West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love that Rodgers has started bitching and moaning about us. It's not like we have done anything wrong, there's no rule to say you can't bid low for a player :lol:

He also doesn't have a leg to stand on if he starts talking about tapping players up.

He's been dragged down to their level almost instantly.

As a player, I have no qualms about him coming back, he gives us other options if the usual style of play doesn't pay dividends. As a person however, i'd rather we stayed well away, who dives against your hometown club after dumping the number 9 shirt for "the club you love"? Awful scrote.

Guest firetotheworks

I found it very interesting that he used the phrase 'taking liberty' considering his supposed gentleman's agreement with Swansea. Puns aside,  his word obviously means nothing.

For the 'would rather spend the money on a RB/CB/LSFAM' brigade. Has it not become obvious we don't operate like that? If a player becomes available in a position we're short we'll set so much money aside for that player, if the clubs valuation of the player exceeds our own then we back off (ala Debuchy).

We're way past the days of, here's x amount of pounds, go and spend it.

Aye, August is always an absolute nightmare for bickering. I can't stand getting involved in stupid arguments online but August and the close of the transfer window can definitely bring it out

Fuck off man, you hand bag waving cunt . . . .

Nice :lol:

Not that my opinion means owt...

But rather than a lump like Carroll for top dough, I would rather prefer a whippet-like forward of the A Cole / bellamy / defoe ilk, to "play of the last man / shoulder" as it were.

Given the style we played, or tried to play, against Spurs at the weekend, is anyone surprised we'd be going back for Carroll?!

No.

think Anita will do more than anyone else to take us away from that style

For the 'would rather spend the money on a RB/CB/LSFAM' brigade. Has it not become obvious we don't operate like that? If a player becomes available in a position we're short we'll set so much money aside for that player, if the clubs valuation of the player exceeds our own then we back off (ala Debuchy).

But buying an expensive forward we don't need isn't exactly prudent.

Don't get this. We've got Cisse (poss ACN), Ba (poss ACN), Shola (injury prone) and Sammy (injured) to my knowledge. This lot would be lucky to last a full PL season, nevermind UEFA and the others on top.

If Carroll regains his form - and there's no reason to doubt that under Pardew- then he gives us another dimension.

Who gives a fuck if it means we lump it to the forwards now and again. Pardew has clearly shown he'll play the team that enables us to defeat the opposition in the most effective way. Some teams this will mean route one, others our 4-3-3.

Don't get this. We've got Cisse (poss ACN), Ba (poss ACN), Shola (injury prone) and Sammy (injured) to my knowledge. This lot would be lucky to last a full PL season, nevermind UEFA and the others on top.

If Carroll regains his form - and there's no reason to doubt that under Pardew- then he gives us another dimension.

Who gives a f*** if it means we lump it to the forwards now and again. Pardew has clearly shown he'll play the team that enables us to defeat the opposition in the most effective way. Some teams this will mean route one, others our 4-3-3.

Exactly, we are going to need to rest Ba and Cisse at times this season. I'd rather have more than the Ameobi's and heaping pressure on Campbell and Sammy isn't a great idea. I did however think we might wait Carroll out until January when we know about the the African Cup and buy a more versatile pacey winger/striker in the mean time, but if they cave in to 12/13m now why not.

Who gives a f*** if it means we lump it to the forwards now and again. Pardew has clearly shown he'll play the team that enables us to defeat the opposition in the most effective way. Some teams this will mean route one, others our 4-3-3.

The key word was expensive. We don't need to be spending anywhere near £12million to get a player of the "quality" of Carroll.

I definitely don't think we just have x as you say then spend as is.

Pardew and Carr identify transfer targets, come up what they believe are fair values (whilst taking into account Mike isn't going to go all Man City so they need to be realistic) and put them to Dekka, then we have a 'transfer summit' with all involved where they try and persuade Mike it's worth getting these players in.

I definitely think the Carroll bid is Ashley instigated though or at the very least Pardew and Carr saw an opportunity and persuaded Ashley it was his brilliant idea. He is a successful businessman who has built up his empire by being a shrewd/aggressive person to deal with. Selling an asset for well over it's true value and then buying it back from close to/under it's value is his wet dream so it would be a lot easier to persuade him on that one.

Basically signing or not signing Carroll doesn't make much difference, he will still believe the offer for Debuchy/Douglas are fair and won't pay over the odds whatever happens.

Guest BooBoo

Got a vision of a load of NUFC employees carrying £12million in laundered cash in tortoise shell suitcases into Anfield a la Scarface.....

I love that Rodgers has started bitching and moaning about us. It's not like we have done anything wrong, there's no rule to say you can't bid low for a player :lol:

He also doesn't have a leg to stand on if he starts talking about tapping players up.

He's been dragged down to their level almost instantly.

Like looking at the BBC site at the moment where it lists Rodgers talking about our bid being a liberty. Then the main headline is about Fulham reporting Liverpool and Rodgers for tapping up.

I definitely don't think we just have x as you say then spend as is.

Pardew and Carr identify transfer targets, come up what they believe are fair values (whilst taking into account Mike isn't going to go all Man City so they need to be realistic) and put them to Dekka, then we have a 'transfer summit' with all involved where they try and persuade Mike it's worth getting these players in.

I definitely think the Carroll bid is Ashley instigated though or at the very least Pardew and Carr saw an opportunity and persuaded Ashley it was his brilliant idea. He is a successful businessman who has built up his empire by being a shrewd/aggressive person to deal with. Selling an asset for well over it's true value and then buying it back from close to/under it's value is his wet dream so it would be a lot easier to persuade him on that one.

Basically signing or not signing Carroll doesn't make much difference, he will still believe the offer for Debuchy/Douglas are fair and won't pay over the odds whatever happens.

The Carroll bid is deffo Ashley having a giggle. :lol: