sorry. You're not going' he could flip. Probably end up glassing Hughton :lol:

Guest Stephen927

I think you need to keep your slightly volatile centre forward on side. If his dream is to play for England, and you go 'nah, sorry. You're not going' he could flip. Probably end up glassing Hughton :lol:

:thup:

As much as I'd rather we could save him for Bolton it would be cruel to deny him his first England cap. We have to get used to the fact that we actually have one of England's most promising young players for once and this comes with the territory.

f*** sake he will probably break down during the game and be out for about 6 weeks knowing our luck. If he was doubtful but yet still plays, im guessing this means he needs a break at the weekend?

i went for 6 weeks out in the england thread.