West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's scoring record so far for WHam is just under 1 in 4, Carlton Cole's is just over 1 in 4.

Also, apart from 2 assists against already relegated Reading at home on the last day of the season he managed 2 assists all season. Same as Carlton Cole.

Now, i'm not saying he definitely wouldn't be a success here, but given the money being talked about, i would say there are other players worth taking a risk on.

And the first criteria would be, don't look for a player who spends his time in recuperation from injury as a piss artist. You know, just your basic professional attitude required.

I know you shouldn't take the word of a snake-oil merchant like Allardyce, but didn't he say something like them not being able to afford him and comply with the FFP rules?

Of course they can afford him,West Ham are looking for a reduction from the agreed price.

It always seemed to me like bullshit West Ham could not afford him.

Just to put this into perspective, £15m this season would have bought any of the following:

Lukas Podolski

Olivier Giroud

Christian Benteke

Victor Moses

Demba Ba

Dimitar Berbatov

Wilfried Zaha

Loic Remy

Emmanuel Adebayor

Clint Dempsey

Shinji Kagawa

That's just from the PL.  Way better ways we could spend that cash.

Carroll is obviously a handful in the air, but I'm not that convinced his hold up play would bring that much to our play. He's big but he's not very clever with the ball. I can remember even when he was here a lot of his flicks went into empty space. His main value was at set pieces where Nolan had time to get into the penalty area and latch onto the loose balls.

Just to put this into perspective, £15m this season would have bought any of the following:

Lukas Podolski

Olivier Giroud

Christian Benteke

Victor Moses

Demba Ba

Dimitar Berbatov

Wilfried Zaha

Loic Remy

Emmanuel Adebayor

Clint Dempsey

Shinji Kagawa

This

He'd be better at getting on the end of the balls providing and holding it up on the pitch. Don't think he'd be any less isolated than Cisse has been though. He'd be crowded out no matter how big or imposing he is; based on this seasons tactical appraisal. 

Lukas Podolski

Olivier Giroud

Christian Benteke

Victor Moses

Demba Ba

Dimitar Berbatov

Wilfried Zaha

Loic Remy

Emmanuel Adebayor

Clint Dempsey

Shinji Kagawa

List is a bit pointless as one of them players actually wanted to leave to us and another knocked us back.

Out of that list I reckon we could've signed of Dimitar Berbatov & Christian Benteke.

Guest neesy111

I refuse to believe that Liverpool are willing to sell to us after the shambles of a deal it's turned out for them.

It all depends if Carroll accepts I suppose, if we've spoken to him he may reject it, awaiting our bid, could be a twist in this. Not that I want him to preserve the cretins job any longer.

Why on earth would Liverpool accept an offer from us? We won't be paying £15m for anyone.

Didn't you make similar statements before we signed Cisse?

I had a bet with madras that in the 2011 summer we'd not sign a player for over £8m. He still owes me that pint.

Guest neesy111

It all depends if Carroll accepts I suppose, if we've spoken to him he may reject it, awaiting our bid, could be a twist in this. Not that I want him to preserve the cretins job any longer.

Why on earth would Liverpool accept an offer from us? We won't be paying £15m for anyone.

I had a bet with madras that in the 2011 summer we'd not sign a player for over £8m. He still owes me that pint.

Where is madras these days?

Edit:  Just seen he's active, must be avoiding him. :bluestar:

We still haven't either :(

Guest bimpy474

I would have thought Dave not being bought that pint was a give away like.

The bet was just that summer. Depends on how much you believe Cisse cost as to whether it's still ongoing.

If the bet was for Summer 2011, there's been 3 windows since then when we could have spent more.

The bet was just that summer. Depends on how much you believe Cisse cost as to whether it's still ongoing.

I believe Carr...

They wanted £15 million when we first enquired (he actually had a buyout clause in his contract of roughly that amount – wt), and then it was twelve, and we actually got him for eight in the last window which we thought was value for money.”

http://www.nufcblog.org/2012/04/fatty-man-the-full-graham-carr-talksport-interview-transcribed/#.UZySzqKvN8E

Guest bimpy474

Ah. A pint though, i'd insist you were right. :lol:

I refuse to believe that Liverpool are willing to sell to us after the shambles of a deal it's turned out for them.

It isnt as if we sold them a duff motor & refused to give them their money back when it conked out though is it?

I agree its turned out pretty bad for them but Jordan Henderson £15m ffs? besides, when your talking this kind of dough I cant believe that they wont adopt anything other than a pragmatic approach - should we table an offer.

The Independant report he`s stalling for a move back to the N.E. & for my money, I reckon he`ll be a Newcastle player by September.

Possibly