Geremi: I know nothing about Besiktas transfer

Guest Stephen927

How did we get a transfer fee for him??

His contract was up at the end of the year.  i reckon we would had let him leave for nothing this month anyway as he costs us alot on wages.

1.5 million that must be wrong surely?

It wasn't though and that's why we got a fee for him.

I don't see the point in selling him for such a paultry fee when we're so weak in midfield already. Unless we have someone who can come in and do a job there. Actually at times it makes me sick thinking of some of our midfield options.

This will deal will be confirmed if and when the two new midfielders we are after are confirmed.

Hope you're right. The Milner transfer didn't work out like that.

Two players didnt arrive after Milner left? I think you'll find thats wrong sir.

I don't see the point in selling him for such a paultry fee when we're so weak in midfield already. Unless we have someone who can come in and do a job there. Actually at times it makes me sick thinking of some of our midfield options.

This will deal will be confirmed if and when the two new midfielders we are after are confirmed.

Two players didnt arrive after Milner left? I think you'll find thats wrong sir.

Not direct replacements.

Not direct replacements.

Shut up you goon.

Not direct replacements.

Shut up you goon.

Why, because your wrong?

Not direct replacements.

Shut up you goon.

Why, because your wrong?

So you're expecting two players whose legs have gone who vaguely play on the right and can sometimes make a decent pass to come in to directly replace Geremi then?

Gonzalez is a midfielder and Xisco is an attacker. Milner was an attaking midfielder. Go figure it out yourself.

Not direct replacements.

Shut up you goon.

Why, because your wrong?

So you're expecting two players whose legs have gone who vaguely play on the right and can sometimes make a decent pass to come in to directly replace Geremi then?

Gonzalez is a midfielder and Xisco is an attacker. Milner was an attaking midfielder. Go figure it out yourself.

You are a clown.

If Geremi goes i would expect two younger and better midfield players in to replace him.

And if you think Xisco and Gonzalez were bought in to replace Milner than you are a bigger idiot than i thought.

Not direct replacements.

Shut up you goon.

Why, because your wrong?

You are a clown.

If Geremi goes i would expect two younger and better midfield players in to replace him.

And if you think Xisco and Gonzalez were bought in to replace Milner than you are a bigger idiot than i thought.

You see this is why i should have just stuck to shut up you goon. Two players came in after Milner left, which for the spectacularly retarded who cant hold more than one post in their tiny little minds was the point i was making re: Geremi. Gonzalez and Xisco havent replaced anyone in the team as they are shit/crocked. The deals came in after Milner left, thus countering Dave's idea that 'deals happening after a player leaves didnt happen with Milner'.

Thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my life explaining the obvious.

This is a great deal, I think people are just looking for an excuse to moan. Not only is he past it (just ask Bobby or Jose, two people's judgement I trust) he was also on stupidly high wages which he couldn't hope to earn without being capable of running.

I wonder what percentage of our assists he has in the last 12 months or so.

07/08 League only

32 team assists

Geremi 5

Zog 5

Emre 4

Oba 3

Smith 2

Beye 2

and so on

08/09 League Only

20 team assists (so far)

Geremi 3

Jonas 3

Oba 2

Enrique 2

Guthrie 2

and so on. 

We were assured the £12m would go directly towards a replacement for Milner, a player who submitted a transfer request over a week before the end of the window. We got a striking youngster for £5m and an unknown central midfielder on loan on the last day. I don't therefore agree that the Milner sale was related to the others coming in.

As I say, I hope things work out better this time, because we can ill-afford to lose someone in a position we're already so light in without bringing in a replacement.

We were assured the £12m would go directly towards a replacement for Milner, a player who submitted a transfer request over a week before the end of the window. We got a striking youngster for £5m and an unknown central midfielder on loan on the last day. I don't therefore agree that the Milner sale was related to the others coming in.

As I say, I hope things work out better this time, because we can ill-afford to lose someone in a position we're already so light in without bringing in a replacement.

It was meant to be that German but it fell through. Was making an even more basic point than that. 2 players arrived following Milner's departure.

Anyway, in this case its obvious that Geremi leaving is linked to players arriving, its churlish to say otherwise.

11th hour Arsenal bid for Magpies ace?

01:59 PM 15 January, 2009

Newcastle United utility man Geremi was all set to make a £1.5m move to Besiktas, but now it appears that Arsenal have also made an enquiry.

However, if the 30-year-old wants to join Arsenal, he will have to take a wage cut and accept a shorter contract than that being offered by Besiktas.

The Cameroon international is earning around £50k per week and under contract until June 2010 at Newcastle, but he wants out after being booed off by the fans against West Ham in the recent 2-2 draw.

The high-earner, who can operate in midfield, out wide or at right-back, has made only eight Premier League starts this season and is likely to only be a squad player at Arsenal (like Mikael Silvestre).

The former Newcastle captain was recently quoted as saying: “I want to be involved on the field.

“I am nearing the end of my career and I don't want to sit on the bench.

“I heard there is a bid for me from a club in Europe but I am waiting to decide what to do.

“To be honest, I want to play.”

Therefore, the smart money is still on Geremi to make a move to Besiktas.

I thought Kinnear was mates with Wenger? Bit of a cunt's trick to sell him Inspector Jeremy.

:lol:

To be fair he might do a job at Arsenal. They have players who can pass and move.

Exactly. The opposite also holds true. Alan Smith and Nicky Butt looked good when surrounded by good players at Man U. Take them out of that environment and you see them for what they really are.

He's got a natural talent in my opinion, same of which can only be said about Owen and Given here.

If he had the physical attributes, he'd be playing week-in week-out for one of the world's biggest teams.

11th hour Arsenal bid for Magpies ace?

01:59 PM 15 January, 2009

The Cameroon international is earning around £50k per week and under contract until June 2010 at Newcastle, but he wants out after being booed off by the fans against West Ham in the recent 2-2 draw.

See, booing can be positive.