Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Guest Mantis

The idea of him playing for Tottenham makes my blood boil. Hopefully not.

The thought of playing behind an even weaker squad next season probably boils his piss.

Guest LucaAltieri

if they offer £10m I'd snap their hands off

Why, is that all premiership status is worth now? Sure Shef United valued it around £30m.

if they offer £10m I'd snap their hands off

If they offer £10m, they'd be prepared to go to at least £13m.

I'd rather keep him but if he genuinely wants away then all we can do is hike the price up.  :undecided:

Guest Howaythetoon
'I have not got any unhappy players here and no one has told me anything different,' he said. 'You are presuming the statement was sanctioned by Shay and I am quite happy with what Shay told me.

'We had a chat over a coffee and he is fine, very happy. He wants to do what is best for this club.

'He will be on the team bus to Hull (for the FA Cup tie) and will play, no doubts about it. I could have gone for Steve Harper but I have gone for the better one of the two, which is Shay.

'The key issue is he is signed to 2011 and he will still be here until then, as far as I am concerned.'

But asked if the decision could be taken out of his hands, Kinnear admitted: 'Ah well, that's different, isn't it?' His assessment of Harper could backfire, too, as the 33-year-old is out of contract in the summer and is currently in talks over a new deal.

This all has a familiar air to it, its all a bit Milnerish.

I remember when KK was saying Milner loves it here, we love him, he's going nowhere. Then all players have a price and then news to me and then bang, sale, gone.

I hope to god Shay doesn't go to Man Cit or Spurs and that he stays,howay Shay lad. I know the club is in a right old state but don't give up on it just yet.  :thup:

If they are willing to pay £12m+ for a left back who has barely played over the last few seasons then I would want more than £10m for one of the best and most consistant keepers in the league.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shay going would have a huge impact in the dressing room, and in a negative way. The club need to sit him down and talk to him and listen to him and sort this shit out because he won't be the last to jump ship.

'I have not got any unhappy players here and no one has told me anything different,' he said. 'You are presuming the statement was sanctioned by Shay and I am quite happy with what Shay told me.

'We had a chat over a coffee and he is fine, very happy. He wants to do what is best for this club.

'He will be on the team bus to Hull (for the FA Cup tie) and will play, no doubts about it. I could have gone for Steve Harper but I have gone for the better one of the two, which is Shay.

'The key issue is he is signed to 2011 and he will still be here until then, as far as I am concerned.'

But asked if the decision could be taken out of his hands, Kinnear admitted: 'Ah well, that's different, isn't it?' His assessment of Harper could backfire, too, as the 33-year-old is out of contract in the summer and is currently in talks over a new deal.

I remember when KK was saying Milner loves it here, we love him, he's going nowhere. Then all players have a price and then news to me and then bang, sale, gone.

I hope to god Shay doesn't go to Man Cit or Spurs and that he stays,howay Shay lad. I know the club is in a right old state but don't give up on it just yet.  :thup:

The difference was Keegan knew that Milner had already handed in a transfer request when he was coming out with all of that.

As far as we're aware Given hasn't yet.

Guest Howaythetoon

The difference was Keegan knew that Milner had already handed in a transfer request when he was coming out with all of that.

What when he was saying he was going nowhere and he loved it here?

Shay Given, pictured in training on Friday.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/02/article-0-0258A045000005DC-881_468x313.jpg

:lol:

Spotted that :lol:

He actually looks pretty pleased as well :)

He's just seen Butt smash one past Harper from 65 yards.

Yes, we didn't find out for over a week that Milner had put a transfer request in and between then and the news coming out Keegan was coming out with all sorts.

Shay Given, pictured in training on Friday.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/02/article-0-0258A045000005DC-881_468x313.jpg

:lol:

Spotted that :lol:

He actually looks pretty pleased as well :)

He's just seen Butt smash one past Harper from 65 yards.

Harper doesn't train with the first team, they don't want him finding out that Shay is a better goalkeeper than he is.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes, we didn't find out for over a week that Milner had put a transfer request in and between then and the news coming out Keegan was coming out with all sorts.

But did KK know at the time Milner put in a transfer request?

Yes, they all agreed to keep it quiet until they had chance to have a sit down meeting to discuss it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes, they all agreed to keep it quiet until they had chance to have a sit down meeting to discuss it.

Can you be sure of anything KK says though given he was coming out with all kinds of things as you said yourself? I don't think KK knew much about it personaly hence why he was rambling on about how he was staying, he would never sell him, he loved it here, the owner loves him etc. only for it to be spun completely on its head a few days later. In the same way I don't think Kinnear has much of a clue hence his strange (coming out with all kinds of things?) comments and before you start I'm not saying this is more deliberate evil doing from Ashley keeping KK or Kinnear in the dark, I just think the communication IS THAT bad, then and now.

I'm sure it was the PFA who leaked Milner had handed in a transfer request, and who is now leaking Shay's unrest? His representative.

Very similar feeling for me anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

Either way its another PR disaster for the club and once again fans are left feeling WTF is going on. You have the manager saying fuck is all wrong, player is fine, loves it here, going nowhere and a day latter the player himself via his representitive contradicts all that which gets a nothing is wrong, player is fine, going nowhere response from the manager as if he's fucking deaf to all this. WTF is going on indeed. This is a shambles no two ways about it. What must it be like behind the scenes? No wonder we can't win football matches. :(