West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I idolised him while he was here. He was a great player for us. I just wish he didn't leave in such circumstances so a move back could be more realistic.

But lets remember, he was an absolute beast and I reckon he'll still be an England striker in the future. He's still a young lad and the amount of abuse he is getting from the Liverpool fans purely based on his price-tag is pretty out of order for me...

But lets remember, he was an absolute beast and I reckon he'll still be an England striker in the future. He's still a young lad and the amount of abuse he is getting from the Liverpool fans purely based on his price-tag is pretty out of order for me...

No chance, I'd be going fucking mental if we spent £35m on such a player. It would be like spending £35m on Obertan, imagine my reaction.

No chance, I'd be going fucking mental if we spent £35m on such a player. It would be like spending £35m on Obertan, imagine my reaction.

Carroll's progression at our club was insane to the extent that he was beginning to look like a world beater when he left us.  Not sure why you're so down on him, me and every fucker I knew thought he was ace.  The move to Liverpool just looks really badly advised, who knows whether he'd have carried on his upward trajectory if he stayed at the club but I think he'd be playing a hell of a lot better than he is at present.  There's a bad feeling around the situation from all sides at the moment, can't see a player as daft as Carroll turning the situation around tbh and would imagine it ends with him leaving for less than half the price next summer or the one after.

Carroll's progression at our club was insane to the extent that he was beginning to look like a world beater when he left us.  Not sure why you're so down on him, me and every fucker I knew thought he was ace.  The move to Liverpool just looks really badly advised, who knows whether he'd have carried on his upward trajectory if he stayed at the club but I think he'd be playing a hell of a lot better than he is at present.  There's a bad feeling around the situation from all sides at the moment, can't see a player as daft as Carroll turning the situation around tbh and would imagine it ends with him leaving for less than half the price next summer or the one after.

He's not going to make it at Liverpool cause Liverpool aren't going to make it this season either. :lol:

How often do players in the form of their lives leave to go to the brighter lights for bigger money and suddenly just can't do it any more? It's well common.

Benjani's move to Man City, Robbie Keane's move to Liverpool, etc.

He had a massive party last night at his house off the A69. Apparently flew over in a helicopter, landing at his place about 8. He had pretty much a fairground in his garden, slingshot bungee things, dodgems etc. He knocked down a dry stone wall to get it in the garden. Massive firework display as well. My brother said he could hear the music still kicking out at 5am this morn and he could hear Carroll making announcements over the tannoy system. My brother was in bed in Wylam.

He had a massive party last night at his house off the A69. Apparently flew over in a helicopter, landing at his place about 8. He had pretty much a fairground in his garden, slingshot bungee things, dodgems etc. He knocked down a dry stone wall to get it in the garden. Massive firework display as well. My brother said he could hear the music still kicking out at 5am this morn and he could hear Carroll making announcements over the tannoy system. My brother was in bed in Wylam.

:lol:

Even though I defended him above it does seem as if he is trolling sometimes.

I went past last night at about 10pm.  All the fairground stuff was going on but there didn't seem too many people about - I guess the party started quite late.  With all the lights, the equipment was visible from some distance.  Fortunately, I live on the other side of Wylam so I didn't hear the music.

Take your point Pilko, but Carroll was far younger than both.  Seems more comparable to someone like Francis Jeffers but I can't see it going that badly wrong for him.

I wasn't suggesting that it's an identical situation to either of those, just that sometimes a player 'clicks' at a club, if you like. Moving away from that club is sometimes a big error, both for the player and the buying manager - to the player, the grass might appear greener and they forget about the other factors that are contributing to their success at the original club. In Carroll's case, those factors were arguably that he'd already convinced our fans he was class, the influence on and off the pitch of Nolan, and the on-pitch service of Barton. And that's before you consider the pressure that a £35m price tag brings, regardless of what he might say about it not fazing him.

fwiw I think Carroll will end up back at NUFC one day. Liverpool and Carroll just feels like an uneasy fit to me.

I went past last night at about 10pm.  All the fairground stuff was going on but there didn't seem too many people about - I guess the party started quite late.  With all the lights, the equipment was visible from some distance.  Fortunately, I live on the other side of Wylam so I didn't hear the music.

I went past about 9ish and saw all the fairground rides and that. Looked like it would have cost a few quid....