West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They paid £30m up front wasn't it? Could explain why we've supposedly offered so much less than West Ham. Write off the outstanding £5m?

Dekka -

We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.

They said at the time it was £30m up front and that Dekka quote was from when he was out on the lash acting all billy bigtime and and the conversation was taped.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/30/andy-carroll-west-ham-liverpool

Andy Carroll will resist £19m West Ham deal to sign him from Liverpool

• Clubs talk about loan followed by signing at end of season

• England striker would prefer to return to Newcastle United

David Hytner

guardian.co.uk, Monday 30 July 2012 23.21 BST

Andy Carroll will resist a move to West Ham United, even though Liverpool have accepted a bid from the London club that appeared to signal the end of the striker's time at Anfield. Liverpool have told West Ham that they can have Carroll on loan for the season in exchange for £2m, but that West Ham must then pay a further £17m to make the deal permanent if they retain their Premier League status.

The Merseyside club had maintained that they would not loan out Carroll, for whom they paid £35m to Newcastle United,but West Ham's proposal is an acceptable compromise to them. There would be no mere option for West Ham to buy Carroll next summer; if they remained a Premier League club, they would be legally bound to sign him.

The deal would be a coup for West Hamon their return to the top division, a signing to dwarf their previous record outlay, which was the £9m they paid to Brescia for Savio Nsereko in 2009 during Gianfranco Zola's managerial tenure. Nsereko did not settle and he was promptly sold to Fiorentina.

West Ham, though, have work to do to convince Carroll that he ought to move to Upton Park. Carroll would like to prove himself at Liverpool and, if he were reluctantly to accept that he had no future under the new manager Brendan Rodgers, he would want to join a club that could offer European football.

Newcastle have been prominent among the clubs to have monitored Carroll's situation – the manager, Alan Pardew, has consistently spoken highly of him – and Carroll would be receptive to a move back to St James' Park, even if they will play only in next season's Europa League.

In agreeing to West Ham's £19m package, Liverpool have advertised their bottom line price and they may hope to generate an auction, although it is unclear whether Newcastle would agree to at least match the figure. Carroll's wages may also be a problem at St James' Park. His weekly pay went from £20,000 to £80,000 when he joined Liverpool, and that puts him considerably above Newcastle's basic wage ceiling. West Ham would be more confident of satisfying Carroll's financial terms.

The West Ham charm offensive will be led by the manager, Sam Allardyce, and the captain, Kevin Nolan, who have the same agent as Carroll. Nolan is a close friend of Carroll's, having played with him at Newcastle, and he has urged him to make the move to London. Rodgers has done his utmost to say the right things about Carroll but he is prepared to plan for Liverpool's future without him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/30/andy-carroll-west-ham-liverpool

Andy Carroll will resist £19m West Ham deal to sign him from Liverpool

• Clubs talk about loan followed by signing at end of season

• England striker would prefer to return to Newcastle United

David Hytner

guardian.co.uk, Monday 30 July 2012 23.21 BST

Andy Carroll will resist a move to West Ham United, even though Liverpool have accepted a bid from the London club that appeared to signal the end of the striker's time at Anfield. Liverpool have told West Ham that they can have Carroll on loan for the season in exchange for £2m, but that West Ham must then pay a further £17m to make the deal permanent if they retain their Premier League status.

The Merseyside club had maintained that they would not loan out Carroll, for whom they paid £35m to Newcastle United,but West Ham's proposal is an acceptable compromise to them. There would be no mere option for West Ham to buy Carroll next summer; if they remained a Premier League club, they would be legally bound to sign him.

The deal would be a coup for West Hamon their return to the top division, a signing to dwarf their previous record outlay, which was the £9m they paid to Brescia for Savio Nsereko in 2009 during Gianfranco Zola's managerial tenure. Nsereko did not settle and he was promptly sold to Fiorentina.

