West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't see what all the negativity is about. If we had the option of Carroll, Ba and Cisse it will only make us stronger. I think he would up his game if he came back here as well, still only 23. I can remember Shearer going through a really bad drought and people saying he was finished, once he got his head right he was back banging the goals in.

Comparing Shearer to Carroll though. :lol:

It really is. Its all well and good to have a debate on whether he is good enough, but the dealings of fotball is a bit more complex than " if player X is so good why arent club Y in for him"

Probably 30 odd strikers only in europe good enough to bang em in for any top-4 club. Doesnt mean you can buy them all. You spend your money and make your choices!

Its lazy arguing

It wasn't the only argument I put though was it? If you just look through the last couple of pages you'll see a lot more.

`West Ham are still trying to persuade Carroll to join them after having a £2m loan offer accepted by Liverpool.`

offer 1.5m for 12month loan?  if tthey (dekka et al) wanna penny pinch, sure that is good value.  AC can easily get 12-15 goals during the season.(in all competitions).  Management here seem like muppets  at times.

We live or die on getting the best possible deal. The club has been raped so badly in the past due to upper managerial ineptitude when it comes to sales and purchases, they have gone to the other extreme.  Breaking policy breaks credibility for future deals, in their eyes.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I don't see what all the negativity is about. If we had the option of Carroll, Ba and Cisse it will only make us stronger. I think he would up his game if he came back here as well, still only 23. I can remember Shearer going through a really bad drought and people saying he was finished, once he got his head right he was back banging the goals in.

Comparing Shearer to Carroll though. :lol:

I wasn't comparing them as players Tooj, I was comparing the situation Carroll is currently in, reminded me of a similar situation Shearer was in. Its reminds me of where Torres is at as well, I hope Torres and Andy both turn the corner like Shearer did, just not against us.

Probably the best scenario for us. Cost far too much for my liking, will be with a manager who clearly doesnt want him and he would have done very well at West Ham as they would have built the team around him like we did.

He used to play for a club where he was loved. Well, that resulted in a transfer request from the big lad. Now that he plays for a club where he's not wanted, he wants to fight for his place. Aaaah. That is just too funny. He's like a woman. I don't get him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19075878

West Ham concede defeat in chase for Liverpool's Andy Carroll

By Ben Smith BBC Sport

West Ham have conceded defeat in their bid to sign Liverpool's Andy Carroll.

Despite the clubs agreeing terms over a proposed £2m loan deal , the 23-year-old striker has told the newly promoted Premier League club that he has no intention of joining them.

Newcastle retain an active interest in Carroll but will not pay over the odds for the man they sold for £35m in 2011.

With the start of the new season less than a fortnight away, Carroll's future looks increasingly unclear.

The England international continues to train with the Liverpool squad as he seeks to overcome a minor groin injury.

It remains to be seen whether he plays any part in Thursday's Europa League qualifier against FC Gomel at Anfield with Liverpool going into the match with a 1-0 advantage from the first leg.

Uefa rules allow a player to represent one club in the Europa League qualifying round and another in the group stages.

That means Carroll could play for Liverpool during qualifying and still potentially play for Newcastle, who have secured a place in the play-offs.

Newcastle remain confident that if Carroll leaves Anfield he is interested only in returning to Tyneside.

Liverpool, who signed Carroll for a club record £35m in January 2011, have already turned a previous Newcastle bid to re-sign the player.

this could be whats holding everything else up (anita,debuchy). we need a forward, full back, centre mid, if we get the forward for a loan fee it could well free up a bit for those others. however i can understand liverpool holding out as long as possible in the hope someone comes in with any sort of offer rather than lose face in loaning him back to us.