Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

If they are really opposed to paying £12 million then maybe we can throw in Owen as well.

Then go out and get someone with more of a presence upfront to play with Oba.

I doubt they will be so keen on Owen having bought Bellamy. At least they will wait until summer when they can pick him up for free.

Barry Silkman, the agent, was on SSN lunchtime suggesting Citeh had offered £7m and Newcastle wanted £12m.

Barry Silkman... not a more vile disreputable person in football wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Willie McKay FTW

Barry Silkman, the agent, was on SSN lunchtime suggesting Citeh had offered £7m and Newcastle wanted £12m.

Barry Silkman... not a more vile disreputable person in football wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Willie McKay FTW

All agents are scum, but Silkman wins hands down for his comments about SBR

Why are they taking the piss with these offers? Fuck sake, if they want him, they better be prepared to pay for him, like they seem to be with every other player. We got £12m for Milner in the summer, they should have to top that by a few millions for us to even consider it.

If I were a Newcastle fan I'd be happy that Citeh were offering ridiculously small figures.  If you are going to keep your head above the relegation dogfight you need to keep your best players ................... and Given certainly comes into that category.

If I were a Newcastle fan I'd be happy that Citeh were offering ridiculously small figures.  If you are going to keep your head above the relegation dogfight you need to keep your best players ................... and Given certainly comes into that category.

You're completely clueless.

If selling Given is the only way we will bring in players to improve the team then it absolutely has to be done.

Have you seen our defence and midfield? Absolutely pointless having Given back there if things remain as they are in other areas.

Wow. Interesting.

Well if there is one thing no one can accuse Mike Ashley of, it is letting players go on the cheap.

Every player sold under this regime has brought in more than I thought they would.

For £12 million I would have to say bye bye Given.

No point having the best goalie in the prem if your defence and midfield are dodgy.

He'll make 5 odd world class saves a game only for us to lose 3 - 0 anyway! It's stupid.

I wouldnt feel right if Milner went for £12m and Shay did as well.

You're completely clueless.

If selling Given is the only way we will bring in players to improve the team then it absolutely has to be done.

Have you seen our defence and midfield? Absolutely pointless having Given back there if things remain as they are in other areas.

So you're confident we'll definitely spend it are you? I'm still waiting to see the Milner money spent and since we spent 5k net in the summer surely we should have some more to dish out.

This regime is turning into a fucking joke beyond a joke.

Whilst it'd no doubt piss me off more if we sell him for a stupidly low fee, I'm not sure it even matters because I have absolutely no confidence in the club spending the money.

I just hope he doesn't go.

I don't think that we will spend anything, maybe one or two loan signings and Lovenkrands. Don't believe Shay has been sold but if he has then it's awful news, we won't spend a penny of what we get, I strongly believe that.