Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Saw a Winston Churchill quote today that summed NE5 up perfectly but forgot it :lol:

"What do you think of a deputy prime minister that has won 4 MP of the year awards for 2 political parties?" - Winston Churchill

What about City and Given then?

Why talk about things that are actually happening when you can blather on about the same old things FOREVER!

what is your opinion on a player who is the fabric of the club wanting to leave because he knows he isn't going to be successful ?

And - have you seen a relegated team before or not ?

Given is leaving for money. Lets not make idle excuses for his wanting out.

if that is true, then its the 2nd worst reason for losing a player who has been at the club so long ie Rob Lee, Shearer etc didn't leave for money ?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59575.0.html

I'm sure that getting relegated and losing 20000+ supporters in the ground is the way forward, if this is your answer.

I must have missed that.  What page was it on?  Have you read the accounts?

admittedly a sarcastic reply, but your link isn't part of this thread, is it ?

At least I now know you've seen it though, and are just avoiding it O0

edited.

Saw a Winston Churchill quote today that summed NE5 up perfectly but forgot it :lol:

"What do you think of a deputy prime minister that has won 4 MP of the year awards for 2 political parties?" - Winston Churchill

:lol:

easy, this predicting lark. Here you go, try and post something sensible.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,57178.msg1639985.html#msg1639985

Absolute rubbish !!! He lives in Tranwell Woods, Morpeth - My brother in law works for DHL and delivered some new golf clubs yesterday, they were from Portugal and Shay accepted them personally - some people try and piss people off by making up so much shit - what is the point ????

Guest thefishman

Not trying to piss any one off mate, got this sent by a mate who said he lived in whickham. So posted on here, wont bother in future OK, cNUT

Fishman - not a personal go at you mate, but your mate is feeding you rubbish. Iam like you probably sick of the way our club is going and can not be bothered with people making up crap - Not a go at you mate - Your mate

Guest thefishman

Indeed tomo, im sick of the crap and wish i could wake up and it all to be good again but as for given i thought he did live in whickham but stand corrected. But after the manshity game i think he will be off and who can blame him, its a sorry and sad situation which warrants no plausible explanation!

Absolute rubbish !!! He lives in Tranwell Woods, Morpeth - My brother in law works for DHL and delivered some new golf clubs yesterday, they were from Portugal and Shay accepted them personally - some people try and piss people off by making up so much shit - what is the point ????

Obviously needs new golf clubs that can handle the wetter climate.

the papers linked micah richards with wigan and bolton yesterday. he's had quite the fall from grace. would rather get richards and sturridge than johnson and onuoha. anyday!

Is that plus cash?

While were going wild on Friday night if we can get Robinho & Ireland + cash I would take that over richards and sturridge.

Tbf Sturridge is out of contract in the summer.

Would turn a horrific transfer window into an absolute cracker.

Your spot on, every day that passes I here that Big Brother voice in my head e.g "Day 21 of the Transfer window at the Madhouse of SJP & Derek has moved his desk"

Richards/Sturridge/Onouha/Johnson

I'd take them all and happily give them Given and a couple of million.

Would never happen mind. And I wonder if we'd need to replace Shay, or would we trust in Harper to take the no. 1 spot and thus have the likes of Krul and Forster as no. 2's. Are they good enough?

the papers linked micah richards with wigan and bolton yesterday. he's had quite the fall from grace. would rather get richards and sturridge than johnson and onuoha. anyday!

Is that plus cash?

While were going wild on Friday night if we can get Robinho & Ireland + cash I would take that over richards and sturridge.

Tbf Sturridge is out of contract in the summer.

its not that wild tbh. as you say, sturridge is off in the summer. the rags (yeh yeh, unreliable) reckon richards would go for £5m, although i'd say thats way too low. some combination of richards/johnson/sturride/gelson/onuoha would be lovely.

Richards/Sturridge/Onouha/Johnson

I'd take them all and happily give them Given and a couple of million.

Would never happen mind. And I wonder if we'd need to replace Shay, or would we trust in Harper to take the no. 1 spot and thus have the likes of Krul and Forster as no. 2's. Are they good enough?

Interesting one, its one we wont really have a clue about until it happens though. I'd cetainly have faith in Harper being an able deputy, Krul and Foster wont ever be tested until they are thrown in the deep end.

Your right about the swap deal too! If Micah is available though we wouldnt need Onouha.

Richards 5m  Johnson 5m sturridge 2m  would fit a more than reasonable valuation of Given. That said my evaluations a pretty cheap for theirs too.

I think they'd want more for Richards if they came to sell him. To be honest I still think he's a good player, he's just stagnated a bit and regressed in places. Looked like a probable world-beater not too long ago.

Seems to be more of a mental problem with him than a physical one, and I wouldn't trust our lot to have a major positive effect on the mental side of his game.