West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what's the point with that clause then?  :lol: Just like he would ever be sold for more than £35m.

Its pointless, and I see no reason why Mike and Dekka even bothered to include it.

I firmly believe they were taking the piss, having a bit of fun at Liverpool's expense.

I honestly wouldn't be able to maintain a straight face whilst talking to them about the possible existence of a universe in which Carroll was worth *more than* £35m.

Top stuff.

Newcastle consider improved bid for Liverpool striker Carroll as ...‎

Shields Gazette - 7 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United were today weighing up an increased offer for Andy Carroll ... Liverpool – who paid United £35m for the striker in January last year – want

The 25% sell on clause applies to any profit over 35 million

MohammedLFCFan ‏@MohammedLFCFan

@TonyBarretTimes Hey Tony , Mirror report that #NUFC had a 25 per cent sell-on clause from AC sale , any idea if this true or not ?

3h Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes

@MohammedLFCFan Yes but it only applies if there's a profit, ie Carroll is sold for over £35m which is never going to happen.

I don't believe that myself. If someone from NUFC or LFC come out and confirm it then okay, but as has been said, there's no point in even including a sell of fee for any profit. I'd be very surprised.

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool on the other hand would have agreed to a deal including a 25% of any future transfer fee clause after already parting with a massive 35 million. That woud mean they would only ever make a profit on Carroll if they managed to sell him for upwards of 46,6 million. :lol:

But then, I also fail to see why they would loan him out for the season for 2 million without a guaranteed sale at the end of it (when they're writing off nearly four times that much on the player's value during the same period). Rodgers must really not rate him at all.. :lol:

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool on the other hand would have agreed to a deal including a 25% of any future transfer fee clause after already parting with a massive 35 million. That woud mean they would only ever make a profit on Carroll if they managed to sell him for upwards of 46,6 million. :lol:

But then, I also fail to see why they would loan him out for the season for 2 million without a guaranteed sale at the end of it (when they're writing off nearly four times that much on the player's value during the same period). Rodgers must really not rate him at all.. :lol:

When LFC bought Andy Carroll it was never about selling him or making a profit, they genuinely thought they bought a player who'd go on to retire there, this is why the clause is so believable for me, i've never doubted it, they are that up themselves.

Guest Archie

When LFC bought Andy Carroll it was never about selling him or making a profit, they genuinely thought they bought a player who'd go on to retire there, this is why the clause is so believable for me, i've never doubted it, they are that up themselves.

spot on, they saw him as torrent replacement and their #9 for the next 10 years. Any sell-on fee would be of purely academic interest.

This all spectacularily went to shit, but at the time its perfectly believeable.

I just can't see Liverpool selling or even loaning him to us. I'd think they'd rather he went to West Ham but the player won't leave if he doesn't agree it, which appears to be the issue.

I can see him staying at Liverpool & fighting for his place, probably then available for a lesser fee in January.

spot on, they saw him as torrent replacement and their #9 for the next 10 years. Any sell-on fee would be of purely academic interest.

This all spectacularily went to s***, but at the time its perfectly believeable.

You're entitled to believe whatever you want. I just don't think Liverpool wouldn't have given a clause that was likely to cost them millions down the line more than a second thought. The fact it's only ever been reported by one source and not mentioned by Dekka who was desperate to paint this transfer in the best light possible makes me very skeptical about its existence (as a flat out 25% of next transfer fee, not profit based).

I just hope West Ham can secure a deal soon. If they don't, we will be linked until deadline day and we could end up with nothing. Wouldn't be the first time we've done that.

If West Ham signed him tomorrow we would have ample time to switch to other targets and no excuse for ending the window short on strikers.

Guest firetotheworks

We've just signed Good and already I want us to sell him. It's gonna be 6 years of this 'Good' shit.

Guest BooBoo

We've just signed Good and already I want us to sell him. It's gonna be 6 years of this 'Good' shit.

Hopefully.