West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It all depends if Carroll accepts I suppose, if we've spoken to him he may reject it, awaiting our bid, could be a twist in this. Not that I want him to preserve the cretins job any longer.

It all depends if Carroll accepts I suppose, if we've spoken to him he may reject it, awaiting our bid, could be a twist in this. Not that I want him to preserve the cretins job any longer.

Why on earth would Liverpool accept an offer from us? We won't be paying £15m for anyone.

Can we have a list of alternative really tall strikers that balls can be hammered to. Must be a few in lower leagues, or what about Diabeties from Bordeaux, he would really take the biscuit

Peter Crouch likes this.

Can we have a list of alternative really tall strikers that balls can be hammered to. Must be a few in lower leagues, or what about Diabeties from Bordeaux, he would really take the biscuit

Peter Crouch likes this.

Oh fuck. Or he may go for Jonathon Walters or try and get Ricky Lambert. Maybe Grant Holt or that other doofus that plays at Norwich

Guest hatem garrincha

Why on earth would Liverpool accept an offer from us? We won't be paying £15m for anyone.

£15m for Caroll aren't justified imho. Limited footballer for limited managers (Allardyce, Pardew)

If he rejects West Ham we wouldn't have to match their bid, just hypothesising of course, because, as you said I doubt they would want to do business with us. There's a lot of factors still in play so I'm not counting my chickens, but with any luck he'll go there. I wouldn't mind him here as I said, but that would just be pandering after Pardew and where he's concerned I would cut off my proverbial nose to spite.

Guest Armchair Pundit

My head says we could get better for cheaper but my heart says if we don't match West Ham's offer and bring him home we'll be missing out.

I thought the supposed clause only came into effect if they sold him for £35m+?

I don't think there'll be a sell-on clause in a deal worth that much tbh.

Guest hatem garrincha

May as well get fat f***ing Sam back at this rate. And Nolan. And Barton. And of course Mr Smith.

Why the f*** anyone (mainly pardoo) would want him back is beyond me

Despite doing pretty well for us and being more than a battering ram, he's not a cool enough name for the majority on here. I voted second option down but it massively depends on what the budget is (probably fuck all) and how we're going to playing next season (probably shite).

We'd improve either way with someone who can hold the ball up properly though IMO. Only problem with is that Cisse would then not fit in.

Despite doing pretty well for us and being more than a battering ram, he's not a cool enough name for the majority on here. I voted second option down but it massively depends on what the budget is (probably fuck all) and how we're going to playing next season (probably shite).

We'd improve either way with someone who can hold the ball up properly though IMO. Only problem with is that Cisse would then not fit in.

One of the biggest problems to address this summer, whether or not Pardew stays, is the fact that we tend to buy players because they're a good price rather than based on where they fit into the side. Having talented players isn't enough, we need to make some decisions on how we want to play and what the ambitions are. And do our deals around that.