The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest quklaani

You're beginning to know the utterly qualified "joy" that is Louis Saha.  Honestly I'd say he's better than either Berbatov or Tevez, they just have the massiave advantage of being made of something more solid than sand.

You're beginning to know the utterly qualified "joy" that is Louis Saha.  Honestly I'd say he's better than either Berbatov or Tevez, they just have the massiave advantage of being made of something more solid than sand.

Tevez maybe but definitely no where near as creative (or good) as Berbatov.

Still can't believe we did virtually nothing for ninety minutes and robbed West Brom of a point, not good enough. I remember back in the day when I used to support Newcastle when they'd do that on occassion, those were the days.

You used to support Newcastle? What happened?

I'm sorry but West Brom are just a nonsense team. They can't defend and they can't score. Their midfield can pass the ball decently, but none of the midfield players can shoot or tackle. Their situation is due to lack of talent and lack of good tactics. Very little luck involved.

Martin Tyler was saying on Sky Sports today that WBA had a total of 3m net spending this summer. No wonder their such a poor team, such little investment.

The marking of Tim Cahill for the first goal was quite hilarious, actually.

Titus Shambles once again Wigan's star player

Decent coaching goes a long way.

Defending isn't about talent, it's about coaching, discipline and organisation, without that talent is useless. Titus had the ability, but none of the rest, now he's getting it, it's no wonder you never see him having the piss ripped out of him on MOTD or whatever.

Why did Andy O'Brien look like a kingpin at times under Bobby and Titus always looked like he was going to fuck up every two minutes?

Whilst i agree that Bruce's faith in Bramble will have helped him, the main reason why he's performing much better is because he hasn't got 50,000 people on his back.

Defending isn't about talent, it's about coaching, discipline and organisation, without that talent is useless. Titus had the ability, but none of the rest, now he's getting it, it's no wonder you never see him having the piss ripped out of him on MOTD or whatever.

Why did Andy O'Brien look like a kingpin at times under Bobby and Titus always looked like he was going to fuck up every two minutes?

Whilst i agree that Bruce's faith in Bramble will have helped him, the main reason why he's performing much better is because he hasn't got 50,000 people on his back.

Now you're doing it!! :lol:

That's also likely to be a reason.

Titus didn't always look like he was going to fuck up every two minutes, that's just how people like to remember him. I remember him getting laughed onto the pitch at Anfield and walking off it as man of the match. He had the ability, we/he just didn't make the most of it whilst he was here.

Why did Andy O'Brien look like a kingpin at times under Bobby and Titus always looked like he was going to f*** up every two minutes?

Andy O'Brien never looked like a kingpin under Bobby tbh

Why did Andy O'Brien look like a kingpin at times under Bobby and Titus always looked like he was going to f*** up every two minutes?

Andy O'Brien never looked like a kingpin under Bobby tbh

Yes he did.

I remember him getting laughed onto the pitch at Anfield and walking off it as man of the match.

Actually if memory serves me correctly, he was applauded onto the field at Anfield....by the Liverpool fans :lol:

I remember him getting laughed onto the pitch at Anfield and walking off it as man of the match.

Actually if memory serves me correctly, he was applauded onto the field at Anfield....by the Liverpool fans :lol:

correct, it was 05-06 and he walked off an hour and a half later having comfortably been our best player

Guest Stephen927

It's a shame because I like how Tony Mowbray goes about setting up his team to play decent passing football, but in the summer they really should have signed a couple of experienced Premiership players and packed the midfield and went one up top and played long ball.

Was a brave decision to give it a good shot but a stupid one ultimately.

It's a shame because I like how Tony Mowbray goes about setting up his team to play decent passing football, but in the summer they really should have signed a couple of experienced Premiership players and packed the midfield and went one up top and played long ball.

Nothing wrong with the football but without strikers who can score and defenders who can defend it's not a lot of use other than to look easy on the eye.

All about the players man. Watford did exactly that and were embarrassing. Stoke are doing this and aren't in a particularly better position than the Ablions. 

correct, it was 05-06 and he walked off an hour and a half later having comfortably been our best player

Aye, that's exactly what I was talking about.

All about the players man. Watford did exactly that and were embarrassing. Stoke are doing this and aren't in a particularly better position than the Ablions. 

Premiership experience? Damien 'moves and fucks his knee' Francis? Chris 'no legs' Powell? We played long ball because we couldn't play passing football, we had two decent wingers, a keeper and a striker (who got crocked in October). We never had a chance man. We had nowhere near enough Premiership experience, and we only played long ball because that's all we could do. Actually though, we didn't really get tonked. Only Manure, Arsenal and Chelsea away plus Liverpool at home, were the only 'embarrassing' games, and even then they weren't all that bad.  :aww:

I f***ing hate Ian (The Prophet), hacking b***tard!

To set the story straight, despite his wind-up abilities: I support Everton, I've supported Everton for as long as I can remember, my parents are from Newcastle, but grew up in Darlington.

He enjoys winding me/everyone else up.

Guest kingdawson

Fantastic couple of results for us today for Liverpool and Arsenal.

Now watch us go and lose tomorrow.

I think you'll draw (or lose).