West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He does have a slight groin injury that, unfortunately for Andy, he picked up right at the end of the game.

He has gone and joined the England squad to be assessed by them as well. But, as we saw him this morning, it was certainly unlikely that he will be staying there.

The most important thing for us is of course him playing in a black and white strip. We have got to make sure that we look after him this week to give him any chance of the weekend.

That will be assessed over the next couple of days. Possibly he'll have that chance, but maybe not.

According to the BBC page he was due to train with the rest of the squad this morning regardless. Even if he's deemed unfit and isn't involved, it should be a good experience for him. Hopefully it'll open his eyes to what he could do with his career and help him to cut out the shit off the pitch.

Obviously my priority is NUFC and so it should be for Carroll, but this call-up could serve a purpose even if he can't play.

I make no excuses, I love the lad. Watching him put the frighteners on defences is quality. I nearly enjoyed him rattling the cross bar against the mackems as much as Sholas finish. Superb strength and power in that jump.

I know it's only words, but I just get the impression all the shit off the pitch and media stuff is water off a duck's back to him, it's not affected his performances so far, and I believe him when he says he thinks he can score goals for England. I think he'll grab the chance with both hands when he finally gets it.

Guest Stephen927

Wonder who he's mates with in the England team . Henderson maybe?

Probably the lads like Smalling he will have met in the Under-21's.