West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fucking immense tonight.

I don't understand why he isn't rated by some. He took his goals brilliantly.

Because his touch is poor, he has no real awareness of those around him which means his link up play is pretty gash. He does aimless flick ons all the time (compared to Ranger who always seems to be aware of things around him), he falls over all of the time, he moans at the referee due to said falling over, he struts about the pitch like he's Cantona and he's a charva from Gateshead.

He did play well tonight though.

Guest Heneage

Him and Lovenkrands have to start really, if they get some form of understanding it would tear this league a new one.

Guest malandro

If Andy Carroll was called Andrei Karel and we’d bought him for £500k from the Lithuanian Second Division when he was 17 he wouldn’t get half the stick he does.

Guest firetotheworks

If Andy Carroll was called Andrei Karel and we’d bought him for £500k from the Lithuanian Second Division when he was 17 he wouldn’t get half the stick he does.

Aside from the age 17 point, which is like 'well of course, thats obvious' I don't think that's true. He'd just get a different kind of stick, more the Xisco kind of stick.

Praise where it's due, he's looked a good prospect in the last 2 months. But i'm not going to go mad, there are plenty of players who've hit 25 goals in this league and haven't made any impact whatsoever in the big league.

Aside from the age 17 point, which is like 'well of course, thats obvious' I don't think that's true. He'd just get a different kind of stick, more the Xisco kind of stick.

ewwww  bluelaugh.gif

If he wasn't off glassing people in the face and acting like a foolish child, than he wouldn't get as much stick.

He's a talented player. He should dominate this level and he has. It will be interesting to see what becomes of him as a Premiership player, one can only hope the confidence carries over.

i've been amazed at the stick he's got this season,  i think he's been tremendous all season but the last 2 games sum up the inconsistancy of youngsters,  brilliant today following what was probably his worst game of the season against the boro. 

I wonder how it would have panned out if Shola had been fit all season

I'm guessing exactly the same.

then lovenkrands wouldn't have played very many games,  pretty sure Hughton would've played Shola and Carroll up front.

Guest firetotheworks

i've been amazed at the stick he's got this season,  i think he's been tremendous all season but the last 2 games sum up the inconsistancy of youngsters,  brilliant today following what was probably his worst game of the season against the boro.   

Did you see the Swansea match? That was probably everyone's worst game of the season. But Christ, he was bad, and yet amazingly, scored.  :lol:

I wonder how it would have panned out if Shola had been fit all season

I'm guessing exactly the same.

then lovenkrands wouldn't have played very many games,  pretty sure Hughton would've played Shola and Carroll up front.

not if it didn't work. credit where it's due man, he's dropped smith and butt as it wasn't working.

Guest malandro

No, there’s a definite section of our support who believe foreign kids must be world beaters in the making and local lads must be shite.

Deserves masses of credit since January. Another striker came in and Lovenkrands came into form, Shola was supposed to be back too. He's upped his game, when i thought the starting berth had gone to his head - and he'd just fritter away. That's 10 in 12 now since around the end of January. Superb form.

I said some months ago that slagging off Carroll was premature - and so it is.

So, too, is unduly praising him because he has off-field issues(which will hopefully get less as he assumes a degree of maturity), and he needs to work harder at his control and hold-up play.

Nevertheless, he took his goals really well tonight and he has become a regular scorer now so he IS showing progress. His physical ability to dominate defenders will be very useful if he can maintain his improvements in the Prem because he could be a real handful.

A great header for the first goal and showed composure, skill and(unusually)pace to score the second.

He is the best prospect as a forward that we have brought through the ranks for years - maybe even since Pop Robson emerged in the late 60s.

A great pity that Pop's Father-in-law, Lennie Hepple, is not now able to pass on his balance coaching to Carroll, because it would improve him in many areas of his game.

If he fulfills his potential, we will have people from top clubs knocking on the door....

If Andy Carroll was called Andrei Karel and wed bought him for £500k from the Lithuanian Second Division when he was 17 he wouldnt get half the stick he does.

Absolutely spot on. There are some who would still have Xisco back, despite him being ridiculed in Spain in recent weeks.

No, theres a definite section of our support who believe foreign kids must be world beaters in the making and local lads must be s****.

No, there’s a definite section of our support who believe foreign kids must be world beaters in the making and local lads must be shite.

Works equally the other way IMO. Steven Taylor was given a much longer stay of execution than a foreign defender of his early ability would have been.