West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anybody actually know if he wants to come back?

He's back here every week, man. His house on the valley looks right onto my parent's village and his lights are always on at the weekend, even when Liverpool have 5:30 KOs.

The Liverpool board need to get over that imaginary 20M loan loss thing. THey didn't lose a dime. They sold Torres and replaced him with Carroll AND Suarez. At the time the deal seemed canny. We benefitted from Chelsea and their Torres obsession, we (Newcastle) forced CHelsea to hand over a silly fee for Torres by being obstanant with Carroll. Liverpool didn't lose anything (other than pride). I think that as long as they are willing to buy a non-british player they could easily replace Carroll for 12m... with a player better suited to Rogers' preferences.

As far as recouping the supposedly 35M? GTFOH.

Guest Recoba

I have been convinced all summer that it is only a matter of time before he is back.

- We need a striker having lost Best and Lovenkrands

- The club wants a young striker having bid for De Jong

- The club never really wanted to sell him but the money offered was absurd

- Liverpool do not want him and want to raise cash to spend

- Other than West Ham, perhaps Fulham or Stoke, there is no other realistic destination

Personally, I would be delighted to have him back for £15 million or less.  That is Steven Fletcher or Joe Allen money in Premiership terms, and I rate Carroll far and above Fletcher or Allen.

Cisse/Carroll or Ba/Carroll is exciting.  Ba was on top form with Best doing the leg work, while Cisse shined when Ba stepped up to do the Physical duties.

Plus I'd love to see a Carroll-Campbell partnership one day.

He's back here every week, man. His house on the valley looks right onto my parent's village and his lights are always on at the weekend, even when Liverpool have 5:30 KOs.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/50PbTompgB8/0.jpg

Guest bimpy474

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/50PbTompgB8/0.jpg

:lol: i found a pic of a bloke with some binoculars, but this is way better ;D

My problem with this deal is the fees being touted. £15 million? What has he done at Liverpool to warrant such a fee? Liverpool paying us £35 million isn't a reason for us to spend big on him. He is widely regarded as a flop and a donkey at Liverpool, should we be spending that kind of money on someone like that? What he was like playing for us does come in to it in some ways, but it is becoming more and more irrelevant. £15 million could get us a quality forward from Europe, sure it would be a punt but we have good scouts and it might work out brilliant for us, Carroll might come here and continue where he left off at Liverpool.

£15million goes so, so much further outside England than it does in England. Still can't believe people think it'd be a good deal.

Take away the nostalgia and Carroll wouldn't even be a target. Most would probably prefer Fletcher based on the last 2 seasons.

There is also the huge issue of who gets dropped to accommodate him? Cisse or Ba? If people think we're spending big on Carroll to rotate him then think again, he'll be number 1 choice.

Not sure that's true tbh, surely the manager will pick the team and he isn't going to pick a lesser player he cost a bit.

I have been convinced all summer that it is only a matter of time before he is back.

- We need a striker having lost Best and Lovenkrands

Ironic that nearly 2 years ago we were moaning at the fact we were stuck with Best & Lovenkrands because we didn't replace him that winter, and now he could be coming back to replace those two as Cisse/Ba's bitch.

There is also the huge issue of who gets dropped to accommodate him? Cisse or Ba? If people think we're spending big on Carroll to rotate him then think again, he'll be number 1 choice.

We've got plenty of games to play and plenty of opportunities to get players on the pitch and (in case anyone forgets) there is another African Nations Cup  in January. We need a proper squad to be competitive.

:lol: f*** him and the wankstain club that employs him.

Any club or business for that matter, in the position we are in re: Carroll, would do exactly the same as we have done. Our derisory offers are not insulting. Dalglish's stupidity was the real insult, and they would never admit it.

Guest bimpy474

Love the fact he sees Carroll as his third choice striker, Carroll will love that.

Think it dont say in a interview you thick fucker.

Liverpool lost money, Chelsea lost money, we are the only winners.

Again I disagree. Liverpool lost Torres and replaced him with Carroll and 15M (which you could argue they spent on Suarez). Chelsea overpaid, Liverpool broke even at worst IMHO, and we got a huge sack of cash.

Its just ego holding the Liverpool Board back. Fletcher is in fact more valuable than Carroll due to the last couple of years. They won't get more than 15M and they are foolish for thinking so.

I doubt we could sell him for £10m if he adds failure at NUFC to failure at Liverpool. By then his six months of quality will be a distant memory.

Also a player could break his leg or have to retire at any time - it's not like he's a concrete asset that you know you'll be able cash in when you like.

Peter Crouch has moved for £11m, £11m and £10m that could rise to £12m since July 2008. We'll always get most of the money back. As for the possible career-ending injury, that's just daft thing to worry about.