Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

The previous owners sold up and left, that's the only reason we have "shitbags" running the club now. Let's be fair now.

Being fair, Shepherd didn't want to sell - I had no time for the Halls (or indeed FS) on a personal level but I know they wanted success. Now I always said the reason they wanted success was to make money and I saw no objection to that because everybody was still happy. Now we have an owner who just wants money.

Shepherd didn't have to sell.

To be fair he had a choice between selling and staying his ground and getting marginalized on the board with his minority share.

The previous owners sold up and left, that's the only reason we have "shitbags" running the club now. Let's be fair now.

Being fair, Shepherd didn't want to sell - I had no time for the Halls (or indeed FS) on a personal level but I know they wanted success. Now I always said the reason they wanted success was to make money and I saw no objection to that because everybody was still happy. Now we have an owner who just wants money.

His only way out was to raise the money to buy more shares once Ashley had made the offer for the rest of the shares - his hand was effectively forced by Ashley/Hall

And he couldn't have raised much in a hospital bed with a collapsed lung and pneumonia tbf. 

Of all the things people pick to vilify Mike Ashley with I'm surprised that gets as little mention as it does.  I'm far from his biggest detractor but that was pretty low.

His only way out was to raise the money to buy more shares once Ashley had made the offer for the rest of the shares - his hand was effectively forced by Ashley/Hall

He could have raised the finance.

Guest fading star

fading star, you can get out of the three year deal.  Why don't you do that & go and support someone else?

The problem with like supporters like you is that you have no real passion for the club.

He's not the one cancelling his ST  :idiot2:

Can you cancel something you haven't signed up to?

And he couldn't have raised much in a hospital bed with a collapsed lung and pneumonia tbf. 

Of all the things people pick to vilify Mike Ashley with I'm surprised that gets as little mention as it does.  I'm far from his biggest detractor but that was pretty low.

Indeed it was, but I seem to remember people on here finding it pretty funny at the time...kind of like it was some sort of poetic justice for his mismanagement of the club...and everyone was in thrall to our new moneybags saviour.

:dontknow:

Being fair, if Hall and Shepherd didn't want to sell they wouldn't have floated the club on the stock market, the ramifications of which led to Keegan walking out the first time (sorry to jog the memory).

Being fair, if Shepherd didn't want to sell he should have bought out John Hall and took the club private like Ashley did. What was stopping him? What's stopping him now for that matter?

I seem to remember people on here finding it pretty funny at the time...kind of like it was some sort of poetic justice for his mismanagement of the club...and everyone was in thrall to our new moneybags saviour.

Aye, we had very little if any sympathy for Shepherd at a time. Perhaps a bit unfair on him.

Argh, let's stop this. A few more posts down this road and we're all going to be jumping out of our seats screaming "OMFG NE5 WAS RIGHT!"

I seem to remember people on here finding it pretty funny at the time...kind of like it was some sort of poetic justice for his mismanagement of the club...and everyone was in thrall to our new moneybags saviour.

Aye, we had very little if any sympathy for Shepherd at a time. Perhaps a bit unfair on him.

Argh, let's stop this. A few more posts down this road and we're all going to be jumping out of our seats screaming "OMFG NE5 WAS RIGHT!"

:nods: Well, he was right all along wasn't he. I guess we'll all need to learn a bit of humility and swallow som humble pie and apologise to him.

fading star, you can get out of the three year deal.  Why don't you do that & go and support someone else?

The problem with like supporters like you is that you have no real passion for the club.

He's not the one cancelling his ST  :idiot2:

Can you cancel something you haven't signed up to?

Your tits have no bearing on the future of NUFC.

I signed up for three years. Next season I will be attending under duress and fully intend to express my unhappiness at this, as will everyone who is being forced to pay for ticket they no longer want. Its not a good basis for moving forward together.

?

ne5 has always been partially right

He would have struggled I think.

Then again in hindsight if he had taken out a "Man Utd" style restructuring loan to pay for it I think we'd be better off on the pitch than we are now.

Hang on - I got called the other day for saying there were plenty rich opeople

He would have struggled I think.

Then again in hindsight if he had taken out a "Man Utd" style restructuring loan to pay for it I think we'd be better off on the pitch than we are now.

:nods: Well, he was right all along wasn't he. I guess we'll all need to learn a bit of humility and swallow som humble pie and apologise to him.

Speak for yourself mate. Complaining and whining doesn't equate to offering a solution in my book.

Speak for yourself mate. Complaining and whining doesn't equate to offering a solution in my book.

Well to be fair, he's not exactly the only one guilty of that around here, is he? :lol:

Has Kinnear being offerred a contract confirmed?

When is anything confirmed anymore?

Im not suprised one bit that, after the manager has came out with something like that, nothing has been confirmed by the club - which says everything.

Can I ask why you state that so assuredly?

I got the impression he did try but realised it was too much.

He owned more than enough of the asset already to put in as security to purchase the rest.

I'm not criticising him for getting out, but to say he couldn't have raised the finance if he'd wanted to is naive in the extreme.

Stick to the basics. I hope they pull something out the bag to make me feel a bit better about the potential future with Keegan.

Say what?

Freundian slip.

You know you want it Fredbob  O0  :laugh:

:laugh:

Admitting that the club have messed up with this contract offer is enough for one day.

One step at a time.

Can I ask why you state that so assuredly?

I got the impression he did try but realised it was too much.

He owned more than enough of the asset already to put in as security to purchase the rest.

I'm not criticising him for getting out, but to say he couldn't have raised the finance if he'd wanted to is naive in the extreme.

It would have depended on how determined Ashley was though. If FS wanted to purchase the 70% at £x per share then Ashley could have refused to sell his 40% or entered a bidding war for the remaining shares.

I do think his illness was a factor as well in him thinking sod it but I also think if he'd wanted to do what you suggest, there had been nothing stopping him doing it at any time since the Halls took a back seat.