West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another PR nightmare

Who for?

Everyone apart from Carroll. No need for this to be in the public arena.

What if the FA have refused the request, then he gets injured?

People (including me it has to be said) would be criticising the club for not trying to pull him out.

It appears they've got this spot on IMO.

Slightly dodgy source on NUFC wanting him not to play... no quotes, no club statement, nothing in public.

Thank God someone else came in to say this. No quotes, no statement, absolutely nothing article from the Sun. How many times do we see these articles and laugh them off as ':lol: yeah yeah, no quotes, no source, what a crock of shit'. Yet now we believe it?

FA doctors say he is fit club are trying are to say he's not.. its a total shambles.. I 100% understand why the club are worried about him but the lad has got his England call up and been told he will start its gota piss him off the club trying to stop that.

If he's fit then he should and will play.

Five Live mentioned our displeasure as fact this morning like.

I can see the interview now. Carroll's scored the winner on his international debut against France at Wembley.

Reporter: WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK NEWCASTLE WILL MAKE OF THIS!? They must be FURIOUS!

If this was Rooney, or Terry - the FA would follow Man Utd/Chelsea's wishes. Fucking piss take.

Difference is that them two probably couldn't care less about a friendly, while this is a massive game for Carroll. Carroll will do anything to play in this, and fair play to him, so he should. If more players had that attitude towards playing for England, then maybe we wouldn't look so fucking dire half of the time.

If this was Rooney, or Terry - the FA would follow Man Utd/Chelsea's wishes. Fucking piss take.

Difference is that them two probably couldn't care less about a friendly, while this is a massive game for Carroll. Carroll will do anything to play in this, and fair play to him, so he should. If more players had that attitude towards playing for England, then maybe we wouldn't look so fucking dire half of the time.

I understand that, but in the same respect he should not be willing to risk himself for a friendly, when he will have plenty of opportunities in the future.

Ashley is probably telling them to play him so he can claim compensation when he gets injured

Was thinking the same earlier. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hark, a new era of route-one delights await

Rarely has a nation been so excited by an impending barrage of long balls, but that is exactly what awaits as England's ever-eager hefty-clearance merchants line up to feed Andy Carroll.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/299252/

Who the fuck wrote that balls. That gets more unbearable to read the further you get down.

Let the boy play!

If I were in his shoes, I'd be fucking furious if someone from my own club tried to stop me.

So if he pulls his groin and is out for a month are you still going to be saying that?

It is madness for him to play. If he plays tonight this will be his 4th game in 10 days and he will be playing it not fully fit. On top of that if he does come through he will then have to play again on Saturday. You simply cannot expect a 21 year-old to be playing 5 games in 13 days and not feel the effects later in the season.

He needs a rest and there will be plenty of other chances to play for England.