West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bluegeordie

Tiote and Enrique will be agitating for moves sooner rather than later. Today sends out a hugely negative message to our current playing staff that the club has very little ambition in chasing success.

I know what you're saying, but is it really that difficult for Pardew to address the squad and say something along the lines of this:

"Lads, in order to get where we want to go, we need strength in depth. The fat prick upstairs won't write me a blank cheque, but he's assured me that the 35 million we got from Andy's sale to the bindippers goes straight into our summer war chest. So, providing we work to stay in the PL this season, and succeed in doing so, then we'll strengthen during the summer. How much? Well let's put it this way, less than one third of Andy's sale price would comfortably cover the sums we've paid for Enriques, Ben Arfa, Tiote, and Williamson combined. So, triple the contribution these players have made (or could have made in Ben Arfa's case) to the squad; reflect on where that might get us next season and beyond; and then you'll hopefully see why we felt we needed to sell Andy."   

What are the conspiracy theorists going to do if Carroll doesn't come out and contradict the club's claim that he handed in a transfer request? As surely if he hasn't, he'd want to set that straight.

Also, can they please make their minds up about whether Ashley's an idiot or an evil genius, he' can't be both, you know.

Finally, for those talking about lack of ambition. If we're lacking ambition, then what the fuck does that say about Liverpool who are getting rid of Fernando fucking Torres!!! :o and replacing him with Andy fucking Carroll!  :cheesy:

Hopefully they'll do the decent thing and remove themselves from the gene pool -- or at least stop spouting shite on here.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think Andy was considering leaving until his agent tells him this morning that NUFC look to be serious about weighing offers for him from Liverpool and Tottenham and that he may have to put in a transfer request in order to get the 2x-3x salary increase that he'd probably get. 

I firmly believe he was happy at our club and willing to stay, but when the club looked so eager to shop him around, I think he realized he had to do what was best for himself in an uncertain situation, and in order to guarantee his payday, was willing to submit the transfer request to make sure he got it.

Its incredible that this scenario, which is you're opinion not fact, leaves Carroll completely blameless.

Correct, it is my opinion.  It's speculation on a situation that simply cannot be credibly taken at face value. 

For Andy, I believe that money talks and in the end, once he sees that he has a chance to win trophies at 3x the pay, he's going to do it.  When he sees the club willing to sell him, it reiterates that the club aren't serious about winning or spending.  Makes the decision to put in the transfer request much easier.

For me, the blame is primarily on Ashley, less on Carroll.  He has no intention on getting us to European football, which should be his goal.  The business model he believes in of being a shoestring club that develops young/low-wage players and selling them off may be good for his bottom-line, but for any fans who are serious about competing for Europe and building a club that aims for winning shiny silver things that go in nice glass cabinets, you should be aware very much by now that Michael Ashley does not share your ambition.

How the f*** is Carroll blameless.  He got a new f***ing contract in November.  Shearer could have joined Man Utd at various times when he was at NUFC to be the richest footballer on the planet and didn't.

Thats the difference Shearer was loyal and Carroll isnt even after his lies to the Chronicle today he still went and i dont understand the transfer request why and what does he gain from it ,the transfer request will anger us for along time if it isnt explained .

Didn't Shearer almost join Liverpool?  Before Shepherd u-turned on the deal?

Yeh, but Robson felt he was well passed his sell by date and wanted the money for Emile MPenza

#Carroll wanted to stay at #NUFC. Handed in request after leaked they would sell him for £35m. Worth remembering B4 making JUDAS banners

from danwalkerbbc

So why was a £35m bid rejected then..

It wasnt. They released that we rejected their 2nd offer & gave no details on what that was, we may well have accepted a 3rd by that point & been calming a backlash. Its common sense.

#Carroll wanted to stay at #NUFC. Handed in request after leaked they would sell him for £35m. Worth remembering B4 making JUDAS banners

from danwalkerbbc

Makes no sense at all.

Its an absolute nonsense. Carroll will play the "I love the Toon, never wanted to leave" card but he's fucked off for a massive pay hike. He'll rightly get a shed load of abuse.

from danwalkerbbc

It wasnt. They released that we rejected their 2nd offer & gave no details on what that was, we may well have accepted a 3rd by that point & been calming a backlash. Its common sense.

before or after the transfer request ?

We say we'll sell for £35m, he is upset by this, we reject £35m bid, he hands in transfer request ???

You're overusing that smilie tonight. Refrain.

from danwalkerbbc

Was is leaked that we'd take £35 million and why did we turn it down?

We say we'll sell for £35m, he is upset by this, we reject £35m bid, he hands in transfer request ???

You're overusing that smilie tonight. Refrain.

Because the whole suggestion that he didn't hand in a transfer request because he wanted to leave baffles me.

from danwalkerbbc

Makes no sense at all.

None whatsoever.

"Shit, looks like the club are going to sell me. :-( QUICK! Hand in a trasfer request!"

from danwalkerbbc

Common sense?, really? ???  Its common sense to say that we hadn't rejected a bid, because we probably, maybe, perhaps had accepted a third bid, so Carroll then asked to leave instead of just leaving and picking up his part of the transfer?  That's common sense now?

from danwalkerbbc

before or after the transfer request ?

Before. Craig was already talking about how he still expected the deal was on & how we'd be spending the money in the summer. It was clearly all on still, people just got overexcited when we released that an offer had been rejected. It was never suggested that that was the end of it in any way atall, quite the opposite.

from danwalkerbbc

Makes no sense at all.

Its an absolute nonsense. Carroll will play the "I love the Toon, never wanted to leave" card but he's f***ed off for a massive pay hike. He'll rightly get a shed load of abuse.

Totally agree. Just signed a 5 year contract here, realise he could potenially double/treble what he is on - slaps in a transfer request. simples.