West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

No worries about style of play or squad harmony?

Not really. As long Carroll wants to come back and is committed then I don't see any issues. To play far more games next season and to only have one style of football would be foolish. He'd be a good addition.

No he's not man. £15 million, fucking hell. Can't believe people actually endorsing spending that on him considering our budget and the positions we need to improve.

15m is probably over his true value when he was here anyway.

Really think some people have forgot how good he was for us.

Agreed. He was superb playing for his true team, but all the concern seems to be coming from whether A) He'd fit in with our style and B) If it would be wise to take that risk for most of our transfer budget.

Personally, I'll just be happy as any new signing if this comes off, and I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't.

I've not forgotten how good he was -  good but not as good as Ba, not as good as Cisse. Can only play down the middle, they're both ten times better at it. Simply not what we want or need and doesn't want to be here, despite whatever soundbites we get.

Agreed. He was superb playing for his true team, but all the concern seems to be coming from whether A) He'd fit in with our style and B) If it would be wise to take that risk for most of our transfer budget.

Personally, I'll just be happy as any new signing if this comes off, and I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't.

Aye, he was more than just a Peter Crouch type player for us imo.

We neeed MORE strikers, NOT replacing the few we already got :lol:

Coulden't agree more with you ATB, some above definately missing the point.

We need three good strikers anyway (plus Shola as well) and could yet easily lose at least one of Cisse  (big bid) or Ba (buyout clause) .  Which makes me think we should definately go for Carroll. Could be the best piece of business i've ever heard of in football to sell a player for £35m and buy back for £10m.

Still would prefer we went for Hoilett first. Just really want to see:  HBA  Cisse  Hoilett/Ba  as our front three. Carroll to come on off the bench if things aren't working or to rest one of those three once the game is won, when Cisse is injured away in the ACN.

Great if Carroll digs his heels in and says i'm going to Newcastle or no where and Rodgers just wants rid. They may have to offload to us for £10m or Carroll just picks up his huge wages. This is a very interesting situation for us.

No, most people are doing the exact opposite overplaying how good he was. However good he was he was never as good as either of our two strikers were last season. Watch his goals back without black and white specs on, how many of them are quality finishes in open play? Most of them are headers from set-pieces.

Now watch Cisse and Ba's goals from last season, compare and contrast. We got both of those two for less than £15 million people are endorsing for Carroll.

I was gutted to see him leave but that was more to do with the fact that he was a local lad and our only decent striker at the time, who also happened to be in good form.

We've got a couple of great strikers now and yes, we do need another but I really dont know what to think of this one. Heart says yes but head says no....

I've not forgotten how good he was -  good but not as good as Ba, not as good as Cisse. Can only play down the middle, they're both ten times better at it. Simply not what we want or need and doesn't want to be here, despite whatever soundbites we get.

Dont think that's true at all. Agree with everything else and wouldnt have him back myself. Move forward, not backwards please...

No, most people are doing the exact opposite overplaying how good he was. However good he was he was never as good as either of our two strikers were last season. Watch his goals back without black and white specs on, how many of them are quality finishes in open play? Most of them are headers from set-pieces.

Now watch Cisse and Ba's goals from last season, compare and contrast. We got both of those two for less than £15 million people are endorsing for Carroll.

3 good finishes against Villa

One good finish with his right foot against Bolton

Great long shot against Liverpool

5 is not bad.

The only one I remember being from a set-piece was the header against Man City.

EDIT: Now Arsenal.

I just can't believe it has come to this. I Mean that in a positive way. The rise in our futures over a year and a half is astounding.

For this deal to go ahead, someone needs to put their tail between their legs. Either that be AC or MA/DL. There is always going to be someone trying to save their skin, and reading numerous stories over why he left in the first place, is still under scrutiny.

I hope we get him back, is more humble, and begins were he left off. Proving to other current NUFC players that the grass isn't always greener. Talking about the Simpsons and the Dembas (Dembas agents) of this world.

5 is not bad.

Blackburn and Wolves.

5 is not bad.

]

Wasn't that quality header against Blackburn when we got beat 2-1 at home from a set piece.

90% of us were pissed off that we sold him for £35m man, if we get THAT player back then he's worth it and some.

:lol: haddawayandshite, man! :lol:

I don't think that's far from the truth. I was gutted until he started playing shite and our replacements were amazing.

5 is not bad.

Blackburn and Wolves.

So that's 4 headers from set-pieces against 5 from open play?

He got one header against WH but it wasn't a set-piece.

Guest BooBoo

To quibble over the quality of Carroll's goals for us is churlish. For the best part of a year, the lad was on fire. Not just his goals either, despite not getting a goal he took Sunderland apart in the 5-1.

5 is not bad.

Blackburn and Wolves.

Whatever it's not a spectacular array of goals. Makes it even more mental looking back that they paid £35 million based on that sample size.

5 is not bad.

Blackburn and Wolves.

Whatever it's not a spectacular array of goals. Makes it even more mental looking back that they paid £35 million based on that sample size.

So, that's not "most" of them.

And I don't think they're "spectacular" either. Just good finishes.

Newcastle’s initial offer, which was rejected, was actually closer to £13million despite reports of a lower offer.

:harry:

Could spend that money so much better....

Totally agree.

name names