Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

His club turned down double that in the summer from Everton, and he said he would only go to Man Utd or Arsenal.

Something must have changed for us to have any chance.

We might not have a chance, we have just made a bid.

His club turned down double that in the summer from Everton, and he said he would only go to Man Utd or Arsenal.

Something must have changed for us to have any chance.

We might not have a chance, we have just made a bid.

I would have thought his agent would have told us f there was any interest before we bid. Cant see them accepting 5 million anyway.

What about the loans?

When asked, he replied saying we have bid £5mill for Mbia, so i assume the loans didnt work out. Or maybe we tried to loan Mbia and they said no but we could buy him for £5mill.

Guest The Libertine

Why does he keep telling every man and his dog how much money we've got, and how much we're willing to spend? :undecided:

Be surprised if we pull this one off for this reason. It encourages other teams to come in and/or the seller to up their price. Pleased we're making some sort of progress but just keep it down, man!

I dont understand this - we believe him when theres something negative to be contrived out of what he says, but if theres something positive is said no one believes the bullshitter.

I believe that he's bent the truth at times, or said stuff prematurely only for things not to go to plan... but he'd be a bit silly to say we've bid for someone when we haven't.

barry ferguson springs to mind. christ knows what all that was about.

Why does he keep telling every man and his dog how much money we've got, and how much we're willing to spend? :undecided:

Be surprised if we pull this one off for this reason. It encourages other teams to come in and/or the seller to up their price. Pleased we're making some sort of progress but just keep it down, man!

I dont understand this - we believe him when theres something negative to be contrived out of what he says, but if theres something positive is said no one believes the bullshitter.

I believe that he's bent the truth at times, or said stuff prematurely only for things not to go to plan... but he'd be a bit silly to say we've bid for someone when we haven't.

barry ferguson springs to mind. christ knows what all that was about.

Depends whether whatever the guys bidding and trying to buy players were telling JFK the truth.

Wouldnt suprise me in the least to see Rennes come out and say no bid has been received and that they have never heard of Dennis Wise.

Guest Darth Toon

Wouldnt suprise me in the least to see Rennes come out and say no bid has been received and that they have never heard of Dennis Wise.

:lol:

Or even if we have I don't think M'Bia's response to the prospect of signing for the 2009 version of the club formerly known as Newcastle United will run to more than 2 words.

Guest geordienorway

The Rennais-fans is having a laugh at the fee that has been mentioned. They reckon we will have to pay 12-14 mill £.

I just think he should stfu and concentrate on getting the results...

But then people complain about the silence? Is there no one out there who mightbelieve that thisistheclubs reaction to the fans wanting more communication?

I don't think we need to know exactly which player we've bid for and how much, that might be taking things too far. Anyway, I'm starting to think this is all a smokescreen, we are probably bidding on a totally different player. It makes no sense to get everyone's hopes up unless everything is more or less tied up.

Guest The Libertine

The Rennais-fans is having a laugh at the fee that has been mentioned. They reckon we will have to pay 12-14 mill £.

Well thats us out, and id be suprised if anyone paid that much, Essien didnt go for much more.

£24.4 million for essien.

Well thats us out, and id be suprised if anyone paid that much, Essien didnt go for much more.

He was already world class before he went.

If we were willing to spend 12 million on a player(which we wont) id rather go for Palacios.

I've convinced myself that this is just a smokescreen for a more realistic signing, and that the club doesn't honestly believe they can get this player for 5 mil, or for any amount of money for that matter.

Wishful thinking is a critical skill for any NUFC fans' survival.