West Ham, though, have work to do to convince Carroll that he ought to move to Upton Park. Carroll would like to prove himself at Liverpool and, if he were reluctantly to accept that he had no future under the new manager Brendan Rodgers, he would want to join a club that could offer European football.

Newcastle have been prominent among the clubs to have monitored Carroll's situation – the manager, Alan Pardew, has consistently spoken highly of him – and Carroll would be receptive to a move back to St James' Park, even if they will play only in next season's Europa League.

In agreeing to West Ham's £19m package, Liverpool have advertised their bottom line price and they may hope to generate an auction, although it is unclear whether Newcastle would agree to at least match the figure. Carroll's wages may also be a problem at St James' Park. His weekly pay went from £20,000 to £80,000 when he joined Liverpool, and that puts him considerably above Newcastle's basic wage ceiling. West Ham would be more confident of satisfying Carroll's financial terms.

The West Ham charm offensive will be led by the manager, Sam Allardyce, and the captain, Kevin Nolan, who have the same agent as Carroll. Nolan is a close friend of Carroll's, having played with him at Newcastle, and he has urged him to make the move to London. Rodgers has done his utmost to say the right things about Carroll but he is prepared to plan for Liverpool's future without him.

he could be forced into moving.....again.

He is worth around 8m max and only as a squad player. We can do better. Best was a better option and a better all-rounder. english football transfers and football values = madness.

Bullshit and utter drivel. Carroll with backing and confidence is unplayable. 8 mill max and Best better ffs. Sometimes I wonder if people suffer from acute amnesia.

I`d love to have him back and I believe he can become a true great if he digs his heels in and takes fotball seriously. Heaven or hell its all up to you Andy.

He is barely in his twenties and already one of the most physically dominant strikers in the league while binging every weekend, add to that he is just 180 lbs and 6`2.  Imagine with a proper diet and cardio/weights training. Could easily become the next Christian Vieri.

Biggest insult ever to Christian Vieri, he was far better technically than Carroll will ever be. Also i disagree with almost everythng else you said.

He is worth around 8m max and only as a squad player. We can do better. Best was a better option and a better all-rounder. english football transfers and football values = madness.

Bullshit and utter drivel. Carroll with backing and confidence is unplayable. 8 mill max and Best better ffs. Sometimes I wonder if people suffer from acute amnesia.

I`d love to have him back and I believe he can become a true great if he digs his heels in and takes fotball seriously. Heaven or hell its all up to you Andy.

He is barely in his twenties and already one of the most physically dominant strikers in the league while binging every weekend, add to that he is just 180 lbs and 6`2.  Imagine with a proper diet and cardio/weights training. Could easily become the next Christian Vieri.

:lol: He has a better chance of becoming the next Christian Dior than the next Christian Vieri.

This one will run and run like all our other transfer stories. The possible 5m still owed as Dave's pointed out plus this 25% sell on clause, throw in some brinkmanship and as it gets closer to the window if we tweak the offer slightly I could see Carroll ending up here.

Ofcourse things will become clearer when the Ba situation potentially draws to a close tonight.

Guest Archie

with them owing us say 5-6 mill and a 25% discount I can see why we are in for him tbh.

Andy Carroll for say 10 mill after discounts is not a bad deal for a 23 year old international who wants nothing more than to play for us...

He also has - whisper it - great potential resale value.. :snod:

Still can't believe the 25% sell-on is true like.. what an audacity :lol:

Comolli should retire and never ever set foot in this country just for agreeing that deal.

No, he should find a new job and agree to buy more of our players in future.

He ranks alongside your Grant Holts, Fletchers, Doyles etc. in terms of genuine ability, players who although decent enough in certain ways and in certain circumstances, a club like ours with eyes on the top 6 and European football, who is used to top quality forwards, should never ever consider for silly money.

Leon was a canny lad and did ok for us, but frankly that statement is ridiculous, or even horse plop as someone said earlier.

Guest Archie

Lets just include Lovenkrants in that as well, more wellrounded and a more natural fotballer perhaps..

