West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

Go support City then.

Guess, you didn't support or know about what selling your best players did in the 80's then.  Pushed us to the brink of the 3rd tier of English football.

Eh?

I'll be supporting Newcastle long after Carroll retires. Can't stand muppets talking about giving up on the club because we've been offered an incredible fee for a striker.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

Go support City then.

That's exactly the kind of ill-educated tripe gets spewed out far too often around here.

"We're selling our best players, but f*** me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

This is Newcastle United.  We're not some team of village idiots.  We're supposedly a Premiership football team that wants to get back into Europe.  This is the wrong decision, at the wrong time.

Too many fair weather supporters these days.

I've followed Newcastle for years, and religiously attended in the Championship, after countless sackings and sales.

Here I am.

Yeah, I'm a fair-weather fan. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like shit?

Go support City then.

Guess, you didn't support or know about what selling your best players did in the 80's then.  Pushed us to the brink of the 3rd tier of English football.

Eh?

I'll be supporting Newcastle long after Carroll retires. Can't stand muppets talking about giving up on the club because we've been offered an incredible fee for a striker.

Go support City then.

That's exactly the kind of ill-educated tripe gets spewed out far too often around here.

"We're selling our best players, but fuck me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

This is Newcastle United.  We're not some team of village idiots.  We're supposedly a Premiership football team that wants to get back into Europe.  This is the wrong decision, at the wrong time.

Bollocks total bollocks.

It's fans like you criticising others, who are fucking wankers in it all.

So, Sky Sports Understands....If a bit of 35m comes in it may be accepted.

No sources or nout though?

The silly cunt is going on David Craig who actually said the opposite in his report.  He said no price was put out by Newcastle and just said he thought any offer would have to be "significantly north of £30m for Newcastle to even consider it".

Go support City then.

Eh?

Go support City then.

"We're selling our best players, but f*** me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

Bollocks total bollocks.

It's fans like you criticising others, who are f***ing wankers in it all.

Absolutely with neesy on this one.

Guest Stephen927

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like shit?

Go support City then.

Eh?

Go support City then.

"We're selling our best players, but fuck me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

Bollocks total bollocks.

It's fans like you criticising others, who are fucking wankers in it all.

I'm criticising a fan who is going to stop supporting the club cos of the sale of one player. Too right I am.

Guest johnson293

If we are gonna sell him this window, which I hope we dont, I'd rather we stuck out for £40m.

I just hope the £35m hasn't been accepted yet.

Wonder could Carroll throw a spanner in, and not agree terms/refuse to move though?

So, Sky Sports Understands....If a bit of 35m comes in it may be accepted.

No sources or nout though?

This, he said all the noises are they won't sell as well. Sky are fucking cunts man

The silly c*** is going on David Craig who actually said the opposite in his report.  He said no price was put out by Newcastle and just said he thought any offer would have to be "significantly north of £30m for Newcastle to even consider it".

A source close to the player said to the Chronicle today: “He’s in Newcastle and he’s going to be at the training ground today.

“That should tell you everything you need to know about whether he’s staying or going.

“He’s tired of saying how much he wants to stay.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/31/andy-carroll-says-he-wants-to-stay-at-nufc-72703-28085042/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1CcvUZcd9

Anything can happen, but SSN can get to fuck and this day can't end sooner. 

If we are gonna sell him this window, which I hope we dont, I'd rather we stuck out for £40m.

I just hope the £35m hasn't been accepted yet.

Wonder could Carroll throw a spanner in, and not agree terms/refuse to move though?

haha of course he can.

Go support City then.

Eh?

Go support City then.

Bollocks total bollocks.

I'm criticising a fan who is going to stop supporting the club cos of the sale of one player. Too right I am.

I'm a fan who is always going to support Newcastle United's players on the pitch.  But I will cease to actively support Mike Ashley's reign at this club.

And if you think it's just cause of Andy Carroll being sold, you need to go get a full medical examination and your memory checked.

deny it all we want, £35m has been offered and we'll clearly accept it. our only hope is carroll rejecting but can't see that happening, really. it feels like Sky are forcing us to sell.....

How will we clearly accept it? We rejected £30m, but we'll 'clearly accept' £35m?

Hopefully the rejection was because he isn't for sale, rather than the start of a bidding process.

I would be gutted if we sold Carroll, some things are about more than money.

This is the direction Mike Ashley is taking our club. Yet so few want to make a stand.

Pathetic.

what direction? He just rejected a 30M bid. You seemed to have made your mind up...that's pathetic

You'll be eating your words if we go down.

Well if we go down because Mike sold Carroll and did not replace him, then I'll blame him. Till then, I'll reserve my judgment, thank you

Go support City then.

Eh?

Go support City then.

Bollocks total bollocks.

:thup:

Andy Carroll is worth more to Newcastle than any other club, getting 35M as some have said COULD buy some top players, but the transfer market is extremely hit and miss and even if all the money is reinvested (which is very very very very unlikely) 35M only represents maybe 20odd million of true value (or less maybe) as bought assets. The thing with this deal is the two options, sell or hold, lead us down to drastically different paths, and whilst selling provides a great monetary short term gain, it also means a striker crisis lets face it, and a lack of ambition. Not selling has so many positives, you rarely get a situation like this where doing nothing, saying no, leads to such a positive..

Go support City then.

And in the 90s it almost led us to winning the league...