West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brendan_Rice

Problem is that I think he needs to play every week. He needs to be the main man, and assuming we're going 4-4-2 I don't think either of Ba or Cisse deserve to be rotated. I don't think they'd like it either.

As things stand I think we'll try again for Carroll right at the death in an attempt to get Liverpool to give in and bite the bullet. We're miles apart in terms of valuation though, so it seems doomed to fail.

If we stay in Europe we will have a lot of matches, rotation will be a must. Healthy having a bit of competition between the strikers as well.

Guest bimpy474

Problem is that I think he needs to play every week. He needs to be the main man, and assuming we're going 4-4-2 I don't think either of Ba or Cisse deserve to be rotated. I don't think they'd like it either.

As things stand I think we'll try again for Carroll right at the death in an attempt to get Liverpool to give in. We're miles apart in terms of valuation though, so it seems doomed to fail.

Isn't the reason you have three decent strikers, rotate then to suit who you are playing against. We have enough games to not flog them 2 of them into the ground like Artie Ziff so there knackered by February.

As things stand I think we'll try again for Carroll right at the death in an attempt to get Liverpool to give in and bite the bullet. We're miles apart in terms of valuation though, so it seems doomed to fail.

probably be playing much more 4-4-2 indeed if we had AC back.  What is he going to do? stick 10 million pound cisse on the bench and play Ba out left in a 4-3-3,  he wont play all three upfront.  so it will be 4-4-2 formation.  not really  a bad thing of course but getting abit unpopular with our fans here on this forum

Liverpool are completely screwed on this.

Carroll doesn't strike me as the sort who will care if he's threatened with not playing football.

He will just bum about until they let him return to Newcastle. The guy clearly has no desire to play anywhere else especially considering how things turned out at Liverpool.

Will Liverpool really let him bum around until January, where the offer will only be less than it is now?

Let's see how stupid Liverpool really are.

Guest bimpy474

Pretty plain that Rodgers doesn't rate or want Carroll. He will move before the deadline imo, its just to who.

no where because no team in the top 4 wants him.  and i doubt the teams outside the top 4 will match the wages he's on at liverpool or the transfer value.

he made it clear AC wont leave on a loan.

Those quotes though, sound like he wants the wages off if he cant sell him. Even if it does mean a season loan.

Just trying to read between the lines of what Rodgers said.

wont read anything rodgers is saying, he's clearly deluded and probably expect atleast 20 mill for the lad.  i find it strange why he cant fit AC in the way he wants his team to play.  AC is very underated footballer, he's not just a beanpole who gets on the end of things from long balls.

Funnily enough lots on here seem to think he's one dimensional. I agree with you he is much better than that.

Peerless in the air, very sweet left foot and one of the hardest working forwards I've ever seen.

Yeah spot on. Dont understand the "we will smash it up field and he will change our style" brigade. Never did with him here before.

It came from his time at Liverpool, when he first joined they used to smash it up to him every time, I think it was because their midfield was so s****.

Aye, and what "magorific" just posted too. Dalglish's utter s*** management and team selection done AC no favours.

I can remember the season he took us up and the first half of the next season, his first touch was good, he was always looking to get on the ball and his confidence was sky high. He went to Liverpool and Carragher kept booting it past midfield hoping Carroll could do something with it. His first touch seemed to get piss poor and he wasn't making the right runs. Think the Liverpool way wasn't right for him.

Thing is, the season we went up he was what 20 ?. Kid was learning his trade, he was bound to make mistakes and look raw.

As you say, Liverpool was the wrong move for him at the time but money talks i guess.

Thing is I think Carroll with either of the two of them would be a better partnership than Ba and Cisse are.

And to hell with the not liking being rotated. Play well and force the manager to keep picking you. Competition is a good thing, frankly I'd be concerned about the mental strength of any player who took a huff because they had competition brought in for their place.

Guest bimpy474

I just think I'd be a hell of a lot of money to pay for rotation. I'd be much happier with a more affordable young player who is hungry, quick and prepared to run the channels.

Same here, i'm only talking as if it was Carroll coming in. If we were to spend up to £15m, i would rather have the striker you describe and a RB for that money.

Thing is I think Carroll with either of the two of them would be a better partnership than Ba and Cisse are.

And to hell with the not liking being rotated. Play well and force the manager to keep picking you. Competition is a good thing, frankly I'd be concerned about the mental strength of any player who took a huff because they had competition brought in for their place.

In principle I totally agree, but we've already seen that Pardew seems willing to pander to Ba with this whole 'he wants to play through the middle and he will' 4-4-2 thing.

In principle I totally agree, but we've already seen that Pardew seems willing to pander to Ba with this whole 'he wants to play through the middle and he will' 4-4-2 thing.

Part of me can't believe that's the only reason he's playing 4-4-2.

Do you really think a manager would play what he believes is a weaker system in order to keep one player happy? I know it seems that way, it really does, but it's mental surely?

Part of me can't believe that's the only reason he's playing 4-4-2.

Do you really think a manager would play what he believes is a weaker system in order to keep one player happy? I know it seems that way, it really does, but it's mental surely?

He's playing the percentages with 442. Two deadly finishers like our boys up front in the penalty area is bound to get us goals. That's the way he sees it imo.

So basically, the small linked quotes that we got this afternoon now make little sense :lol: . I mean little sense in the way they were put out to us, that the deal was more or less dead. When they're expanded and the rest come out, it looks as Pardew thinks we have a chance?

When Alan Pardew was asked about Carroll on Wedneday the Newcastle manager's answers proved ambiguous. "I've always said it's not really down to me," he said. "Would I want him in my squad? Of course I would. Probably every Premier League manager in the country would want him in their squad. But can the business deal be done? That's nothing to do with me."

When Alan Pardew was asked about Carroll on Wedneday the Newcastle manager's answers proved ambiguous. "I've always said it's not really down to me," he said. "Would I want him in my squad? Of course I would. Probably every Premier League manager in the country would want him in their squad. But can the business deal be done? That's nothing to do with me."

Same with any deal then.  ???

I think we'd get the same Carroll that Liverpool paid for almost instantly. A big part of him playing for us is he is a fan he'll always have that extra amount of effort playing for us because we're his. If he leaves Liverpool it'll only be back here IMO

I think we'd get the same Carroll that Liverpool paid for almost instantly. A big part of him playing for us is he is a fan he'll always have that extra amount of effort playing for us because we're his. If he leaves Liverpool it'll only be back here IMO

Who else? Roy Carroll?