Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

The end of this club.

Bet you'd love that.

Why?

I've never seen a person more pessimistic than you. That even includes HTT (not by much like).

So that means i want us to do bad?

And its hardly pessimistic now is it, it happening, our club is falling apart.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1119802/Kinnear-considers-staying-Toon-summer-Newcastle-table-offer.html

Kinnear considers staying in Toon beyond the summer after Newcastle table an offer

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 4:40 PM on 16th January 2009

Joe Kinnear has been offered a lucrative contract that would see him stay at Newcastle beyond the summer.

The former Wimbledon manager has steered Newcastle clear of the relegation zone and helped bring some stability to the club.

Speaking on talkSPORT ahead of Saturday's trip to fellow strugglers Blackburn, Kinnear revealed: 'I have been offered a very lucrative contract (at Newcastle). I've now got a really strong foothold in the club and things are turning back my way.

'Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias and I sat down and talked about taking the club forward and about reinvesting in the club in the summer. But I said to them first and foremost, we have to work hard and establish ourselves as a Premier League side and get away from the relegation fight.

'I really don't need anymore distractions than that. What I suggested to the club was that we all sit down in the summer and look at each other and say what direction do we want to take the club in, refinancing it, letting players go and bringing in my own players.

'I'll also see what my wife and family have to say about the situation of moving up here permanently.

'The more I do, the more I realised how much I missed it. Every time I come in and do the training work with the players I start telling myself it's fantastic that this is part of my life, I really enjoy this.

'This is the good part of the game, working with the talented players.'

Although Kinnear is enjoying his unexpected return to Premier League management, he was critical of the club's board for failing to deal with the futures of star players Shay Given and Michael Owen.

Unfortunately, instead of this being addressed early doors, I've come in later on and it's disappointing that this wasn't sorted out prior to me joining the club.

'But I've come in at the back end with Michael and I think Michael is basically looking at all his options in the summer.

'He's not saying that he isn't going to sign for the club. What he is saying is that he's going to look at all his options.'

Kinnear also bemoaned the fact that his team could be the first to face Brazilian superstar Kaka if he agrees to join Manchester City.

City's home game against Newcastle on January 28 has been pencilled in as a possible debut date for the AC Milan man.

And Kinnear is bracing himself for a tough test against moneybags City.

'Manchester City could have the best team in the world when we go to play them. It's just Sod's Law how the fixtures have come up.

'It could be Kaka's first game against us. We might play Manchester City and they will have the most expensive team in the world. It's just the way things have worked out.'

Guest Stephen927

THATS IT!!!

Direct debit cacelled, meant to start payng for next season in Feb THEY CAN f*** RIGHT OFF!!!!

No hope for the rest of us if the most optimistic poster on here isn't optimistic anymore. :(

Just Mike Ashley want to win the fans back or lose them for good? f***ing seems like the latter to me. This is pathetic tbh, really really pathetic. Cant wait to hear his statements in Feb.

I think he just doesn't give a toss anymore. He's completely lost any sort of love he had for the club and just wants to run it in the most frugal way possible until a buyer shows up.

And I'd bet my life that the "Ashley will talk to the fans after the transfer window" was just more shit manufactured by Kinnear

its just been on sky sports news !!this is a joke!kinnear is just a yes man ashley wise etc pick the player kinnear agrees!!! we are doomd !

At this momment in time I think we deserve him as much as he deserve us. Stop thinking we are someone special kinda mentality.

We arnt talking about this moment, we are talking about next season, and god knows how many more seasons after that. We are too big a club for a manager like Kinnear.

I can't believe anyone is shocked.

The only way he was ever not going to be manager next season was if we get relegated and even then I could see the "Joe is just the man to get us back up" line being used.