West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiekev

Amazing how many people have made a judgement on Ranger given the lack of time they have seen him play actual 1st team football, it may well be the case that many of his so called fan boys are the ones who also followed his career in our reserves and know what he can achieve over time, whereby the doubters have soley seen the few minutes the lad has been given to try and snatch a last minute result for us...

Ranger does the basics ok but doesn't look like a striker to me at all.

Why not? He gets into enough scoring positions so given a run of games it's not the craziest assumption he might score goals in time.

Amazing how many people have made a judgement on Ranger given the lack of time they have seen him play actual 1st team football, it may well be the case that many of his so called fan boys are the ones who also followed his career in our reserves and know what he can achieve over time, whereby the doubters have soley seen the few minutes the lad has been given to try and snatch a last minute result for us...

i've seen plenty at reserve level who looked great but couldn't cut it higher up. for me the problem with ranger is he doesn't look confident.

Why not? He gets into enough scoring positions so given a run of games it's not the craziest assumption he might score goals in time.

I'm still waiting for Ronaldo to answer my question to the same post of his. 

Personally I think he has looked like a striker, probably should have scored 1 or 2 more but end of the day he's so fresh to it all I can accept him not scoring like a fully experienced striker just yet.

I'd say he does, just not at this level yet. He was lethal in the reserves last season & Shearer saw enough of him in training to get him tied down to a pro deal.

Shouldn't really be more than a bit part player at the moment if he's not providing though. A loan next season to a league 1 or championship club should show us what he's capable of potentially.

Guest chris1210

If Carroll wasn't a 'local lad' he would be getting almost universal shit from people on here - but people want to stick up from him because of his origins.

His general play was woeful yesterday, he shows a complete lack of movement and common-sense almost for 90mins. He is absolutely terrible with the ball at his feet, and his flick-ons are so mis-directed you might as well have Stevie Wonder playing alongside him to read his headers.

The lad does seem to occasionally be a good finisher, i'll give him that, but how anyone can defend his overall play is beyond me. He remind me of a young Mark Viduka..... just without any of Vidukas skill and brains.

If Carroll wasn't a 'local lad' he would be getting almost universal shit from people on here - but people want to stick up from him because of his origins.

His general play was woeful yesterday, he shows a complete lack of movement and common-sense almost for 90mins. He is absolutely terrible with the ball at his feet, and his flick-ons are so mis-directed you might as well have Stevie Wonder playing alongside him to read his headers.

The lad does seem to occasionally be a good finisher, i'll give him that, but how anyone can defend his overall play is beyond me. He remind me of a young Mark Viduka..... just without any of Vidukas skill and brains.

That's bollocks, he gets MORE stick because he's a local lad. It's a pointless comparisson anyway because players who are signed by the club often have more pressure to produce due to their price, reputation etc.

Guest chris1210

Fail to see what Carroll offers over Ameobi when he's on the pitch to be honest? Useless in the air, can't hold a ball up, complete lack of intelligence.

I'd say he does, just not at this level yet. He was lethal in the reserves last season & Shearer saw enough of him in training to get him tied down to a pro deal.

Shouldn't really be more than a bit part player at the moment if he's not providing though. A loan next season to a league 1 or championship club should show us what he's capable of potentially.

Was hoping Ronaldo would explain a bit more about what he means by his post but I don't think he's seen our posts on his comment.

Don't think he had a poor game really. Held it up moderately well and had a few nice touches. Few passes went astray though but i'd put that largely down to the woeful, lazy non-movement from his strike partner.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

Did alright today, lovely ball for Loven's second.

It was a superb cross (was with his left foot too wasn't it?)

Guest icemanblue

Yes. He's left footed.

Guest toonlass

Yes. He's left footed.

Still a fabulous cross though.

Guest icemanblue

Yes. He's left footed.

Didn't say it wasn't. It was right in front of me and it was.

Just pointing out you mistakenly had him down as right footed, somehow.

Guest toonlass

Yes. He's left footed.

I just said it was with his left foot.

Guest icemanblue

Yes. He's left footed.

:lol: Aye, right.

Guest toonlass

Yes. He's left footed.

:lol: Aye, right.

Aye  O0