West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool by my reckoning. He was 11 in 20 for us last season.

Yep.

2 vs City

1 vs Everton

1 vs WBA

1 vs Exeter

1 vs Oldham

One of those v City he knew nowt abot when the defender headed the ball against him and it rebounded in.  So technically 5 goals.

Really? Sounds like it should've been disallowed.

the 7th most expensive footballer of all times

:yao:

9th

http://www.sportszest.com/top-10-most-expensive-football-transfers/

Zlatan and Crespo's fees include the estimated value of the players exchanged with them, no? Thus not making the transfer fee "pure", meaning Carroll is in fact the 7th most expensive transfer up front just money?

Carroll's fee should include Torres's, as Chelsea bought him for us.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE.

the 7th most expensive footballer of all times

9th

http://www.sportszest.com/top-10-most-expensive-football-transfers/

Zlatan and Crespo's fees include the estimated value of the players exchanged with them, no? Thus not making the transfer fee "pure", meaning Carroll is in fact the 7th most expensive transfer up front just money?

Carroll's fee should include Torres's, as Chelsea bought him for us.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE.

The whole he didn't cost us anything he was minus £15m is ridiculously pathetic

I prefer to think of it as "we got Suarez for £7m plus Carroll to wash the kit."

In all honesty, we'd never have given you £35m if Chelsea hadn't effectively been picking up the bill.

Fantastic bit of business by Ashley. I bet he gave himself a big, fat pinch and did a little cum in his pants when we said yes.

If only Rafa had been given that kind of money. He bought his fair share of flops, but Dalglish makes him look like Wenger in the transfer market.

I prefer to think of it as "we got Suarez for £7m plus Carroll to wash the kit."

In all honesty, we'd never have given you £35m if Chelsea hadn't effectively been picking up the bill.

Fantastic bit of business by Ashley. I bet he gave himself a big, fat pinch and did a little cum in his pants when we said yes.

If only Rafa had been given that kind of money. He bought his fair share of flops, but Dalglish makes him look like Wenger in the transfer market.

So you wouldn't of thought Chelsea are over paying for Torres but we value Carroll at say £20-25m & we don't want to be ripped off ourselves so we'll stick at our valuation?

Guest neesy111

Rafa's turnover of players was ridiculous.

He had to bear most of the blame, not for the departure, but for his progress at Liverpool.  I mean, seriously, the club paid 35m for you, everyone expect you to be a world-beater for that price tag.  What you MUST do is to abolish all your shit habits and training all your skills and physiques up like C Ronaldo (he is a model professional in this way). Yes Carroll is less talented, but at least you have to show your attitude by "giving something else" for the crowd to see and support you.  No one in the world could accept such a expensive buy performing even worse than before. No one.

So you wouldn't of thought Chelsea are over paying for Torres but we value Carroll at say £20-25m & we don't want to be ripped off ourselves so we'll stick at our valuation?

From what was said, I got the impression that we said to Chelsea that they can have Torres (who wanted out anyway) provided we get the replacements we want.

Dalglish and/or Comolli decided upon Carroll and asked Ashley how much he wanted. Ashley pulled a ridiculous figure out of his arse, and instead of trying to negotiate the price down to something reasonable, we just whacked the difference on Torres's price, rang Abramovich and he said yes. If he'd refused to go above £40m, we'd certainly have come back offering £25m.

I mean, £35m for Carroll was fucking ridiculous, but so was £50m for Torres. Perhaps not the Torres of 2007-2008, but certainly for the Torres they actually bought.

According to Werner, Carroll's actual ticket price was never a concern. He didn't care if we were overpaying for Carroll, as long as we weren't screwing up our squad and the bottom line was acceptable, and it was certainly worth paying £7m just to replace Torres with Suarez.

Whether our board actually considers Carroll to be £35m pissed into the wind is not clear, but it's certainly not the story they're telling. And the heaps of cash they've spunked on "potential", to put it kindly, more or less backs up the idea that they're not interested in getting value-for-money in the transfer market, but rather the bottom line vs return (i.e. points).

Personally, I see it as a massive waste of money. And it's not just Carroll we overpaid for.

From what was said, I got the impression that we said to Chelsea that they can have Torres (who wanted out anyway) provided we get the replacements we want.

Dalglish and/or Comolli decided upon Carroll and asked Ashley how much he wanted. Ashley pulled a ridiculous figure out of his arse, and instead of trying to negotiate the price down to something reasonable, we just whacked the difference on Torres's price, rang Abramovich and he said yes. If he'd refused to go above £40m, we'd certainly have come back offering £25m.

I mean, £35m for Carroll was fucking ridiculous, but so was £50m for Torres. Perhaps not the Torres of 2007-2008, but certainly for the Torres they actually bought.

According to Werner, Carroll's actual ticket price was never a concern. He didn't care if we were overpaying for Carroll, as long as we weren't screwing up our squad and the bottom line was acceptable, and it was certainly worth paying £7m just to replace Torres with Suarez.

Whether our board actually considers Carroll to be £35m pissed into the wind is not clear, but it's certainly not the story they're telling. And the heaps of cash they've spunked on "potential", to put it kindly, more or less backs up the idea that they're not interested in getting value-for-money in the transfer market, but rather the bottom line vs return (i.e. points).

Personally, I see it as a massive waste of money. And it's not just Carroll we overpaid for.

Torres was actually performing decently for you guys before you sold him though (well not performing decently, but still scoring) - so I have no doubt that if you still had Torres you'd be a better team for it than now.

Rafa's turnover of players was ridiculous.

It was.

Rafa's big problem was his obsession with the squad. He'd rather have two okay squad players than one solid first-teamer. What's more, he walked away from several deals (Alves and Simão spring immediately to mind) when the price was bumped by a couple of million at the last minute when it would have nevertheless still been a relative bargain. And instead he bought a couple of makeweights for his squad.

Torres was actually performing decently for you guys before you sold him though (well not performing decently, but still scoring) - so I have no doubt that if you still had Torres you'd be a better team for it than now.

Sure, but he wanted out.