West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I refuse to believe that Liverpool are willing to sell to us after the shambles of a deal it's turned out for them.

It isnt as if we sold them a duff motor & refused to give them their money back when it conked out though is it?

I agree its turned out pretty bad for them but Jordan Henderson £15m ffs? besides, when your talking this kind of dough I cant believe that they wont adopt anything other than a pragmatic approach - should we table an offer.

The Independant report he`s stalling for a move back to the N.E. & for my money, I reckon he`ll be a Newcastle player by September.

Possibly 

I'm pretty sure he wants to come back here as well, even for less money...although obviously not whole lot less. I doubt even West ham are going to offer him anywhere near to what he was earning at Liverpool.

I refuse to believe that Liverpool are willing to sell to us after the shambles of a deal it's turned out for them.

It isnt as if we sold them a duff motor & refused to give them their money back when it conked out though is it?

I agree its turned out pretty bad for them but Jordan Henderson £15m ffs? besides, when your talking this kind of dough I cant believe that they wont adopt anything other than a pragmatic approach - should we table an offer.

The Independant report he`s stalling for a move back to the N.E. & for my money, I reckon he`ll be a Newcastle player by September.

Possibly 

I'm pretty sure he wants to come back here as well, even for less money...although obviously not whole lot less. I doubt even West ham are going to offer him anywhere near to what he was earning at Liverpool.

Be interesting to see, if he does come back, what kind of hit he takes on his wages.

90kpw at the moment!!...90fkin grand!!!...I would imagine though, even if you took a 30% hit on that your still rich beyond your wildest dreams.

I would say a lot will depend on the greed & persuasiveness of his agent

Was he this injury-prone under Hughton btw?

I can't remember TBH, he always seems to miss a fair bit of football.

I doubt his lifestyle has helped. Liverpool were pretty shocked when he arrived there, and being on loan in London won't exactly be the biggest incentive to clean himself up.

Guest bimpy474

It all depends if Carroll accepts I suppose, if we've spoken to him he may reject it, awaiting our bid, could be a twist in this. Not that I want him to preserve the cretins job any longer.

Why on earth would Liverpool accept an offer from us? We won't be paying £15m for anyone.

Didn't you make similar statements before we signed Cisse?

I had a bet with madras that in the 2011 summer we'd not sign a player for over £8m. He still owes me that pint.

We still haven't either :(

I would have thought Dave not being bought that pint was a give away like.

If the bet was for Summer 2011, there's been 3 windows since then when we could have spent more.

But a free pint, i would have bent the rules to suit :lol:

I think he is a good player aswell but he always has a niggle or something which interrupts that form and it takes him a while (ages!) to get back into a streak. Not consistent is maybe what I'm trying to say, is that due to injuries though???

Glad there are alternatives to AC. Would like him back, but won't cry if he goes anywhere else. Atleast not at £15m.

(I'd take benteke, but he has to be over £20m now?)

Guest bimpy474

I like him as well... but there are too many worries (fitness, lifestyle, effect on style of football, price, wages) for me to want to sign him back.

Worrying about the style of football !!, that ship sailed 6 months ago Ian unfortunately.

Unless Pardew has a major rethink or brainfart, Carroll or similar is just what were going to need.

Dekka needs to get down there, get Andy in the pub, then whip out his nob a contract when they've had about 8 pints.

and get us transfer embargoed for talking to the player without permission from his club :)

Quick comparison:

Benteke for say 17M or Andy for 15M?

Bite the arm off one of those!

Um... Benteke.

I don't want to come over all "we're not good enough", but he's getting a lot of interest and we're not as attractive as we should be...

Dekka needs to get down there, get Andy in the pub, then whip out his nob a contract when they've had about 8 pints.

and get us transfer embargoed for talking to the player without permission from his club :)

Hmmm. That's a fair point you raise. I officially withdraw this suggestion. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Hmmm. That's a fair point you raise. I officially withdraw this suggestion. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Dekka has a nob?

10th highest attendances in Europe someone was telling me the other day, is that correct?

Not sure our numbers mean a great deal considering the amount we generate compared to some London clubs and the like.

Despite having 10,000 less seats than us, and outside of all the commercial/advertising advantages they have, ticket sales and matchday revenue alone for a club like Chelsea is still over 3 times as much as us (Arsenal and Man U are closer to 4 times).

Still, guess it shouldn't mean we get out muscled by WHam though. :lol:

Quick comparison:

Benteke for say 17M or Andy for 15M?

Bite the arm off one of those!

Um... Benteke.

I don't want to come over all "we're not good enough", but he's getting a lot of interest and we're not as attractive as we should be...

Benteke will stay this coming season, have a good world cup, and take his pick of where he wants to go, to be honest. That's how good he potentially is.

He's only young and has lots of rough edges to lose still, but he's significantly better than Andy Carroll (who went to Liverpool for five times as much as we paid for Benteke, and probably earns three times as much as Benteke does).

Dekka has a nob?

Aye. It frequently plays Cisse on the wing and sits on 1-0 leads.