West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You only have to look at the headlines and what Capello has been saying to see that Carroll is the future for England regardless if he plays tonight or not. As much as I want to see him play tonight, Newcastle comes first. If there are ANY doubts, he shouldnt be playing.

He will score a goal, put the "hush finger" towards the french bastards, go straight out on the piss, hump a couple of London WAGs and then come home safe and sound.

Guest LJA0210

if they stop him playing tonight if i was andy id be slapping a transfer request in tomorrow like

after the support we have given him recently and after the Taylor incident??

yes even after that this is a big chance for him to establish himself as a class centre forward and if he is fit he should play. As much as we need him he will probs only play 45 minutes anyway. its the clubs fault for not investing in another striker of quality and instead spending money to turn the gallowgate stand into a giant sportsdirect carrier bag

club before country.  We pay his wages.  It should be our medical staff to assess whether he's fit or not.

I don't think that should be the case like - otherwise every player ever called up to international duty would pull out with an injury.

Plus it sounds like he's the one pushing this - he sounds desperate to play.

Guest neesy111

Presumably a fitness test assesses whether he's fit, so if he passes it he's OK.

He won't be, this is the same England fitness team that said M Owen was fit to play in the 2006 world cup when he clearly wasn't.

'Late fitness test' - can't believe that. What is that tonight? A world cup semi-finale? Or at least a qualifier? No, it's a fucking friendly, he shouldn't be involved if he's not 100 % fit.

If this weren't potentially his first cap he would've been pulled out of the squad a while ago. Not to mention how short England are on strikers.

The thing is: I'm sure Derek Wright who is our physio is also your NT's physio. If Carroll gets injured on his watch then he should be sacked the moment he gets back to Newcastle.

Carroll should also realise that he'll have plenty more opportunities to play for England. He doesn't have to be Superman and play in a fucking friendly today to prove how committed to the cause he is. Let's be honest, you're not exactly loaded up front so he'll get his chance sooner rather than later and there's still two years until the Euros for him to earn his place up front.

The thing is: I'm sure Derek Wright who is our physio is also your NT's physio. If Carroll gets injured on his watch then he should be sacked the moment he gets back to Newcastle.

Carroll should also realise that he'll have plenty more opportunities to play for England. He doesn't have to be Superman and play in a fucking friendly today to prove how committed to the cause he is. Let's be honest, you're not exactly loaded up front so he'll get his chance sooner rather than later and there's still two years until the Euros for him to earn his place up front.

Derek Wright only works with the under 21s iirc.