West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newcastle statement:

A British record transfer fee has been agreed between Newcastle United and Liverpool for Magpies striker Andy Carroll.

The 22-year-old England international has this afternoon handed in a transfer request, which has reluctantly been accepted by the club, and Carroll is currently in talks with The Reds over a move to Anfield.

Guest neesy111

How people can blame Ashley is beyond me. Unless he waved a gun at Carroll's head then there was no reason for the greasy haired little cunt to hand in a transfer request.

Exactly.

I can understand the conspiracy theories about Ashley. The man's a money-grabbing cunt who has no shame and doesn't give a fuck about this club.

Just don't think Carroll would accept a proposal to make himself look an utter bastard to pretty much everyone in Newcastle if he didn't want to. There are some things money can't buy, and love for a club and city is one of them. He's not exactly struggling to make a living is he?

What a pile of wank.

Why the hell would Carroll agree to being made out to be a dick, if all your conspiracies are right?

Why would he be willing to be made the bad guy?

Because he doesnt care? He is getting his wages trebled man, money talks these days in football.

The geordie f***ed us over, not the cockney.

Exactly. People refusing to open their eyes to the fact that we've been f***ed over by someone who 'loved the club'. Nope it's got to be Ashley :rolleyes:

It's both.

Indeed. Carroll is a twat for handing in a transfer request but he was going by the end of the day anyway, no doubt.

Don't be so fucking oblivous. This is the Mike Ashley Media Circus. AC9 would never have sent in a transfer request unless he knew that we wanted to accept a bid like this and MA probably asked him, so he could show that he rejected a bid and put the blame on Andy.

This shit is on MA, and for 35-40 mill, I actually dont blame the greedy fucker, the fat bastard cant handle it.

So Carroll agrees to make himself look the cunt because Ashley says so?  How is anyone this stupid?

Because he's no longer a Newcastle player.

What the fuck are you talking about?? :dowie:

Seriously people have lost their fucking minds.

The other thing to be weighed up is that there are lifestyle issues with Carroll which may block him from fulfilling his full potential. Liverpool are taking a risk because he's not yet a £35 million player.

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

We rejected an offer to get a better price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

And you're daft if you think Carroll would roll over and accept it. "Oh yeah, of course I'll make myself look like a dick Mike. See ya."

£3.5m lump sum +

Treble his ages +

Massive profile/exposure +

Agent Pressure.

= Morals out of the window

Why the hell would Carroll agree to being made out to be a dick, if all your conspiracies are right?

Why would he be willing to be made the bad guy?

Liverpool turned Carrolls head with far more money.

Ashley has made no attempt to match their valuation in terms of contract etc, as he wants the cash

Carroll is put into a position of turning down a massive pay increase

Carroll wants pay increase & is told by Ashley he has to put in a transfer request to achieve move

Andy Carroll does so.

Mike Ashley wins, Andy Carroll wins to an extent

Well that's it then. Would like to know the full tale of how this went down. Got a feeling we didn't get as much money as is report. I'm not buying the Carroll transfer request thing, I would imagine he would be giving up a sizable wedge if that happened. Although it would make sense as the "Loyality" bonus he would have been due, is now saved by NUFC so that means more of the transfer fee in Ashley's pocket.

Now we move on, how do we replace him, unfortunately I don't trust Pardew to do the right thing. Crouch will be here for a ridiculously high fee no doubt.

The other thing to be weighed up is that there are lifestyle issues with Carroll which may block him from fulfilling his full potential. Liverpool are taking a risk because he's not yet a £35 million player.

True.