How much is andy carroll worth then. 4.5 mill?

Incredibly harsh on someone who basically financed our whole CL-chasing campaign and wants nothing more than to play for NUFC again.

He is a young lad who got his head turned, people make mistakes.  Criminals get a second chance, why not Andy.

Come home lad  :snod:

He ranks alongside your Grant Holts, Fletchers, Doyles etc. in terms of genuine ability, players who although decent enough in certain ways and in certain circumstances, a club like ours with eyes on the top 6 and European football, who is used to top quality forwards, should never ever consider for silly money.

Leon was a canny lad and did ok for us, but frankly that statement is ridiculous, or even horse plop as someone said earlier.

He scored more league goals for us than Carroll has for Liverpool :shifty:

with them owing us say 5-6 mill and a 25% discount I can see why we are in for him tbh.

Andy Carroll for say 10 mill after discounts is not a bad deal for a 23 year old international who wants nothing more than to play for us...

I don't understand this argument. If we are still owed an installment from Liverpool then if we're deducting it from any reverse transfer fee, we're effectively still paying it. The 25% sell on fee, which I don't believe exists, would in theory mean that from Liverpool's perspective they would sell to us for X-25% if X is the least they want to receive, but that's just the financial side of it, and I think Liverpool would in effect be loath of the idea of selling him back to us at a huge loss, and would much rather offload him elsewhere even if the other offer was slightly less financially attractive to them. Whatever happens next is, however, fully dependent on Carroll's wishes, not Liverpool's.

Guest Archie

I don't understand this argument. If we are still owed an installment from Liverpool then if we're deducting it from any reverse transfer fee, we're effectively still paying it. The 25% sell on fee, which I don't believe exists, would in theory mean that from Liverpool's perspective they would sell to us for X-25% if X is the least they want to receive, but that's just the financial side of it, and I think Liverpool would in effect be loath of the idea of selling him back to us at a huge loss, and would much rather offload him elsewhere even if the other offer was slightly less financially attractive to them. Whatever happens next is, however, fully dependent on Carroll's wishes, not Liverpool's.

The installment is just a way of getting the money faster I guess,  I wasnt really including that re: after discounts.  The 25% sell-on clause exists imo, if it didnt we wouldnt have been interested.  I believe the reason we are in for him is because Mike and Dekka well know that he doesnt want to go anywhere else, not to any of the interested clubs anyway. With the pricetag involved, the only ones in for him are us West ham and possibly stoke ( though I doubt they could stomach the price).

With the discount and any other move being a total non-goer, Mike and Del Boy can lowball Liverpool which is precisely what they are doing ( while laughing their arses off at the office).

Guessing our limit would be 15-16 mill minus discounts and with the added bonus of settling the debt liverpool owe us for carroll straight away. Final outlay likely to be 6-7 million or thereabouts.

I think this xfer is a goer, carroll wants to come here ( and only here), liverpool wants rid and that clause ensures good value. They will probably offer him to everyone else first though, but at that price its a no-goer.

Guest PhilB

MohammedLFCFan ‏@MohammedLFCFan

@TonyBarretTimes Hey Tony , Mirror report that #NUFC had a 25 per cent sell-on clause from AC sale , any idea if this true or not ?

3h Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes

@MohammedLFCFan Yes but it only applies if there's a profit, ie Carroll is sold for over £35m which is never going to happen.

Guest firetotheworks

Page 888

The subtitle reads "Characters speak incoherently again about existence of sell on clause"

Guest Archie

So what's the point with that clause then?  :lol: Just like he would ever be sold for more than £35m.

Its pointless, and I see no reason why Mike and Dekka even bothered to include it.

At the prices touted without that clause being in relation to  any fee, we would not be interested.

If there is a clause, its a  general sell-on fee Imo.  Suspect journos are being fed lies by Liverpool so that they avoid (even more) ridicule from Comollis comedy contract negotiations.