West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest JamesyJazz

Just said on Sky Sports he wants to spend the rest of his career here like Big Al. :smitten:

was just thinking about this yesterday. they way i see it he'd be well within his rights to ask for a pay rise at the end of the season unless his form drops drastically.

Would have thought he got that in the contract he just signed?

aye mate. but if he keeps going the way he has been he's significantly more important to us than he was at the start of the season, top scorer, england striker, essential to the way we play, only getting better etc etc. i'm a firm believer in players getting paid what they're worth and i'd hate to see us try and rely on the fact that he's just signed a new deal to not give him what he deserves, coz he'll just f*** off.

Agree with the paying what he's worth comment.My biggest concern is that M.A cashes in on his ever increasing value come the summer.

Was an interview with him in one of the papers this morning (Mirror or Star I think), he is a confident lad but didn't come across arrogant. Very self assured which is exactly what you need to be in his position.

That's what I enjoyed most about his interview. I loved how he said 'hopefully play for Newcastle for the rest of my career'. Hopefully. A small thing, but he's not taking it for granted, he knows he's got to keep up standards and not rest on his laurels.

Just said on Sky Sports he wants to spend the rest of his career here like Big Al. :smitten:

was just thinking about this yesterday. they way i see it he'd be well within his rights to ask for a pay rise at the end of the season unless his form drops drastically.

Would have thought he got that in the contract he just signed?

aye mate. but if he keeps going the way he has been he's significantly more important to us than he was at the start of the season, top scorer, england striker, essential to the way we play, only getting better etc etc. i'm a firm believer in players getting paid what they're worth and i'd hate to see us try and rely on the fact that he's just signed a new deal to not give him what he deserves, coz he'll just f*** off.

Agree with the paying what he's worth comment.My biggest concern is that M.A cashes in on his ever increasing value come the summer.

i remember reading keegan's book and him talking about giving players pay rises when they didnt even ask for them! chairman's nightmare i'm sure and i'm not necessarily saying do that but if the club can afford it, do it. i wouldnt wanna see players being penalised financially for wanting to play for newcastle.

regardless of whatever else he gets up to, on the pitch carroll's been sensational for us this season and i want us to keep him if he wants to stay.

His run got him that goal. Other strikers wouldn't have followed it.

Was thinking that when I saw the replay. Most strikers would've let it go after the misplaced pass through and let the Alex/Cech deal with it. Good effort to keep going throughout the whole play.

Guest firetotheworks

I was really impressed with the way he came across in that interview. He seems to have matured, and seems a lot more intelligent than I thought he was. Played well yet again today. It's becoming a given now that he'll terrorise centre backs in the air. All of them, he's mint.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/andy-carroll-specials/club-after-january-transfer-window

We're not even listed. Newcastle isn't even f***ing listed as a possibility!

I'm not sure if this is a whoosh or not :lol: but that's always the case with transfers.

No whoosh intended. Just surprised to see the odds are for "club after the January transfer deadline" and we're not listed. So what happens, what odds are they giving on him not moving? That's my point, mate.

:frantic:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/andy-carroll-specials/club-after-january-transfer-window

We're not even listed. Newcastle isn't even f***ing listed as a possibility!

I'm not sure if this is a whoosh or not :lol: but that's always the case with transfers.

No whoosh intended. Just surprised to see the odds are for "club after the January transfer deadline" and we're not listed. So what happens, what odds are they giving on him not moving? That's my point, mate.

:frantic:

They'd probably be like 1/40 or something stupid like that.