West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gemmill

Is he supposed to stand at the match all miserable and sulky? As if thats going to happen regardless of how he feels, he'd be lynched by the Liverpool fans.

How people are almost letting MA off with this one is incredible. I dont understand the whole chain of events ending with the transfer request either - but the fact that NOT ONCE did we state as a club that Carroll was not for sale says clearly we were prepared to sell him all along.

When the first bid came in, where was the club statement stating our prize asset was categorically not for sale?

Face it, we've been fucked over again by MA, and come the summer people will have forgotten the promises about getting 'every penny' of the £35m and we'll be lucky to spend £8m.

This is Mike-Ashley-Online.com.  Don't speak out of turn about the man that's laying the foundations for long term future success at NUFC.

:lol: at the people complaining at the lad smiling ffs.  Ridiculous.

Is he supposed to stand at the match all miserable and sulky? As if thats going to happen regardless of how he feels, he'd be lynched by the Liverpool fans.

How people are almost letting MA off with this one is incredible. I dont understand the whole chain of events ending with the transfer request either - but the fact that NOT ONCE did we state as a club that Carroll was not for sale says clearly we were prepared to sell him all along.

When the first bid came in, where was the club statement stating our prize asset was categorically not for sale?

Face it, we've been fucked over again by MA, and come the summer people will have forgotten the promises about getting 'every penny' of the £35m and we'll be lucky to spend £8m.

This is Mike-Ashley-Online.com.  Don't speak out of turn about the man that's laying the foundations for long term future success at NUFC.

Come off it man, the vast majority don't think that at all. There are just as many people on Toontastic who stick up for him as well.

Guest Gemmill

Come off it man, the vast majority don't think that at all. There are just as many people on Toontastic who stick up for him as well.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that fucking fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that fucking fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

Carroll left the club he said he loves despite barely being into a very decent, long contract and giving up the #9 shirt. Are you seriously suggesting there shouldn't be people pissed off at him at least in part for this?

This is Mike-Ashley-Online.com.  Don't speak out of turn about the man that's laying the foundations for long term future success at NUFC.

:lol: at the people complaining at the lad smiling ffs.  Ridiculous.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that fucking fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

You ever been forced to sign anything? Not that I am suggesting you are blind, of course.

Guest Gemmill

The poll on this thread tells a story though.

Same old story then... laying any blame on Carroll = support for the owners :rolleyes:

Laying the blame exclusively on Carroll, as 44% have done, shows an inability to assess the situation at best.  Support for the owner at worst.

Same old story then... laying any blame on Carroll = support for the owners :rolleyes:

Laying the blame exclusively on Carroll, as 44% have done, shows an inability to assess the situation at best.  Support for the owner at worst.

:thup:

Face it, we've been f***ed over again by MA, and come the summer people will have forgotten the promises about getting 'every penny' of the £35m and we'll be lucky to spend £8m.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that f***ing fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

It's not supporting Ashley to not blame him for something he didn't do man for fuck sake :lol:

"What, You dont think Ashley was key figure in the watergate scandal? Your support of the man is shocking, sir."

Laying the blame exclusively on Carroll, as 44% have done, shows an inability to assess the situation at best.  Support for the owner at worst.

You are an accountant? 44% = exclusive? Interesting thought process. (edit, re-read it, though there is a problem with the question. Personally I lay the blame with Carroll more than the other options having seen Mac, Waddle etc leave. At least they had an excuse.  Carroll is a greedy cock. The lad is cunt. So is the owner

Guest Gemmill

Carroll left the club he said he loves despite barely being into a very decent, long contract and giving up the #9 shirt. Are you seriously suggesting there shouldn't be people pissed off at him at least in part for this?

I think it's ridiculous to expect him to knock back what amounts to a difference of £14m in wages alone over the course of the 5 years.  It was the club's responsibility to a) not put the deal in front of him, or b ) accept that his value had changed once Liverpool offered that contract, and acted to secure their asset.  They failed on both counts.  At that stage, I don't blame the player for leaving at all.

Guest guinness_fiend

wouldn't read too much into a photo, but that is as forced a smile as you'll ever see. looks like he's about to cry in that 2nd one.

Nah, he's just an ugly cunt.

Guest Gemmill

You are an accountant? 44% = exclusive? Interesting thought process. The lad is cunt. So is the owner

Is this kid care in the community?

I think it's ridiculous to expect him to knock back what amounts to a difference of £14m in wages alone over the course of the 5 years.  It was the club's responsibility to a) not put the deal in front of him, or b ) accept that his value had changed once Liverpool offered that contract, and acted to secure their asset.  They failed on both counts.  At that stage, I don't blame the player for leaving at all.

Yep. If an asset is worth £35m you've got to either look after it or, if you feel it's maximised, sell it.

They cashed in.

Said the same from day one. I don't blame Carroll for leaving when it was clear he wasn't appropriately appreciated/valued where he was.

Yep. If an asset is worth £35m you've got to either look after it or, if you feel it's maximised, sell it.

They cashed in.

Said the same from day one. I don't blame Carroll for leaving when it was clear he wasn't appropriately appreciated/valued where he was.

ah so just hand out new contracts every couple of months completely breaking a well established wage structure what a way to run a club

Carroll could be on the end of more aggro because we all know the owners are cunts (Carroll included), yet he still turned his back on the club.

There isn't any question of who gets 'support' here and it doesn't mean they are trusted.

They cashed in.

ah so just hand out new contracts every couple of months completely breaking a well established wage structure what a way to run a club

Will we need to when it's highly unusual for a players value/reputation to rocket in such a short timeframe? I doubt it.

I completely agree with you. I just don't think it's fair to portray everyone on here (or indeed the prerogative of the entire site) as supporters of Mike Ashley. It's bollocks. Nearly everyone hates the cunt, just like on Toontastic.