West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sure VI has said in the past we're still quite a big name abroad. I remember him saying our relegation was in their papers which was unusual ?

Yes. Your board sacking Hughton merited a mention in the international pages of our sport papers. Allardyce didn't.

I'd say most casual fans aren't really aware of your fall from grace. Me and my brother were watching ManU - NUFC in the PL opening week and he still thought you were on par with Everton, Spurs and the like.

I've searched Andy Carroll on http://news.google.es mind, and the only mention of Carroll over the past few days has been in the list of Premier League top scorers, and translations into Spanish of the Spurs rumour. Not a single mention on any Spanish news site about Real Madrid being interested which there should be if it's from "Spanish sources".

Consider this my first  - and probably last - ITK post ever, but I do know for certain that Real Madrid have looked at Andy Carroll. He's also low in their list (which I have been told has around 20 names). They have looked at all the top leagues in Europe for a tall striker. Again, I'll stress they won't bid for him.

Guest guinness_fiend

I read on aintitcoolnews.com that Carroll and Jonas have been approached with a view to being extras in the next Pirate's of the Caribbean movie.  And that Barton will soon be starring in the prequel to the prequel of Silence of the Lambs (as will Xisco, as a young Clarice Starling).

To be fair I'd imagine most teams looking for a striker have had a look at him. He's one of world footballs hottest properties with regards to potential.

Yeah, people shouldn't be surprised or alarmed. If Mourinho wants a tall striker to complement Higuaín/Benzema, Madrid's technical staff are going to look at all the good tall strikers in Europe. They were linked with Hugo Almeida and Mario Gómez, who are shit compared to Carroll.

To be fair I'd imagine most teams looking for a striker have had a look at him. He's one of world footballs hottest properties with regards to potential.

Yeah, people shouldn't be surprised or alarmed. If Mourinho wants a tall striker to complement Higuaín/Benzema, Madrid's technical staff are going to look at all the good tall strikers in Europe. They were linked with Hugo Almeida and Mario Gómez, who are s*** compared to Carroll.

Can't they get Llorente? Just as big, and at present he's a better player too from the little I've seen.

Yeah, people shouldn't be surprised or alarmed. If Mourinho wants a tall striker to complement Higuaín/Benzema, Madrid's technical staff are going to look at all the good tall strikers in Europe. They were linked with Hugo Almeida and Mario Gómez, who are s*** compared to Carroll.

Can't they get Llorente? Just as big, and at present he's a better player too from the little I've seen.

He's one of their top targets, actually. Florentino recently vowed that he wouldn't buy him in January out of respect to Bilbao, which means he's odds on to make the move in the summer unless Mou gets his way and forces them to sign somebody else in the winter window.

Guest Tall Striker

Consider this my first  - and probably last - ITK post ever, but I do know for certain that Real Madrid have looked at Andy Carroll. He's also low in their list (which I have been told has around 20 names). They have looked at all the top leagues in Europe for a tall striker. Again, I'll stress they won't bid for him.

:coolsmiley:

Has he been given much press outside of the UK? I know if a birght young striker playing for one of the big clubs in Europe has scored as many as he has, then we would have heard of them but if they were playing for lesser clubs in Europe only a few of us may know about their reputation.

Basically, will these Madrid fans even know who he is?

In team of the season (so far) by Swedish journalist Peter Wennman.

I'd hate to see Llorente go to Madrid and be just a squad player/plan B target man like, same when he was linked to Barca. He's far too good to be just that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Gómez like, but he's probably far less attainable now than he would have been at the start of the season. He's been brilliant for Bayern so far this term.

The rumour is that he was in The Birdcage which is a drag queen show come nightclub mainly for lasses.

It's most likely bollocks.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wouldn't be surprised if people are out to target him now.

"Oh look, there's Andy Carroll, lets see if we can wind him up and get him locked up lololololololololololololol."

I wouldn't be surprised if people are out to target him now.

"Oh look, there's Andy Carroll, lets see if we can wind him up and get him locked up lololololololololololololol."

Fairplay to anyone who looks at that Beast Of Bensham knowing his previous & the size of the fucker & saying/thinking "I am going to piss him off".

Guest michaelfoster

why would be be in manchester when we have a game in 3 days time, chances are they are training today & tomorrow and xmas day off