Gerrard arrested

Shearergol

suspected rape apparently. 11 men from the newcastle area are thought to be the victims.

:lol:

When I got the email at work "Steven Gerrard arrested for assault" I assumed it was going to be a joke along those lines.

The DJ got beat up because he refused to play Phil Collins. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/29/steven-gerrard-arrest-bar-brawl-fight

A high-powered sports car – owned, it is thought, by the player – was still parked outside, with a ticket slapped on the frost-covered windscreen.

Hmmm, so either he got involved in this whilst stone cold sober, or he was wasted and planned to drive home afterwards.

At least he got a ticket, bet the twat tries to get out of that and all.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/29/steven-gerrard-arrest-bar-brawl-fight

A high-powered sports car – owned, it is thought, by the player – was still parked outside, with a ticket slapped on the frost-covered windscreen.

Hmmm, so either he got involved in this whilst stone cold sober, or he was wasted and planned to drive home afterwards.

At least he got a ticket, bet the t*** tries to get out of that and all.

I think taxis have made it to Southport. :lol:

I don't know what the thick twat was doing there in the first place, mind. That bar might be more upmarket but in general it's a crap night out and there's always trouble, typical small town at night time.

Guest toonlass

Has just received the freedom of the borough of Knowsley too. Love the comments from the Council leader. More apt after this I wonder?

Liverpool and England footballer Steven Gerrard has become only the fifth person to be honoured with the freedom of his home borough.

The 28-year-old midfielder was given the award in Knowsley in recognition of his contribution to football and for being a role model.

Council leader Ron Round said the special honour was for "truly exceptional individuals".

Gerrard said he was "really flattered" to be given the award.

Councillor Round said: "He is an excellent ambassador for Knowsley and a great role model.

"His story is one of talent, commitment and passion which has seen him grow into a world-class player.

"It sends a message out to young people everywhere that with hard work and persistence, they too can realise their dreams."

Gerrard was born and grew up on Huyton's Bluebell Estate.

He started his footballing life playing for Whiston Juniors, before being spotted by a Liverpool scout at the age of eight.

He said: "I'm very proud of my background, it's certainly helped me get to where I am today.

"Growing up on the streets of Huyton, I'll never forget where I came from.

"I think only four people have this so I am really flattered."

At least he got a ticket, bet the t*** tries to get out of that and all.

I think taxis have made it to Southport. :lol:

I don't know what the thick twat was doing there in the first place, mind. That bar might be more upmarket but in general it's a crap night out and there's always trouble, typical small town at night time.

Are you sure? It's just that in other places they're allowed to take you out as well as bring you home. If they're new to the area I guess the residents might not know that yet, but the rest of us take advantage of this by leaving our cars at home when we go out on the lash. That way if you're lucky enough to get the opportunity to beat the shit out of a DJ and end up spending a night in the cells you don't get a ticket.

Guest toonlass

Is it normal for someone who has been arrested after an assault to be held this long without bail? I thought he would have been let out by now.