West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not willing to link to such shite but needless to say the Sunday Express has Spurs 'lining up a stunning £20million New Year swoop' for Carroll. They 'could offer Robbie Keane or Peter Crouch in part-exchange' as well.

:facepalm:

sunday mirror has it too,

It's in the Sunday Mirror as well*, almost word for word. Different media group isn't it? Perhaps leatherface has been blabbing.

Mirror also reckons Chelsea want him. This shit isn't ever going to end is it.

*edit - too late

Don't think you can underestimate the effect growing up watching Shearer, staying loyal and becoming a legend, will have had on him. Worth more than a couple medals at Chelsea and Man Utd where, in the grand scheme of things, you'll soon become forgotten about.

Don't think you can underestimate the effect growing up watching Shearer, staying loyal and becoming a legend, will have had on him. Worth more than a couple medals at Chelsea and Man Utd where, in the grand scheme of things, you'll soon become forgotten about.

Aye, and probably be on the bench half the time.

We're a fucking basketcase of a football club but strangely enough he's probably at the best place for his football development.  I rate him really highly, but if he went to Chelsea or wherever next summer there's every chance he'd fall by the wayside imo.

Tbh though, the only thing Ashley could do to make me hate him more than I already do is sell Carroll (especially for under the odds) so you've got to expect it a bit I suppose.

What would you consider an offer too good to refuse? Serious offers like, not horses heads in beds, or owt.

I'd use the Berbatov deal as a precedent. Berbatov was arguably more talented at the time but had also just about peaked whereas Carroll's barely into his twenties which should add value and the fact he's pretty much irreplaceable to us adding more.

So basically a canny bit more than £30m, which I don't think anyone will be prepared to pay at the minute.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What would you consider an offer too good to refuse? Serious offers like, not horses heads in beds, or owt.

I'd use the Berbatov deal as a precedent. Berbatov was arguably more talented at the time but had also just about peaked whereas Carroll's barely into his twenties which should add value and the fact he's pretty much irreplaceable to us adding more.

So basically a canny bit more than £30m, which I don't think anyone will be prepared to pay at the minute.

Not sure that's the best way to look at it, considering how desperate Man U were to sign him and then had to battle Man City to sign him on deadline day with Tottenham playing it clever the whole time too. However, if someone was to offer silly money, so £30m+, are you saying you'd accept that under the assumption it'd be put back into the squad? What if it was just going to cover another year's worth of debt instead, rather than Mike Ashley forking out the yearly £20m?

£40m.

I wouldn't sell him for that personally. I'd have no faith that we'd invest it in the squad, and even less faith that we'd spend much of it wisely. We need to keep him. If we sell him, well it was before my time, but it's the 80s all over again.  It would show a huge lack of ambition to get rid of him.

Not sure that's the best way to look at it, considering how desperate Man U were to sign him and then had to battle Man City to sign him on deadline day with Tottenham playing it clever the whole time too. However, if someone was to offer silly money, so £30m+, are you saying you'd accept that under the assumption it'd be put back into the squad? What if it was just going to cover another year's worth of debt instead, rather than Mike Ashley forking out the yearly £20m?

Basically I don't think anyone will offer his worth to us atm which, with a sensible owner, would be around the £35m mark. However with a very less than sensible offer I can see a much smaller sum being accepted which shouldn't be.

Also your asking whether we'd sell him at this price, which is implying that the decision is ours and therefore we'd be able to implement the reinvestment as we see fit. Unfortunately the decision is Ashley's and under Ashley selling big is pointless because you know he'll use it to cover costs only.

Basically I don't think anyone will offer his worth to us atm which, with a sensible owner, would be around the £35m mark. However with a very less than sensible offer I can see a much smaller sum being accepted which shouldn't be.

If we accepted £20m or so for him I'd be fucking fuming.  Lescott went for that ffs.  Ah, this is stressing me out now. :lol:

Guest Tall Striker

Yet to see one real and believable quote.

"I'm just going to go out there and carry on doing what I have been doing," Carroll said.

"I've always worked towards being where I am now and want to stay here - it's as simple as that.

If we accepted £20m or so for him I'd be f***ing fuming.  Lescott went for that ffs.  Ah, this is stressing me out now. :lol:

If Ipswich are wanting £10m+ for Wickham it's fair to assume Carroll's fee if he went would be a lot more than £20m.  Can't see him moving to Spurs, Harry hasn't said that Carroll is a player he admires but he's not interested in signing him!

If he was to leave in January, what kind of impact would that have on the team and our chances of staying in the Premier League?  Virtually all of our goals are either scored or created by him so at this stage, he is irreplaceable.  There is no way that we would take Crouch or Keane in part exchange - two underperforming players who probably would not want to come in the first place and who would want twice the salary that Carroll is presently on.

Even if Ashley is interested in cashing in, surely it is too big a gamble even for him at this stage of the season?