West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swansea didn't get the ball forward quickly and kept it on the deck. It's the worst possible style for a striker like Carroll. Assuming Rodgers isn't going to adjust, all this talk about Carroll's talent is pure flannel.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says Liverpool must accept a significant loss if they are to sell Andy Carroll.

Liverpool turned down an initial bid by Newcastle to take the 23-year-old, who they sold to the Reds for £35m in January 2011, back to Tyneside on loan.

But Pardew told BBC Radio Newcastle: "[Reading chairman] John Madejski used to say to me about certain players, just wipe your nose and move on.

"And I think [Liverpool] are going to have to do that with Andy."

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is willing to accept offers of around £20m for the England striker.

And Pardew, who became Newcastle manager the month before Carroll's departure, believes that the striker was destined to Merseyside leave once Rodgers took over at Anfield.

"I think it was obvious that as soon as Brendan went into Liverpool that Andy's time was going to have to be somewhere else," said Pardew.

"I think it's quite right we're involved in that. Whether he comes here, is something that I will take or I will leave.

"It's a lot of money for Mike [Ashley, Newcastle owner], although we'll obviously be getting a big upside in terms of what we sold him for and we've got three great strikers here already.

"But of course as the manager I want the best players I can get."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18981850

Unsettling the player and ramping up the pressure on Liverpool to sell? However doing what we criticise other managers doing i.e. talking about a player through the media.

Unsettling the player and ramping up the pressure on Liverpool to sell?

Maybe in a business sense it's fine. But, I never really like it when managers talk about other players. We hate Redknapp for it and Rodgers for now chatting about it. Would seem pretty hypocritical if we liked it when Pards did it

Maybe in a business sense it's fine. But, I never really like it when managers talk about other players. We hate Redknapp for it and Rodgers for now chatting about it. Would seem pretty hypocritical if we liked it when Pards did it

Modified my post to state that afterwards.

Yeah.. but it's Liverpool.  So it's funny and endearing.

Guest Phil K

If it gets Carroll out of the Scouse chapter of the KKK, then I'm all for it.

Harsh, but the scousers self-obsession deserves such.

Interesting to hear that Pardew doesn't think Carroll can play in a passing oriented side.

We may be buying him so we hoof the ball high and long to him so half the stadium will look up and see those Sports Direct adverts that are often unseen when we pass it about. Yeah?

Interesting to hear that Pardew doesn't think Carroll can play in a passing oriented side.

We may be buying him so we hoof the ball high and long to him so half the stadium will look up and see those Sports Direct adverts that are often unseen when we pass it about. Yeah?

Would you rather we played like Swansea?

:lol: What kind of question is that? Of course I would., I'd rather play like swansea than a Sam Allardyce era bolton, fo sheezy. We've got infinitely better players than Swansea or the old Bolton, which do you think would suit our current side more?

Of course we should keep it on the ground.

Rather hoof the ball every chance we get than play like Swansea.

I'd go somewhere in between. Swansea fooled a lot of people last season, they showed how possession football could be massively ineffectual and made the argument for it not being as important as I'd always deemed it

:lol: What kind of question is that? Of course I would., I'd rather play like swansea than a Sam Allardyce era bolton, fo sheezy. We've got infinitely better players than Swansea or the old Bolton, which do you think would suit our current side more?

Of course we should keep it on the ground.

Both forms of football are utter shite to watch, I would much sooner have several big men who promote long ball football in the side than play like fucking Swansea though.

The home crowd wouldn't let the players pass it sideways and backwards for 90 mins. We're a very impatient bunch when we're not winning or marauding forward in numbers.

blatez not serious about the advert thing of course.

Not sure how reliable this is, but...

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT

West Ham aiming to make a massive signing - just checking if I can reveal who it is

It is not a done deal yet but David Gold and David Sullivan are doing absolutely everything to land this guy

The fee will smash our record to smithereens and is a sign of intent from the West Ham board

The is Andy Carroll with Joselu the back up option

Right now W Ham's record signing is £7.5m for Craig Bellamy

I think the Andy Carroll transfer IF it happens will not be a protracted affair