West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

on the subject of number 9's, always thought imre varadi was underrated. my first real toon hero - gutted when he was sold.

Yeah he was one of my favourites too, rumours though at the time about him and KK's wife and other wives, not sure if they were true, but can't really complain too much about Varadi's replacement, Beardsley.

Wish he'd get a haircut. Pleased for him though.

Look what happened to Matty "Zidane" Pattison when he got his hair cut  :no:

True, turned shit when he shaved that poodle off.

The Number 9 shirt should be given to the main striker at the club at that time. That happens to be Carroll at the minute so I've not got a problem with it at all.  It will always represent the state of the club at the time and the fact that it's now Andy Carroll speaks volumes about where we are as a club at the minute. This is where we are so let's just get on with it.

Best of luck to the lad. :)

To some extent it suggests that we're not in the market for a new striker, which would be a big worry. Right now i'd say we're best off pairing Carroll and Shola, but I can't really see either hitting double figures.

But I have no problem with him getting the no.9 shirt. He was excellent in the latter half of last season and a big factor in us finishing first.

To some extent it suggests that we're not in the market for a new striker, which would be a big worry. Right now i'd say we're best off pairing Carroll and Shola, but I can't really see either hitting double figures.

But I have no problem with him getting the no.9 shirt. He was excellent in the latter half of last season and a big factor in us finishing first.

I don't think Hughton was in the market for a 'traditional number 9' anyway. A second striker/new Lovenkrands i think we'd buy if we were buying a forward.