West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest pete in thanet

Our resources are currently stuck in Ashley's wallet

Unless you are happy with Shola of course...

who is yet again unavailabe tonight

perhaps Best will play

I love nothing more than missing out on transfer targets to shit newly-promoted sides. As long as our model stays intact nothing else matters, not even finishing way down the league with a pathetically thin squad despite having on countless opportunities to strengthen it.

Would you want to pay Carroll £80k a week to sit on our bench then?, any excuse to moan :lol:

Thought Carroll was holding out to come here.

If this happens, at least we have a day to try and get someone else. Or not.

IF he's going to West Ham then it means we've told him we're not interested, so I don't think its too relevant really.

I love nothing more than missing out on transfer targets to shit newly-promoted sides. As long as our model stays intact nothing else matters, not even finishing way down the league with a pathetically thin squad despite having on countless opportunities to strengthen it.

Would you want to pay Carroll £80k a week to sit on our bench then?, any excuse to moan :lol:

I have a feeling Sir Chubster would want Carroll to start.

Disgraceful transfer window from us.

Disagree. If we lost any key players, which we haven't so far, and we didn't replace them then it would be a disgrace. So far it has been a okay window for us because of the fact we have all our top players from last season still at the club.

But we haven't exactly been fending off bids have we. We're just standing still and talking about imaginary clubs that want our players.

I have a feeling Sir Chubster would want Carroll to start.

:kasper:

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll is in London to finalise a season-long loan move to West Ham. No commitment to buy.

7:01 PM - 30 Aug 12

So basically completely pointless on Liverpool's behalf?

Not completely pointless, they get to piss us off at least.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Disagree. If we lost any key players, which we haven't so far, and we didn't replace them then it would be a disgrace. So far it has been a okay window for us because of the fact we have all our top players from last season still at the club.

But we haven't exactly been fending off bids have we. We're just standing still and talking about imaginary clubs that want our players.

Make what you will of it, but as long as Benny, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba and Colo are still at the club this time staurday, I am happy.

Make what you will of it, but as long as Benny, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba and Colo are still at the club this time staurday, I am happy.

Do you think they will be impressed by our lack of activity?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Do you think they will be impressed by our lack of activity?

They probably won't care too much that we haven't broke the bank and just get on with their job and have the best season possible for the club like the professionals they are.

its kind of smart move loaning AC to west ham, its the perfect shopping window for AC to be put in.

plentiful long lumping balls towards AC's head, also to rekindle the successful relationship with nolan, lets be honest they were very effective pair of dual.

no doubt he will score a few. it is a smart move regardless of them pissing us off or not.

I love how it seems we have no cash this summer and yet we haven't come anywhere near to spending the money we received for Carroll.

Out of interest how much do you think we've spent in comparison to what we've received since Pardew arrived?

Its not that we dont have cash to spend we clearly do as we've made bids fopr players that have been rejected.  We have to realise now that unless they getting value for money the board wont sanction a transfer, which is how it should be done, we could have spent 14 million on fletcher or loan with 17 mil agreed fee for carrol but that would have been stupid.